Stalking Rodgers

Brit Pack

It's honestly gotten to the point that I'm not sure what sort of reaction Rodgers would get if he's invited back to Lambeau when he goes into the Hall of Fame.  Like the dude needs to spend multiple years with no one talking about him to repair his image, but I don't know if he's capable of it.

1 minute ago, HighCalebR said:

This is an internet forum. We're all anon posters.

it's still ok to label sociopathic and anti-science posts/ideas as such so those readers who still have a chance at being successful members of a free and functional society can breathe a sigh of relief

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, ReasonablySober said:

Nah. I prefer public shaming and ridicule. 

To be fair, most of them fully revealed who they are in 2020. Of course, only one of them consistently lowers the bar.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

This is an internet forum. We're all anon posters.

Sure, but knowing who here aligns with the guy who thinks 9/11 was an inside job and the moon landing was faked is going to color my opinion on their other, perhaps less important things. 

Edited by ReasonablySober

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

it's still ok to label sociopathic and anti-science posts/ideas as such so those readers who still have a chance at being successful members of a free and functional society can breathe a sigh of relief

Aaron for sure nut case. Call him a nut case im fine with that. Could he be/have been a sandy hook denier? Wouldn't doubt it. I don't know why anyone would actively defend him who isnt close to him.

Would it be crazy to think CNN would run a small smear campaign (as much as 1 allegation is a campaign) against a 3rd party? No, I also wouldn't be shocked.  I don't know why anyone would actively defend our main news outlets at this point. 

Is it true? Doesn't matter, don't care. It has no bearing on my day to day.

I'm definitely in the wrong thread because it does in fact appear that people care about what Rodgers says.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Would it be crazy to think CNN would run a small smear campaign (as much as 1 allegation is a campaign) against a 3rd party? No

this is where you (and others) are wrong

it would be ABSOLUTELY crazy to make this up and open yourself up to a lawsuit if it wasn't true

This isn't an opinion piece. This is a story that contains allegations. It doesn't matter if this was MSNBC (or choose your favorite left source) or OAN or FOX (or choose your favorite right source). NOBODY is going to just make up something like this and publish it if it didn't happen.

It's 100% naive/cynical/incorrect to think otherwise. There are real-world consequences for doing this if it's not true...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Striker said:

To be fair, most of them fully revealed who they are in 2020. Of course, only one of them consistently lowers the bar.

This board is just as cultish as I remembered it. And with zero self-awareness.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, ReasonablySober said:

Sure, but knowing who here aligns with the guy who thinks 9/11 was an inside job and the moon landing was faked is going to color my opinion on their other, perhaps less important things. 

So if someone aligns on one topic, they align on everything? Very bigoted & intellectually dishonest of you. 

10 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

this is where you (and others) are wrong

it would be ABSOLUTELY crazy to make this up and open yourself up to a lawsuit if it wasn't true

This isn't an opinion piece. This is a story that contains allegations. It doesn't matter if this was MSNBC (or choose your favorite left source) or OAN or FOX (or choose your favorite right source). NOBODY is going to just make up something like this and publish it if it didn't happen.

It's 100% naive/cynical/incorrect to think otherwise. There are real-world consequences for doing this if it's not true...

There's allegations that he's a conspiracy theorist. How do you prove you never said those things off the cuff in a face to face meet up? 

This isn't the Jones case where Rodgers was disseminating this information as fact to a large following.

The allegations won't go any further against Rodgers, other than irreparably damaging any hopes at VP. And Rodgers has no footing for a suit.

Edited by HighCalebR

19 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

It's honestly gotten to the point that I'm not sure what sort of reaction Rodgers would get if he's invited back to Lambeau when he goes into the Hall of Fame.  Like the dude needs to spend multiple years with no one talking about him to repair his image, but I don't know if he's capable of it.

I doubt there will be much of an adverse reaction.  Every time I watch GB games on TV, I see way too many #4 jerseys in the stands. I appreciate what he gave us on the field but I can’t even fathom wearing his jersey after everything. The drama of Favre Watch, sending **** pics to women while his wife was battling cancer and going to MIN to spite us was bad enough but the welfare scandal???  My goodness what a miscreant. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Like since Rodgers is a public figure (he is notable for playing football, which is widely viewed on television) he would need to prove actual malice to win a defamation case.  I'm not sure he'd win a normal defamation case (he'd need to prove he was actually harmed by the report, but "Aaron Rodgers is a nutcase" appears to already have been widely believed) but he'd need to argue that the people publishing the report either knew it was false or acted with "reckless disregard" for its falsity.

Like for a public figure (particularly in the context of running for office) "look at this weird thing this person said or did, that probably means you should not vote for them" is not defamation!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Like since Rodgers is a public figure (he is notable for playing football, which is widely viewed on television) he would need to prove actual malice to win a defamation case.  I'm not sure he'd win a normal defamation case (he'd need to prove he was actually harmed by the report, but "Aaron Rodgers is a nutcase" appears to already have been widely believed) but he'd need to argue that the people publishing the report either knew it was false or acted with "reckless disregard" for its falsity.

Like for a public figure (particularly in the context of running for office) "look at this weird thing this person said or did, that probably means you should not vote for them" is not defamation!

the author is the source. So the argument of "they knew it was false" is self-evident if it's actually false.

If this was false, there's a 100% chance Rodgers would sue.

7 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Huge corporations can have millions (9 digits even) of dollars in their budget strictly for settling lawsuits.  Or they have subsidiaries that act as their own third-party insurance adjusters like Walmart does. Settling is just part of the game.  If this report is 100% BS, Rodgers should go after them to clear his name and get paid for punitive damages.  Hell, he might even take it all the way to Supreme Court knowing him. 

I hope for his sake this report is completely false.  And if it’s not, **** him.  I can only imagine the grief of the parents who lost their children at Sandy Hook. Anyone who thinks or says that it didn’t happen should be ashamed of themselves.