2023 Rookie Minicamp / OTAs / Training Camp

Leader

So Family Night pissed me off.

Turned it on and watched 45 minutes of nothing.  And I mean it.  Literally nothing.

Then I turned it off to watch some programs.  I'm thankful of the few clips posted.

My only takeaways were....

• I'm never missing anything, or rushing home to watch Family Night ever again.
  • Should I choose to watch Family Night, it will be on DVR so I can skip through commercials and BS.
  • LeRoy Butler is still very fun to listen to.  Did I hear that he was on the Board of Directors for the Packers?
  • From looking at Love, physically, I'm not sure that you could genetically engineer a better QB specimen.  Height, weight, muscle mass....etc.
    • Let's hope the brain is there and the accuracy.
  • Wicks just looks the part of a very good NFL WR.
  • Reed looks really small in all areas that count.  Muscle, stature...etc.
    • Dude needs that 5-10 pounds of muscle that tends to happen after Year One.
  • Toure is noticeable bigger and really looks the part of a NFL WR.
  • Musgrave and Kraft really look the part as well.

2 hours ago, vegas492 said:

So Family Night pissed me off.

Turned it on and watched 45 minutes of nothing.  And I mean it.  Literally nothing.

Then I turned it off to watch some programs.  I'm thankful of the few clips posted.

My only takeaways were....

• I'm never missing anything, or rushing home to watch Family Night ever again.
  • Should I choose to watch Family Night, it will be on DVR so I can skip through commercials and BS.
  • LeRoy Butler is still very fun to listen to.  Did I hear that he was on the Board of Directors for the Packers?
  • From looking at Love, physically, I'm not sure that you could genetically engineer a better QB specimen.  Height, weight, muscle mass....etc.
    • Let's hope the brain is there and the accuracy.
  • Wicks just looks the part of a very good NFL WR.
  • Reed looks really small in all areas that count.  Muscle, stature...etc.
    • Dude needs that 5-10 pounds of muscle that tends to happen after Year One.
  • Toure is noticeable bigger and really looks the part of a NFL WR.
  • Musgrave and Kraft really look the part as well.

That's why I tape it and watch it the next day and scroll through the crap...especially the commercials.  Not to mention my biggest *****.....stop running all the commercials during the 11 on 11's.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

He looked ready last week watching him in the rehab group. Knew he had to be close. 

Huge step forward. Hope he’s truly healthy and ready for the long grind of the season. Coach says Stokes not there yet but encouraging to hear he’s been running hard in rehab. 

5 minutes ago, Refugee said:

Huge step forward. Hope he’s truly healthy and ready for the long grind of the season. Coach says Stokes not there yet but encouraging to hear he’s been running hard in rehab. 

Stokes looked good too. My official guess is that he'll come off PUP next week after the trip to Cincy. 

40 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Gary is an absolute freak. Pay the man. 

Despite the fact that he was so raw that he had to redshirt and then be a backup in his first two seasons....

Yes, pay the man.  He was quite good prior to the injury and turning the corner into very good.

And he has plenty of potential yet to be realized.

Make him a core piece to build around.

• Like 2

I'll say it right now. DO NOT let Gary play in any of the preseason games.

Also, one less EDGE making the roster now. Gary, Smith, Van Ness, Enagbare are locks. Hollins is probably very close to a lock given the contract. Do we keep six?

15 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

I'll say it right now. DO NOT let Gary play in any of the preseason games.

Also, one less EDGE making the roster now. Gary, Smith, Van Ness, Enagbare are locks. Hollins is probably very close to a lock given the contract. Do we keep six?

Yah gotta find a way to keep Cox.  Cox is where it is at.  He's just a great penetrator.

All kidding aside, though that was a lot of fun for me, I feel that with the versatility in Van Ness, yeah, you can sneak another EDGE into the group.  One just has to earn it.

Also?  Because of the versatility of Wooden and Brooks, you may not have to.

Cox is going to have to bring it hard to make it.  (Sorry, not sorry.)