Stalking Rodgers

Brit Pack

4 hours ago, Old Guy said:

You've only known the Packers as a winning organization. I am grateful, as a fan of the Green Bay Packers, for all of those who brought us back to relevance which includes Favre but not exclusive to him. 

I moved from Wisconsin to Michigan in 4th grade. The Lions routinely beat the Packers *** for about 20 years. I remained loyal throughout. I guess maybe you don't understand, but that is more your entitlement than my, "fat-chick to the prom gratefulness."

For your sake, and every other Packer fan, I hope you don't have to live through 20+ years of futility. 

In the 10 years of 80-89, the Packers finished below .500 only 4 times. People talk about the 80s like they're Lions fans and not like it was just a normal decade for most NFL teams. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Was Favre forgiven? 

He'll never have the reputation he did before he left. He's kinda like the family member who's been verbally forgiven for his indiscretions, but it's never been forgotten by anybody at the reunion and things remain frosty.

Huge Favre fan here.  And concerning me?  This is very accurate statement for how I feel about Brett.

Man, I get a really big kick out of Jets fans.  They think they know Aaron Rodgers.

Wait till they are down 4 with 1:39 left, one timeout and on their own 19 yard line.  They are going to be shocked when the 4'th down sacks happens, when the rest of us will have known the outcome of the game well in advance.

5 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I will never not be amazed by the fat-chick-invited-to-prom levels of gratefulness to Favre that old Packer fans have. 

talk to a Detroit Lions fan and you'll know why older fans are grateful, have you ever been a fan of a perennial loser?

happily, most younger Packer fans have known mostly winning seasons, and got to watch 2 HOF QB's the last 30 plus years.

3 minutes ago, hitnhope said:
2 hours ago, squire12 said:

And yet the NYJ first round pick in 2023 was on defense

What does that have to do with anything GB related?

lots of people ***** about how GB never drafted offense in the first round with Rodgers at QB (except to draft Love) yet are praising the NYJ front office for moves.....of which they also drafted defense in the first round

52 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

In the 10 years of 80-89, the Packers finished below .500 only 4 times. People talk about the 80s like they're Lions fans and not like it was just a normal decade for most NFL teams. 

Or you could frame it that they only had a winning record twice and 1 of them was the strike shortened season.

49 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I see what you did here. They had two winning records, one was a strike shortened year where we went 5-3-1 and 'won' the division. It was our only division title of the decade. We also went 10-6 and finished second in the division. We were 8-8 four times. So technically you are correct when you say, we only finished below .500 - 4 times. But he had a losing record overall in the '80s. 

So yeah, the '80s sucked. 

Just now, squire12 said:

lots of people ***** about how GB never drafted offense in the first round with Rodgers at QB (except to draft Love) yet are praising the NYJ front office for moves..... of which they also drafted defense in the first round

Have the Jets not drafted offensive talent for the past .13 years?   Did they not draft a WR in the 1.st last year?    

Your comment just didn't make sense to me due to past draft history.   The Jets are kind of the opposite end of the spectrum from GB with draft and develop history.  The Jets pick a ton of offensive players high in the draft and get nothing out of them.   Like GB on defense.

11 minutes ago, hitnhope said:

Have the Jets not drafted offensive talent for the past .13 years?   Did they not draft a WR in the 1.st last year?    

Your comment just didn't make sense to me due to past draft history.   The Jets are kind of the opposite end of the spectrum from GB with draft and develop history.  The Jets pick a ton of offensive players high in the draft and get nothing out of them.   Like GB on defense.

GB drafted Walker in 2002, Franks in 2000 in round 1 in  the few years prior to selecting Rodgers

NYJ, aside from Wilson in 2022 have drafted in round 1....

QB, G, T, DT, QB, DB, LB, DE, DB, DB, DE, DT, DB, QB

https://www.drafthistory.com/index.php/teams/jets

Edited by squire12

4 hours ago, minnypackerfan said:

At this point....I just care he plays at least 65% of the plays this year for the Jets.  The rest will take care of itself. Gute is not a bad GM (maybe not a great one either).  LeFleur's hands were tied up and he probably had little control over this situation so I'm not sure I would point any of the blame his way for any of this.  This seems to be more of a Murphy-Gute-Rodgers problem.  It's finally over.

If you look at Rodger's statistics for last year, they are average at best, and would be considered poor by Rodger's own standards.  So it was time for both to move on.  

I hope you guys do get the first round pick. That means Rodgers played a lot. Rodgers had back to back MVP years and then 1 bad year. He did not want to play for GB. You could see it in his actions and what he said. He is total diffent now with what the Jets have seen since he stepped in. 

GB did what they could to get as much as they could out of the Jets but JD just would not bite. There was never another team that would come in and grab him. 

42 minutes ago, turf toe said:

talk to a Detroit Lions fan and you'll know why older fans are grateful, have you ever been a fan of a perennial loser?

happily, most younger Packer fans have known mostly winning seasons, and got to watch 2 HOF QB's the last 30 plus years.

You may not know this, but many Packer fans are fans of other Wisconsin teams. 

We've put up with 20 year stretches of terrible play from both the Bucks and the Brewers. 

Most people here know what **** teams are like.