Stalking Rodgers

Brit Pack

3 minutes ago, ReasonablySober said:

Why would I make that up?

FOR THE SEASON! 

Rodgers always stopped appearing during the off season. McAfee and Rodgers agreed to a 'cooling off,' period is what it sounds like. 

3 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

FOR THE SEASON! 

Rodgers always stopped appearing during the off season. McAfee and Rodgers agreed to a 'cooling off,' period is what it sounds like. 

Not so sure, a couple of days ago that one vp made it as clear as he could, without actually saying it (just like rodgers like to do), that rodgers’ role would be reviewed. 

Just now, Bcv said:

Not so sure, a couple of days ago that one vp made it as clear as he could, without actually saying it (just like rodgers like to do), that rodgers’ role would be reviewed. 

And that may happen, but as it stands now, he's taking the off season off. 

1 minute ago, Old Guy said:

And that may happen, but as it stands now, he's taking the off season off. 

If that’s how you want to interpret it, go right ahead. 

i’m just happy i won’t hear about him as much. In theory. 

Just now, Bcv said:

If that’s how you want to interpret it, go right ahead. 

i’m just happy i won’t hear about him as much. In theory. 

Rodgers need for media attention is only super ceded by the media's need for Rodgers news. 

• Like 1

Just now, Old Guy said:

Rodgers need for media attention is only super ceded by the media's need for Rodgers news. 

Not really. He's never made the circuit of all the programs available today. Outside of social media stuff, McAfee was his outlet of choice.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

FOR THE SEASON! 

He appeared in the offseason as well. 

Besides, watch for yourself. 

Sure as hell sounds like Rodgers is a headache PM doesn't want anymore.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ReasonablySober said:

He appeared in the offseason as well. 

Besides, watch for yourself. 

Sure as hell sounds like Rodgers is a headache PM doesn't want anymore.  

It may end up that way and if that is his intent, why didn't he say that. He went out of his way NOT to say that. Season 4 HAS ENDED with Aaron Rodgers. Those were his words. He left the door open with those words. 

9 minutes ago, Leader said:

Not really. He's never made the circuit of all the programs available today. Outside of social media stuff, McAfee was his outlet of choice.

That is not at all what I said. Rodgers needs the media to report on his every move, which builds his brand and makes him money. He needs the attention that brings. 

The media needs Rodgers because he's always doing and saying things that are divisive. That draws clicks to their story. It's a ****ed up dysfunctional relationship we all buy into. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

It may end up that way and if that is his intent, why didn't he say that. He went out of his way NOT to say that. Season 4 HAS ENDED with Aaron Rodgers. Those were his words. He left the door open with those words. 

And he said something about not having to deal with that "for a while"

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Norm said:

And he said something about not having to deal with that "for a while"

There is a very good chance Rodgers will be butthurt that Season 4 ended on someone else's terms other than his and be done with McAfee. The way Rodgers' holds grudges that may be personally and professionally. 

Just now, Old Guy said:

There is a very good chance Rodgers will be butthurt that Season 4 ended on someone else's terms other than his and be done with McAfee. The way Rodgers' holds grudges that may be personally and professionally. 

Maybe.. My guess is they talked and decided that they needed a break to let things cool off and reassess later on.

• Like 1

Just now, Old Guy said:

That is not at all what I said. Rodgers needs the media to report on his every move, which builds his brand and makes him money. He needs the attention that brings. 

The media needs Rodgers because he's always doing and saying things that are divisive. That draws clicks to their story. It's a ****ed up dysfunctional relationship we all buy into. 

Geeeeeezzzz OG is stuck in argumentative mode today. LOL I'll stand by my response to your initial comment.

Outside of clearly football related stuff, AR's not widely seen or heard of outside of a select "markets" - which has been winnowed down to social media and McAfee - where (again) - the bulk of his "news making" was being generated. Now, it sounds like Pat's ready for a break. 

My first comment(s) on this entire matter was a point of interest in how the corporate media owners would handle this and it appears McAfee's heard enough from the higher ups about it. 

4 minutes ago, Leader said:

Geeeeeezzzz OG is stuck in argumentative mode today. LOL I'll stand by my response to your initial comment.

Outside of clearly football related stuff, AR's not widely seen or heard of outside of a select "markets" - which has been winnowed down to social media and McAfee - where (again) - the bulk of his "news making" was being generated. Now, it sounds like Pat's ready for a break. 

My first comment(s) on this entire matter was a point of interest in how the corporate media owners would handle this and it appears McAfee's heard enough from the higher ups about it. 

You have to be kidding. HIs 'darkness,' retreat was all over the news for weeks. When he was dating the chick that tanned her *******, every move they made was all over the news. The constant drama if he's coming back, or being traded or retiring. 

The guy is an attention whore, but he has to control the narrative. Which is why he doesn't do the late-night circuit or a lot of appearances.  The medial eats it up.

Edited by Old Guy
  • Like 1