Stalking Rodgers

Brit Pack

4 minutes ago, ayt said:

They can't understand the difference. That is why they are who they are.

That's also why I've been threatened with a ban. Not that I care. I'll likely be banned for reasons.

Edited by ayt
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Rodgers can lineup for a play, see a defense rotate to a formation, recall a play that happened a decade ago when an entirely different defense showed a similar pre-snap rotation, get the 10 guys on the field with him, who were not on the team with him back when he first saw this defensive formation, all on the same page, and exploit that defensive look in exactly the same fashion he did a decade prior. All of that in 20 seconds or less BTW. 

That's a very high level of brain function right there. 

Rodgers ideologies have gone non-traditional since he started dating Danica, but he's a really sharp dude. 

Dunning-Kruger Effect

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, spilltray said:

Not really. That is pretty definitionally a conspiracy theorist belief. Therefore it was an accurate joke about Rodgers belief.

Rodgers on the other hand attempted to create a link between Kimmel and Epstein where none exists. 

It's pretty night and day different.

Kimmel was out to discredit anybody who did not go along with the narrative at the time. It was an attempt to embarrass and keep them silent. 

Big distinction there. I don't care what side you were on in that debate. It's debates that make us stronger. Silencing those who we disagree with is what third world countries do. 

Kimmel hid behind the "comedian,' to play enforcer. He had plenty of help too. That's why this comedy excuse doesn't fly. 

1 hour ago, ReasonablySober said:

This is a bit you're doing, right? 

Anyone who unironically complains about "PC" or "soft" (or anything "woke") is almost certainly not doing a bit.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

It's the difference between intelligence and wisdom. You can be smart and do dumb things, but probably don't if you have wisdom.

I think Rodgers is very smart. His wisdom seems......variable.

This. I know a lot of people who are very academically smart.

They have also believed and/or done some of the most asinine and/or illogical things ever.

10 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Kimmel was out to discredit anybody who did not go along with the narrative at the time. It was an attempt to embarrass and keep them silent. 

Big distinction there. I don't care what side you were on in that debate. It's debates that make us stronger. Silencing those who we disagree with is what third world countries do. 

Kimmel hid behind the "comedian,' to play enforcer. He had plenty of help too. That's why this comedy excuse doesn't fly. 

It's quite literally his job to make jokes about things that actually happen.

It's not remotely comparable to an athlete celebrity making a totally unfounded and damaging comment (it doesn't even really qualify as a joke, it was just a snide remark).

Edited by incognito_man

1 minute ago, Old Guy said:

Serious question because I respect your thought.

Is what Kimmel does to people when he trashes them moral? That includes Rodgers and his decisions during COVID? OR some of his opinions? 

Rodgers was going to get him back, no matter what. It's the way he operates. Make no mistake about it, they are actually birds of a feather. They are both petty ****! 

I’m not familiar with Kimmel’s stuff ( I think late night tv shows like his suck lol)  

Without knowing his stuff, I generally give comedians a lot of leeway . Im A context guy, and in my eyes a comedian making a joke is whatever for the most part. I guess I automatically assume comedians who do stuff like that or have crude humor do it with good intentions and or do it in satire.  

I know there’s a lot of gray in it and I don’t expect everyone to agree with those thought.

i also don’t mind talking smack, in fact i love it. I just think you cross a line when you can cause damage to another . 

Very interesting question 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Striker said:

So the next step is to defraud a state government?

Gotta hope Jordan Love breaks the trend... by winning more than 1 title AND not being a complete doofus after leaving the team for the NYJ.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

What I learned from this is Aaron Rodgers and Jimmy Kimmel are both still *******s.

I also learned that Rudy Ford is the top rated safety against the pass according to PFF.

I don’t really know how to judge safeties but I’ve been pretty pleased with our safety play. I haven’t seen them as a liability this year.