Stalking Rodgers

Brit Pack

13 hours ago, coachbuns said:

I have watched that **** head twice in my life a couple years ago.  Didn't like him then and haven't watched him since.  And .. I didn't watch any video .. period.  Just read what Rodgers said, then read what Kimmel said.  I DON"T CARE .. it doesn't affect me or my family .. I DON"T CARE.

So you commented on a video that you didn't watch and don't care about. 

You commented about the Dunning-Kruger effect and for as much as I do not like Kimmel (like you), I can say that the video did a good job of explaining that effect.  And from my seat, it fits perfectly with how Rodgers has acted at times.

Cool thing about that video is that you can skip around until you find the part when they discuss the Dunning-Kruger effect.  

I feel like Kimmel didn't write about it.  I doubt that he knew anything about it, though I cannot prove that, just a hunch.  To me he just delivered the narrative.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, WheresWallace said:

Would it be possible that Rodgers' level one intent was simply to dunk on Kimmel for questioning his assertion of a list?  But then that got misinterpreted into him accusing Kimmel of being a pedophile, but with Rodgers being incapable of introspection, he decided not to calm things down, because of his belief he didn't intend any harm?

The end result is indeed harmful, and he shouldn't have done it.  

But also, an argument can be made that Kimmel helped cause serious harm to Rodgers' public image. After the immunization shenanigans, his cookiness was only really known to McAfee listeners and NFL heads.  Kimmel took it mainstream, added his own influential commentary, and in turn, spun/exposed Rodgers to the world as a Qanon nutjob, and thus, a pariah.  I'd argue that this only isolated him more and had him seek out weirder and weirder people.

For sure his intent was to get back at Kimmel. In my above post I want I wasn't questioning his intent in regard to "smoking out pedos". i.e. he's like everyone else and doesn't like them.

I don't think Kimmel has any significant contribution to Rodgers pariahness. He's had a national audience of his own and made his own bed regardless of Kimmel.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

For sure his intent was to get back at Kimmel. In my above post I want I wasn't questioning his intent in regard to "smoking out pedos". i.e. he's like everyone else and doesn't like them.

I don't think Kimmel has any significant contribution to Rodgers pariahness. He's had a national audience of his own and made his own bed regardless of Kimmel.

Lots going on here regarding Rodgers, I'm curious what you think/feel...etc.

Regarding Rodgers right now.  He went after Kimmel, said what he said.  Jimmy responded.  Aaron lost his platform on McAfee.

Do you think he's learned anything?  Like it's okay to be an arrogant know it all when you are a highly paid, high performer in the NFL?  But not so much when you are really over the hill and have zero positive accomplishments under your belt in the past 24 months or so?

Cuz I can see where being "cancelled" right now could really, really set him off.  Or?  He holds onto that receipt and will use it in the future when he has a little more credibility on a platform.  Could be a "chip" that carries him to train harder to have a great season next year.  

No agenda here from me, just pure curiosity on my part.

Also?  Would love to hear what @beekay414 feels about this right now.  (And everyone else)

No worries if you don't want to respond, you've said a ton already and I get it if the topic exhausts you.

13 hours ago, coachbuns said:

I have watched that **** head twice in my life a couple years ago.  Didn't like him then and haven't watched him since.  And .. I didn't watch any video .. period.  Just read what Rodgers said, then read what Kimmel said.  I DON"T CARE .. it doesn't affect me or my family .. I DON"T CARE.

You keep posting though! Jeez.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bcv said:

Hundreds and hundreds of other players weren’t vaccinated and received 0 flack for it. Rodgers is just a ******* ******* and people don’t like him, what’s so hard to understand?

Keep your victim complex for Truth Social. 

Even the biggest Jets fan (Rich Eisen) recognize this.

Only the biggest diehard Rodgers apologists can't get out of their victim mentality (probably because Rodgers himself can't)

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Do you think he's learned anything?

No, I don't. I honestly think Rodgers is gonna go off the deep end when he doesn't have football anymore. He's already toeing it WHILE he has football and it got worse when he was injured all season.

Unfortunate because he has a platform to do good instead.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Regarding Rodgers right now.  He went after Kimmel, said what he said.  Jimmy responded.  Aaron lost his platform on McAfee.

Do you think he's learned anything?  Like it's okay to be an arrogant know it all when you are a highly paid, high performer in the NFL?  But not so much when you are really over the hill and have zero positive accomplishments under your belt in the past 24 months or so?

Cuz I can see where being "cancelled" right now could really, really set him off.  Or?  He holds onto that receipt and will use it in the future when he has a little more credibility on a platform.  Could be a "chip" that carries him to train harder to have a great season next year.  

Also?  Would love to hear what @beekay414 feels about this right now.  (And everyone else)

No worries if you don't want to respond, you've said a ton already and I get it if the topic exhausts you.

I don't think Rodgers will care when he's done playing about having a platform, we're talking about a guy who's happy to sit in a hobbit hole for a week and crap in a bowl. I think he'll largely disappear like Favre and the only way we'll hear about him is if he does or tweets something controversial.

As far as next year, dudes going to try and go scorched earth one more time so he can flash the suck it sign to the doubters before he hangs it up. At 40, I'm just not sure it happens for him this time.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Rodgers will always have a platform because of who he is, and he does so many things the media finds abhorrent.

I could see Rodgers doing his own podcast when his playing days are done. I could also see Rodgers drifting off into the abyss and living the rest of his life like a hippy. 

The guy has issues, not doubt about it. Where they stem from who knows. It's kind of funny that we went after Kimmel because it seemed like Rodgers was trying to set himself up in the entertainment business with his appearance on Game of Thrones and wanting to host Jeopardy. Seems he's pissing off the wrong group of people to have a shot at that. 

Edited by Old Guy

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

Do you think he's learned anything? 

The man is 40 years old and is still acting like an 18 year old edgelord.

Is there a chance he'll one day learn? Sure, it's not *zero*. But I'd feel more confident in betting on the Panthers winning the Super Bowl next year than I would on Rodgers having a moment of meaningful introspection.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, incognito_man said:

No, I don't. I honestly think Rodgers is gonna go off the deep end when he doesn't have football anymore. He's already toeing it WHILE he has football and it got worse when he was injured all season.

Unfortunate because he has a platform to do good instead.

I think it could take a while for him to go off of the deep end.  

He will be able to have a great ceremony at GB when going into our Hall of Fame.

Then there is the real HOF.

Course, there may be a few years in there when he's not relevant anymore.  That'll be an interesting time for him.  

5 hours ago, sgtcheezwiz said:

Say what you want about Bob McGinn but he we right about Rodgers.

Also, back in August 2010 I was in some air base in Kuwait waiting to go back home for a couple weeks. Basically, anybody going on R and R throughout the entire Middle East got funneled to this place and flies out together so I was waiting with a bunch of randos. 

Started chatting with the guy next to me who was with the California National Guard and we starting talking about football - mentioned to him I'm a Packer fan. He asks me what I think about Aaron Rodgers and all that and then he reveals he is from Chico and went to high school with Rodgers. Said he was a humongous, arrogant ******* and that literally everybody, including his family hated him. lol. Back then I just though this guy was full of it and making up some cool story. He still might have made it all up, but jeeeesh I really don't think he was anymore lol.

This is called hearsay, he media lives for this. I'm not saying it's not true or true but sheesh. I mean it's 10 am somewhere if you haven't heard a rumor you might as well start one. Lets say this guy didn't like him cause he was arrogant or very confident the lines can be blurred maybe........who knows who cares. He's a football player and the only reason they have these platforms is cause you, we, us tune in. I stopped i just like to laugh at this thread and the so called people talking like they know AR in some way! Pure gold. 

9 hours ago, WheresWallace said:

Would it be possible that Rodgers' level one intent was simply to dunk on Kimmel for questioning his assertion of a list?  But then that got misinterpreted into him accusing Kimmel of being a pedophile, but with Rodgers being incapable of introspection, he decided not to calm things down, because of his belief he didn't intend any harm?

No. No this is not possible.   Rodgers was not misinterpreted by anyone other than those trying to find excuses.    No reasonable person believes he wasn't accusing Kimmel 

Don't read this as a defense of Kimmel.  I understand why people wouldn't like the guy.   I happen to think Greg Gutfeld barely qualifies as a human being, but nobody should be able infer or suggest he's a pedophile.    

• Like 3