Stalking Rodgers

Brit Pack

I'm pretty sure that Rodgers issues harken from the fact that he internalized that people saw him as "smart" because certain things came very easily to him.  As a result anything that was actually complicated and required nuance and effort to understand was obvious BS because Aaron Rodgers sees himself as a smart person to whom things come easily.  This is how people fall to conspiratorial thinking because "people are lying to you, the answer is actually lizard people" is a lot simpler of an explanation than whatever is actually going on.

1 hour ago, Striker said:

It's funny that folks on the right think CNN is some far left (or even left leaning) news organization when they have basically tanked their network in their desperate attempts to garner views from an audience that still doesn't tune in despite them trying to create some sort of artificial centrism.

It's also funny that folks believe that Tapper would recklessly report something without some trust in his sources. Of all those working at CNN, he's been pretty damn consistent with his fact checking.

...also, is it really that much of a stretch that Mr. 9/11, COVID vaccine, chemtrail, UFO, Epstein conspiracy guy would also buy into the Sandy Hook conspiracies? Or are his various teammates just lying about that too because...?

It takes some serious brainwashing to not realize that CNN is left-leaning. 

1 minute ago, TransientTexan said:

It takes some serious brainwashing to not realize that CNN is left-leaning. 

No doubt he also believes Fox News isn't right wing. They just spend all day kissing Trumps *** and slamming Biden because it's fun.

4 minutes ago, Cheesehead430 said:

Wouldn't put it past Aaron but also don't believe a word on CNN.  Click bait/Slander at its finest. 

Surely you understand that if this is not true Rodgers would sue them in a heartbeat, right?

Doesn't matter where it's published. The author of the story is opened to a lawsuit.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I'm just not sure what Rodgers gets out of running as veep on a doomed ticket.  Does he not already get enough attention being a professional football quarterback?

My favorite part of this is that this is all occurring after Rodgers complained about distractions earlier this year.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I'm just not sure what Rodgers gets out of running as veep on a doomed ticket.  Does he not already get enough attention being a professional football quarterback?

960977e8047635f1_Veep_410_ID04.gif

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Surely you understand that if this is not true Rodgers would sue them in a heartbeat, right?

Doesn't matter where it's published. The author of the story is opened to a lawsuit.

You have to prove intent in order to sue for libel which is incredibly hard to do.

I mean, from a European perspective CNN is a Center-Right organization because they're very much pro-corporate.  It's just that the overton window in the U.S. is bizarre.  Like if someone says "that liberal Nancy Pelosi..." as an invective, you don't know whether that person is criticizing her from the left because she's cozy with big corporations or that person is criticizing her from the right because she doesn't want to put people in camps.

But as for the media people generally believe a network is "against" "their side" when they don't put forward enough "news" that confirms their preexisting opinions.  Forget the fact that the actual job of something like CNN is to "report what happens."

Option 1: Aaron Rodgers believes the alleged Sandy Hook conspiracy and did say those things.

What will happen next is that he will continue to have no comment on the matter.

Option 2: Aaron Rodgers doesn't actually believe in the Sandy Hook conspiracy and either (a) didn't say those things or (b) said those things in crude jest in front of the wrong audience.

What would happen next if he isn't a sociopath is that he'd say something like "I wholeheartedly disagree with the comments attributed to me in the article and do not believe it was a conspiracy. I apologize for any role I may have had in worsening the pain for the victims and pledge $xxx,xxx to [insert Sandy Hook family charity]." Additionally, if it's (a), he would announce a lawsuit against CNN and the authors.

We'll see what we get.

Edited by incognito_man

It's funny that the usual suspects are going to try to argue that CNN is not left leaning despite everything in their recent history (including them, and other networks, trying to load up on Republican/Trump members for their panelists and the entirety of Licht's disastrous tenure) showing otherwise. 

The one point I will concede is that, yes, it is left from the perspective of the Overton window and decades of working the refs (and blaring the message to the general public) so anything centrist (by RoW standards) seems left/far left to folks here.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, StatKing said:

You have to prove intent in order to sue for libel which is incredibly hard to do.

You seem to be able to make the connection easily enough though................................

4 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I mean, from a European perspective CNN is a Center-Right organization because they're very much pro-corporate.  It's just that the overton window in the U.S. is bizarre.  Like if someone says "that liberal Nancy Pelosi..." as an invective, you don't know whether that person is criticizing her from the left because she's cozy with big corporations or that person is criticizing her from the right because she doesn't want to put people in camps.

But as for the media people generally believe a network is "against" "their side" when they don't put forward enough "news" that confirms their preexisting opinions.  Forget the fact that the actual job of something like CNN is to "report what happens."

^ also all of this

And, again, re: the bold - it's all about newsrooms vs. opinion shows. ESPN has a lot of opinion programming, a lot of which is just loud and wrong yelling. But their sports reporters are among the best in the business.

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Option 1: Aaron Rodgers believes the alleged Sandy Hook conspiracy and did say those things.

What will happen next is that he will continue to have no comment on the matter.

Option 2: Aaron Rodgers doesn't actually believe in the Sandy Hook conspiracy and either (a) didn't say those things or (b) said those things in crude jest in front of the wrong audience.

What would happen next if he isn't a sociopath is that he'd say something like "I wholeheartedly disagree with the comments attributed to me in the article and do not believe it was a conspiracy. I apologize for any role I may have had in worsening the pain for the victims and pledge $xxx,xxx to [insert Sandy Hook family charity]."

We'll see what we get.

Option 3 : This is actually a big brain plot to get released by the Jets so he can go join Aaron Jones in Minnesota and throw for a bajillion yards to Justin Jefferson.

Edited by Striker
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Striker said:

Option 3 : This is actually a big brain plot to get released by the Jets so he can go join Aaron Jones in Minnesota and throw for a bajillion yards to Justin Jefferson.

Wowwwww.....didnt see that one coming :)