Giants fire HC McAdoo and GM Jerry Reese; Spagnuolo to be interim HC

bzane

12 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Why McDaniels? Is this not the same Josh McDaniel to got himself fired as the Broncos head coach? I'm kind of confused at why so many people from so many different fan bases are all about recycled head coaches.

Wonder if Pats fans were saying that back in 2000. Uggh.. Belichick.. really? The guy who got himself fired by the Browns...  ^_^

18 minutes ago, Shockey1979 said:

Wonder if Pats fans were saying that back in 2000. Uggh.. Belichick.. really? The guy who got himself fired by the Browns...  ^_^

Thing is, it's the Browns, plenty of coaches have gone from the Browns and had at least some level of success elsewhere.  The Broncos when McDaniels was there, were not a bad team imo.

But the point you're making is a fair one, my point was why not get "fresh blood" in there to rebuild this team.  

13 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

Also being named Manning.

I hate this argument. Archie Manning isn't in the HOF despite beinging universally regarded as a great QB who got stuck on  a bad team. Peyton will get in for being one of the top QB's of his era, having the record for MVP's and retiring with nearly every bulk stat record. Eli is very borderline. About as borderline as it gets. 

2 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

What is it about McDaniels that people want him to be their HC? Is it just Belichick?

He's been the OC of a great offense that was responsible for some of the greatest offensive seasons in NFL history on a team where the HC is more of a defensive guy and that team won championships based off the strength of that offense. Probably also one of the most innovative and constantly evolving offenses in the league. 

He was bad in Denver, but based off most reports he had a come to Jesus meeting with Belichick who basically told him he failed and would have to reevaluate how he did things, and he took that to heart and has changed supposedly. Also not for nothing, BB wasn't exactly batting a great track record as a HC. Until Brady became his QB he had 6 seasons where 5 of them were losing seasons. 

On ‎12‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 11:42 AM, Dolphinmeister said:

A coach that will bench Eli to start Geno to me just signed his own walking papers. Eli my be a small part of the offensive trouble but he is by no means the main factor, the guy did not forget how to play QB over one off season. Geno is junk, I could see if you had drafted a QB that my be the future you may give him a shot at this point but to bench Eli for Geno is a bone head move in my opinion.

It did not take a genius to see this coming, I wonder if the front office let this happen just so McAdoo could be fired without any real question as to why.

5 hours ago, JaxJags11 said:

Lmao. Congrats on breaking Mannings streak. Idiots.

You know honestly, the streak was overblown. Eli had a 0.0% chance of sniffing Favre's record. It was a nice little thing. And they gave Eli the option to keep it. It was a smart play by Eli, he gets to be the sympathetic figure and get his spot back for at least a little while without anyone questioning him anymore. 

4 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Why wait until after he benched Eli tho? Should have fired him after the announcement. 

Lol do you really think McAdoo made the final decision on benching Eli? It has Mara written all over it. Mara already told scouts to evaluate college QB talent. Mara wasn't going to let a coach he already was likely going to fire make a decision like that. 

21 minutes ago, lancerman said:

He's been the OC of a great offense that was responsible for some of the greatest offensive seasons in NFL history on a team where the HC is more of a defensive guy and that team won championships based off the strength of that offense. Probably also one of the most innovative and constantly evolving offenses in the league. 

He was bad in Denver, but based off most reports he had a come to Jesus meeting with Belichick who basically told him he failed and would have to reevaluate how he did things, and he took that to heart and has changed supposedly. Also not for nothing, BB wasn't exactly batting a great track record as a HC. Until Brady became his QB he had 6 seasons where 5 of them were losing seasons. 

How often do we hear Great Coordinators doesnt necessarily mean great HC. And you basically just said he’s been a great OC without giving reasons why he will be a successful HC.

5 minutes ago, lancerman said:

You know honestly, the streak was overblown. Eli had a 0.0% chance of sniffing Favre's record. It was a nice little thing. And they gave Eli the option to keep it. It was a smart play by Eli, he gets to be the sympathetic figure and get his spot back for at least a little while without anyone questioning him anymore. 

Lol do you really think McAdoo made the final decision on benching Eli? It has Mara written all over it. Mara already told scouts to evaluate college QB talent. Mara wasn't going to let a coach he already was likely going to fire make a decision like that. 

Then why is Eli starting this week then?

Just now, Kip Smithers said:

How often do we hear Great Coordinators doesnt necessarily mean great HC. And you basically just said he’s been a great OC without giving reasons why he will be a successful HC.

Bill Belichick, Bill Walsh, Sean Payton, Tom Coughlin. It doesn't mean anything but it's a track record in the NFL

4 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

Then why is Eli starting this week then?

The optics scared them and they probably already made a decision about the QB situation.

Edit also it saves face for Mara who can backpedal back to Eli while getting rid of McAdoo so he doesn't get the heat for it. 

There is no way in a hell a HC who was deemed on the chopping block enough to get fired the NEXT week was making any decisions about benching the franchise QB. 

45 minutes ago, lancerman said:

I hate this argument. Archie Manning isn't in the HOF despite beinging universally regarded as a great QB who got stuck on  a bad team. Peyton will get in for being one of the top QB's of his era, having the record for MVP's and retiring with nearly every bulk stat record. Eli is very borderline. About as borderline as it gets. 

I don't think the Manning namesake means as much as it did when Peyton was blowing the league away compared to when Archie was playing though. With all the media hoopla we have now which is always in your face compared to the mid 70's and early 80's when it was far more tame. Eli's borderline case I feel is going to be helped at least by playing in New York and also being connected to the Manning namesake. I mean I want to say that the HOF actually judges everyone simply by what they did on the field, but they don't. 

Archived