Stalking Rodgers

Brit Pack

33 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

We finally got the see the real LaFleur this year.  That was one of my big questions .. can this guy actually coach, or was the success due to Aaron Rodgers?  I think the guy can coach, and I like this offense better than what Rodgers was doing.  I caught a snippet yesterday where someone mentioned that Mark Murphy said at the shareholders meeting that we would see Matt's offense this year.  I like what I see.

• Like 7

It’s a shame Aaron Rodgers isn’t capable of introspection. If he were, he’d realize he should have at least another ring. Except he was too bullheaded to run the coach's offense as designed.

Edited by Old Guy
  • Like 3

22 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

We finally got the see the real LaFleur this year.  That was one of my big questions .. can this guy actually coach, or was the success due to Aaron Rodgers?  I think the guy can coach, and I like this offense better than what Rodgers was doing.  I caught a snippet yesterday where someone mentioned that Mark Murphy said at the shareholders meeting that we would see Matt's offense this year.  I like what I see.

Aaron was definitely holding MLF back in 2022

• Like 8

I have been the one saying all off-season how exciting it is going to be to see LaFleur’s offense.

And I know not a lot of people will believe it, but Degaura doesn’t bust if he was drafted around the same time as Love.

Guaranteed neither Musgrave nor Kraft have above 25 targets or near 11 receptions this year if we still had Rodgers.

Rodgers sabotaged McCarthy to get McCarthy fired and he sabotaged LaFleur to get out of GB.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, MacReady said:

I have been the one saying all off-season how exciting it is going to be to see LaFleur’s offense.

And I know not a lot of people will believe it, but Degaura doesn’t bust if he was drafted around the same time as Love.

Guaranteed neither Musgrave nor Kraft have above 25 targets or near 11 receptions this year if we still had Rodgers.

Rodgers sabotaged McCarthy to get McCarthy fired and he sabotaged LaFleur to get out of GB.

You weren't the only one wanting to see MLF's offense without Rodgers. 

Deguara was drafted the day after Love was drafted. It went Love-Dillon-Deguara in 2020. 

It's also no mystery that Rodgers refused to throw to rookies. We all watched over the years. 

Edited by Old Guy

26 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Old Outhouse thinks he's on an island but the island he's really on is Manhattan lmao.

Boy, as I was reading that sentence, I thought for sure a different island was going to be named.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

You weren't the only one wanting to see MLF's offense without Rodgers. 

Deguara was drafted the day after Love was drafted. It went Love-Dillon-Deguara in 2020. 

It's also no mystery that Rodgers refused to throw to rookies. We all watched over the years. 

I'm not sure GB views Deguara as a bust, either.

I remember MLF being very excited to have drafted Deguara.

And since he doesn't catch passes and isn't a "real" tight end, as a fan, I label him a bust.

But as an H-back, I think he's pretty much what MLF wants for this offense.

I've seen him do some pretty outstanding run blocking work in the past few games.  Typically I'm watching the OL and digging it when Jenkins is moving into a hole, but typically it is Deguara who flies in with a great seal block.

I don't know.  Long way of me saying that while I perceive Deguara to be a bust, he's probably more useful as an H-back than I give him credit for.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I'm not sure GB views Deguara as a bust, either.

I remember MLF being very excited to have drafted Deguara.

And since he doesn't catch passes and isn't a "real" tight end, as a fan, I label him a bust.

But as an H-back, I think he's pretty much what MLF wants for this offense.

I've seen him do some pretty outstanding run blocking work in the past few games.  Typically I'm watching the OL and digging it when Jenkins is moving into a hole, but typically it is Deguara who flies in with a great seal block.

I don't know.  Long way of me saying that while I perceive Deguara to be a bust, he's probably more useful as an H-back than I give him credit for.

He was 18th in offensive snap count and 3rd in STs. So he's a fairly significant contributor. Not really a "bust", but probably below the curve in expected performance/contribution for a 3rd round pick.

• Like 1

It's probably not a coincidence that the one highlight play of Deguara's career came with Jordan Love at quarterback.

It's pretty easy to see how he would have been a real good fit if he was playing in the MLF offense we've seen this year. We've seen Musgrave and Kraft schemed open enough. 

I'll always look at him as more of a victim of circumstances than a flat out bust. 

In mlf and rodgers first year, the offense looked a lot more like it has this year than 2022-2023 offense.

The unpredictability that comes from balance and setting up plays from comparable looks is really enjoyable offense to watch.

I thought mlf had just run out of ideas last year but now i realizing rodgers was effing the grand design up. Plus we were stuck with lazard and cobb who could not create seperation.