Stalking Rodgers

Brit Pack

7 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Or, we could realize that that type of "joke" is beyond the pale in the public forum for a host of reasons and try to hold him accountable for it with an apology and recognition it's not appropriate because of what it implies and it's obvious to anyone with half a brain and half a heart why.

This ^

7 hours ago, incognito_man said:

My guess is we get something like "I'm sorry for how what I said could have been interpreted" eventually. His PR team is going to push an apology and a wholly unapologetic Rodgers will offer the bare minimum and everyone will move on.

I'm not gonna get into the weeds on this cause it'll kick off a rebound response from his protectors, but I dont think we'll ever here the words "sorry" or "apologize" from AR about this. I just dont think it's in his nature.

Edited by Leader

2 hours ago, incognito_man said:

I don't think Aaron will ever understand why it was inappropriate. But I suspect he's smart enough to know he'll have to offer some type of apology on this. 

My guess is we get something like "I'm sorry for how what I said could have been interpreted" eventually. His PR team is going to push an apology and a wholly unapologetic Rodgers will offer the bare minimum and everyone will move on.

He's incapable.

21 minutes ago, ayt said:

He's incapable.

Tiniest violins in the world for these two. The offending quotes:

Kimmel: “Needless to say, all this UFO talk has the tin-foil hatters going wild, including Green Bay wack Packer Aaron Rodgers…,” Kimmel said before showing clips from Rodgers’ statements on “The Pat McAfee Show.”

*shows clip of Rodgers suggesting UFO attention is a misdirection from Epstein list*

“It might be time to revisit that concussion protocol, Aaron.”

///

Rodgers: “There’s a lot of people, including Jimmy Kimmel are really hoping that doesn't come out.”

*Technically* with this context, there are a few ways to interpret this; that Kimmel doesn't want it released because:

A. he would be on it, insinuating pedophilia 

B. his associates are on it

C. he'd look stupid for making fun of Rodgers for ridiculing its existence

To someone not following the context (i.e. most people), they'd interpret it as A, and accordingly Jimmy had to act. Rodgers can hide behind interpretation C, but he knows (through his media savvy) that it would have the effect of A, making him a giant douchebag, but legally in the clear.

It sucks for Kimmel that he has to deal with this, but complaining about his safety is a little rich, considering he played a huge role in turning Rodgers into a pariah (by drawing endless attention to his Qanon views to people who otherwise might not have known). It can be argued that that could have affected Rodgers' safety or peace of mind by reaching more potential hecklers. And this too after constant blackface on his insanely misogynistic show that would get most people canceled forever (lesser antics got Al Franken kicked out of the Senate). 

So f them both. Two douchebags who deserve each other.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ayt said:

Can one of the right-wingers point out to me anything that Kimmel has said about Rodgers that is wrong? Kimmel has made fun of Rodgers for things Rodgers has very publicly stood up for. In response, Rodgers tried to tie Kimmel to pedophilia based on nothing.

Me thinks you doth protest to much.  Right winger .. left winger .. chicken winger = again, most don't care as much as you.  Packers are in the playoffs .. that's what counts and should be the main topic.    

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

Me thinks you doth protest to much.  Right winger .. left winger .. chicken winger = again, most don't care as much as you.  Packers are in the playoffs .. that's what counts and should be the main topic.    

he should also scroll down and read up on Travis Kelce with Reid, it was the same for Rodgers and McCarthy, plenty of stuff Rodgers spouts now is just to rile people up and create media attention

16 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

It was celebrity Jeopardy, where the questions are so dumbed down that a decent amount of this board could have knocked off Rodgers.

Well, maybe some of us couldn't.  Optional Team Activities.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

That's an opinion, nothing true or factual in there.

Rodgers and Kimmel both made jokes, nothing factual in either statement made. 

Just catching up on the back and forth....

I have another 5+ pages to go, but I really hope that someone else figured out that this is not Aaron Rogers vs. Jimmy Kimmel.

This is Aaron Rogers versus the Jimmy Kimmel show, via the Pat McAfee show.

The Pat McAfee show, when I've seen it over lunch, typically has a legal disclaimer running during the show.  Not sure if that totally keeps the show away from a lawsuit, but I thought I'd mention that.

And whatever Jimmy Kimmel says on his show is probably the byproduct of many writers and producers creating material for him.  Whereas Rodgers statements are truly his.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Bcv said:

Dunning-Kruger Effect

4 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

...which Kimmel's writers did a great job explaining in his statement.

Irony alert! Kimmel has this as well. He's suddenly made himself an "expert," on all things geopolitical and science relating to his criticism of Rodgers and others who he does not agree with. 

In many cases he is so far over his skis it's laughable, much like Rodgers.

Just wonder how off-putting Kimmel's trashing of Rodgers because he didn't get his college degree was to his audience. Probably the majority also do not have a college degree. Of course, that arrogant prick probably thinks they are too dumb to connect the dots. Basically, he was calling everyone without a college degree an idiot. 

Don't remember who posted the comment earlier, but the jest of it was too buffoons who deserve each other. That describs Rodgers and Kimmel to a T.