Stalking Rodgers

Brit Pack

1 hour ago, Mr Anonymous said:

The funnest timeline is the one where Zach Wilson takes the leap, cements himself as the Jets franchise QB, and Rodgers comes back at full health expecting to play.

...and Rodgers gets his wish, immediately goes into playoff Rodgers mode, and the Jets are bounced in the opening round without scoring a TD.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

In a universe where Wilson actually does take the leap and looks like a legit QB for the Jets, what's the next move?  Any chance Rodgers would bow out gracefully?

That's a helluva question and one I pondered myself. If Rodgers busts his *** to rehab this thing and finds himself without a job, I'd imagine the chip on his shoulder only grows larger. Next logical step (in this scenario) would be to seek out another team presumably just a QB away from Super Bowl contention. In that event the Packers problem would have fully transformed itself into the Jets problem. As I said, this would by far be the funnest timeline.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

That's a helluva question and one I pondered myself. If Rodgers busts his *** to rehab this thing and finds himself without a job, I'd imagine the chip on his shoulder only grows larger. Next logical step (in this scenario) would be to seek out another team presumably just a QB away from Super Bowl contention. In that event the Packers problem would have fully transformed itself into the Jets problem. As I said, this would by far be the funnest timeline.

The best part is Rodgers to MIN would very much be a possibility.

• Like 2

I was a big Zach Wilson fan coming out of college. He's been terrible to say the least. In order for Rodgers to find himself without a job, Wilson is going to have to go through a metamorphosis over the next few weeks or they are going to be looking at Tim Boyle under center. 

I see the Kirk Cousins rumors that MN would dump him to the Jets. Honestly, what would the Jets be willing to give up for Cousins? 

11 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

I see the Kirk Cousins rumors that MN would dump him to the Jets. Honestly, what would the Jets be willing to give up for Cousins? 

I just don't see where any valuation of Cousins by another team would be high enough to have the trade make sense for MIN.  The trade deadline is Oct 31, so the season isn't even half over.  I seriously doubt MIN will be in full tank mode that early, and it's not like Cousins is going to bring a haul of picks.

5 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

I just don't see where any valuation of Cousins by another team would be high enough to have the trade make sense for MIN.  The trade deadline is Oct 31, so the season isn't even half over.  I seriously doubt MIN will be in full tank mode that early, and it's not like Cousins is going to bring a haul of picks.

They could be 2-6 at the trade deadline. Also, last year of Cousins deal so getting anything for him would be better than the 3rd they would get in 2025. 

4 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

I get the idea behind thinking it makes sense for MIN to bail on Cousins.  But I just can't see it happening in October for a relative bag of peanuts.

They're 0 - 2 having lost by a total of 9 points. Soon as they win some games...all that chatter will disappear till the off season. All it is now is fueled by "Do you really think you're going anywhere with him?" thinking. One thing's certain...pundits always gotta pundit about something. When they win a game or two....the pundits will move on..

• Like 1

A kind of interesting trade scenario for me would be the Jets trading Wilson for Cousins straight up.  I have no idea if that is a feasible trade from a cap standpoint, but if (1) the Jets are something like 4-4 with the defense carrying them to those wins, and (2) MIN is floundering with 1 or 2 wins, I could at least imagine both teams considering that deal.

5 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

A kind of interesting trade scenario for me would be the Jets trading Wilson for Cousins straight up.  I have no idea if that is a feasible trade from a cap standpoint, but if (1) the Jets are something like 4-4 with the defense carrying them to those wins, and (2) MIN is floundering with 1 or 2 wins, I could at least imagine both teams considering that deal.

A more comical scenario would be a straight-up Rodgers for Cousins trade, with Rodgers fully on board.