Stalking Rodgers

Brit Pack

3 hours ago, squire12 said:

Who was the last WR coming off a rookie contract that GB didn't re-sign that was worthy of said contract?

Likely Adams, though I think if the other receivers aren't producing enough to be earning those contracts like ESB and AmRod, then that's also an indictment on Gute and his awful WR talent scouting.

10 minutes ago, LLcheesehead12 said:

Likely Adams, though I think if the other receivers aren't producing enough to be earning those contracts like ESB and AmRod, then that's also an indictment on Gute and his awful WR talent scouting.

Adams was signed to a 2nd contract after his rookie contract ended.  

• Like 1

On 8/5/2023 at 4:07 PM, LLcheesehead12 said:

It was after the 2020 season, and he was a bit upset because the Packers had let Jordy, Cobb and a few other of his former teammates go despite those guys willingness to take pay cuts.  So hence we brought back Cobb for the last two years to placate him a little.

And even I have to agree a little with the sentiments there because Gute definitely has so far made a habit of trying to be ultra cheap with the WRs and he'd better hope that doesn't come back to bite him in the *** this year.  I mean I get it that once their rookie contracts are up, some of them like MVS get swooped up on the open market for numbers that exceed their value, but Gute seems to have a bottom low price for vet WRs that he never will negotiate on.  That's bad and he should be fired if he refuses to pay Watson when the time comes.

thats the year he openly said it to the media, I's just my opinion that he may have asked for a trade after the 2017 season, according to this forbes article he still had two years remaining on the 2014 contract and we bumped it in August of 2018 for 134.000.000 more, and made him the most expensive player in the league again, we'll probably never know if he threatened a hold out, or asked for a trade.

Edited by turf toe

On 8/5/2023 at 4:35 PM, squire12 said:

Who was the last WR coming off a rookie contract that GB didn't re-sign that was worthy of said contract?

there are none, maybe MVS, his speed helps, but he still barely breaks the 50% catch to target rate.

On 8/5/2023 at 8:29 PM, Norm said:

Lol awful WR scouting though.

My god

scouting? Stevie Wonder could have plucked the scrubs that rotated through here between Adams and Watson lol.

Edited by turf toe

4 hours ago, turf toe said:

scouting? Stevie Wonder could have plucked the scrubs that rotated through here between Adams and Watson lol.

He didn't spend any real capital on it dumbass. That's the whole point. Doubs and Watson have potential but derrrrrr scouting 

3 hours ago, Norm said:

He didn't spend any real capital on it dumbass. That's the whole point. Doubs and Watson have potential but derrrrrr scouting 

You missed the whole point tho, they didn't pick any WRs higher than round 3 for 8 years between Adams and Watson because our dumb front office kept blowing it cheap on do nothings like Jimon Moore, ESB, and Amari Rodgers.

8 hours ago, LLcheesehead12 said:

You missed the whole point tho, they didn't pick any WRs higher than round 3 for 8 years between Adams and Watson because our dumb front office kept blowing it cheap on do nothings like Jimon Moore, ESB, and Amari Rodgers.

so what years were you wanting GB to a WR higher than round 3?

IN the 2015 draft, GB had Nelson, Cobb and Adams all under contract for 3 years.   Would drafting a WR in 15 or 16 been the best move so that WR is 4th on the depth chart?

23 minutes ago, squire12 said:

so what years were you wanting GB to a WR higher than round 3?

IN the 2015 draft, GB had Nelson, Cobb and Adams all under contract for 3 years.   Would drafting a WR in 15 or 16 been the best move so that WR is 4th on the depth chart?

For me, the two times I thought we should have taken a WR was firstly in 2019, when DK Metcalf was available (I wasn't so hot on AJ Brown) and we went Elton Jenkins. The other time was 2020 when Tee Higgins was there and we took Jordan Love. I don't think you can knock Gute for taking who he did when he did. Especially if Love turns out to be a stud.

If we are playing the hindsight game though, taking AJ Brown or Metcalf instead of Savage would have been a pure masterstroke. 

• Like 1