2023 Rookie Minicamp / OTAs / Training Camp

Leader

1 hour ago, Refugee said:

S Moore and OLB Garvin the only two that didn’t attend minicamp. Coach said 100% attendance minus a few who were excused for personal reasons.  Lot of youth in the building. Could mean we are young and dumb and it shows on game day, but we also should have a ton of energy and hopefully enough experience at key positions to channel this into a team that plays fast and hungry.  I watch every season like a kid with cake but I am excited about this one to see what the future might look like. 

Wonder what Garvin's deal is? He's missed a lot of the off-season stuff. 

22 hours ago, thrILL! said:

I might be nit-picking or crazy, but Toure seemed to be kinda wandering and a little slow and aimless in his steps while picking up the ball?  He was running eyes ahead, then at the 40 he slows down when he turns to locate the ball, and loses his speed.  Nice snag at the end, but might have been way easier if he'd kept the wheels turning the whole time?  The ability to stay fast while also tracking a ball isn't as easy as running a straight 40, that's for sure.  

17 minutes ago, craig said:

I might be nit-picking or crazy, but Toure seemed to be kinda wandering and a little slow and aimless in his steps while picking up the ball?  He was running eyes ahead, then at the 40 he slows down when he turns to locate the ball, and loses his speed.  Nice snag at the end, but might have been way easier if he'd kept the wheels turning the whole time?  The ability to stay fast while also tracking a ball isn't as easy as running a straight 40, that's for sure.  

Think it's partly just the angle this is at.  He's turning to find it over his inside shoulder but the ball is outside and high enough that he can't find it at first.  He finds it basically as it goes over his head, and at that point it's just a guessing game.  He does a really great job of staying on his line and getting his head as far back as it'll go to re-acquire it, but if you're finding it blind as it comes over the shoulder all you can really do is hope you can get your hands on it.  Sure if he had run it faster he would in theory been in a position to simply back-shoulder it, but it would also have been harder to find in the air (as it would be even further out of sight moving over his center line to his back shoulder) and he would have been trying to find it at full speed (meaning a higher likelihood of stumbling as he rotates his upper body).

15 hours ago, Leader said:

Chess Candidates Tournament (16 Jun - 7Jul)
F1 races in Canada, Austria and England
US Open Golf (L.A.Country Club) this weekend - British Open (at St.Andrews) from Jul 23rd.
The Ashes (5, five day cricket matches between England and Australia) starts tomorrow.

I guess I have other priorities than Andy Herman.............but football - yeah, pretty dead. Roll on August when we will have something to watch.

3 hours ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

US Open Golf (L.A.Country Club) this weekend - British Open (at St.Andrews) from Jul 23rd.
The Ashes (5, five day cricket matches between England and Australia) starts tomorrow.

I guess I have other priorities than Andy Herman.............but football - yeah, pretty dead. Roll on August when we will have something to watch.

No Tour de France?

19 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

i absolutely love Rashan Gary. He and Aaron Jones carry the G well

From Weeks 1-9 last season, the Packers ranked second in the NFL in percentage of pass-rush snaps resulting in a pressure. From Weeks 10-18, after Gary’s injury, they ranked 28th. 

A note from a Schneidman article this morning.  I think this reflects how influential Gary was. 

As we saw last year with Jenkins, a guy doesn't necessarily play at the level he did before his first week back.  So I wonder both if/when Gary will come back, and how good he'll be when he does. 

But man, what an important hinge he is for how this defense will swing.  Gary said he felt "good", but gave no indications of timeline.  But it sure would be fun if he was back 100% sooner.  

As Schneidman's note reflects, Pack had so little pass rush late last season.  Fun to dream if both Gary came back strong AND VanNess proved to be an impact pressure guy, the pass rush might improve pretty dramatically.  

• Like 1

On 6/15/2023 at 7:31 AM, OneTwoSixFive said:

June 22.  Janesville.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTN1Cpi3Qv90WSytjIrzgFhiSNgf3hExUMs2SyrEPnCtw&s=10

• Like 2

On 6/15/2023 at 7:31 AM, OneTwoSixFive said:

Tour de France starts....soon? Next week? 

18 hours ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

I'd forgotten that, it starts on July 1st. Bizarrely, given its name, it starts in Bilbao, Spain this year.

They've been doing that the past few years (having the first few stages in other countries) to change it up, there was a bit of a kerfuflle when the first 3 stages were in Israel.