🦅 2023 Eagles Schedule 🦅 ~ Released

Kiltman

1 hour ago, Broadway Joe said:
4 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Cowboys have a really tough stretch late in the year as well. Whole division has top 5ish hardest schedules.

I don't think theirs is anything as close to ours. 

I mean there is only 3 opponents different for both teams.

That would be the other 2 NFC divisions corresponding teams based on record and then the same thing for a respective AFC team for that new 17th game. For us this year that is the AFC West along with the NFC North and NFC South.

Dallas Cowboys:

AFC West - Chargers

NFC North - Lions

NFC South - Panthers

Philadelphia Eagles:

AFC West - Chiefs

NFC North - Vikings

NFC South - Buccaneers 

I know we have the toughest of any of the opponents with the Chiefs, but as for the other 2 I think I’d probably rather have our opponents. Maybe I’m wrong, but I’ve liked Bryce a lot since he was coming out of HS and I think the Panthers made some solid additions and brought in a very good coaching staff. I think Bryce and Frank could surprise some people a little even in their first season there. The Vikings just based on winning an absurd amount of 1 score games just seem like an easy regression candidate. I also don’t think they improved as much as the Lions did this offseason. I think Ben Johnson remaining with them instead of bolting for the first head coaching gig was huge for them. Minnesota hired Flores to replace their DC which is something for them that could help. I don’t know. I think they’ll be pretty close. Eagles do get the Vikings early on with a new defensive scheme and Cowboys are playing the Lions like week 17 which will be long after Jameson Williams suspension.

I can see it if you wanna argue Cowboys group of 3 teams isn’t as tough as the Eagles, but “anything as close to ours” is just an over exaggeration to me.

So we’ll almost definitely have joint practices with the Browns like last year, but this time in Philly.

We could have joint practices with Baltimore too. Last year it was Miami along with Cleveland. I think we haven’t done one with the last team we play in preseason, so Colts are out.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

14 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

That would be the other 2 NFC divisions corresponding teams based on record and then the same thing for a respective AFC team for that new 17th game. For us this year that is the AFC West along with the NFC North and NFC South.

Dallas Cowboys:

AFC West - Chargers

NFC North - Lions

NFC South - Panthers

Philadelphia Eagles:

AFC West - Chiefs

NFC North - Vikings

NFC South - Buccaneers 

I know we have the toughest of any of the opponents with the Chiefs, but as for the other 2 I think I’d probably rather have our opponents. Maybe I’m wrong, but I’ve liked Bryce a lot since he was coming out of HS and I think the Panthers made some solid additions and brought in a very good coaching staff. I think Bryce and Frank could surprise some people a little even in their first season there. The Vikings just based on winning an absurd amount of 1 score games just seem like an easy regression candidate. I also don’t think they improved as much as the Lions did this offseason. I think Ben Johnson remaining with them instead of bolting for the first head coaching gig was huge for them. Minnesota hired Flores to replace their DC which is something for them that could help. I don’t know. I think they’ll be pretty close. Eagles do get the Vikings early on with a new defensive scheme and Cowboys are playing the Lions like week 17 which will be long after Jameson Williams suspension.

I can see it if you wanna argue Cowboys group of 3 teams isn’t as tough as the Eagles, but “anything as close to ours” is just an over exaggeration to me.

Their tough stretch is 3 teams, while ours is like 5 or 6 playoff teams. Besides, the play us after a long rest following thanksgiving if I'm not mistaken.

24 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Dallas Cowboys:

AFC West - Chargers

NFC North - Lions

NFC South - Panthers

Philadelphia Eagles:

AFC West - Chiefs

NFC North - Vikings

NFC South - Buccaneers 

Totally agreed and I shared this same sentiment in the "Who will have a better record Eagles or Cowboys" thread. Would rather play Vikings and Bucs over Lions and Panthers. Chiefs are obviously tougher opponent than Chargers but both can definitely beat anybody. "Anything as close to ours" is just absurd to me. That's trying a little too hard to be pessimistic.

6 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

I'm not saying it isn't, but ours is much worse. Besides they have a mini bye before us if I got that right. 

I mean ours is probably tougher I get that but I wouldn't say much worse. Both hard schedules overall in the same tier imo.

I like our schedule.

5 nationally televised games minimum, and then probably another 2 or 3 that get televised in my area during the normal games (Rams game for sure if I don't go to it in person)

One of our "away" games is LAR, which is basically going to be another home game as far as crowd reaction goes.

We get Vikes, Dolphins, Bills, 49ers, and Seahawks at home.

Jets and Chiefs are the only 2 "tough" road games outside of our division.

The "meat" of our schedule occurs when all the new guys should be firing on all cylinders/gelling with the existing guys, and the easy part of our schedule happens right in the beginning- when we'll still be making all the new puzzle pieces work and figuring out Desai's scheme. 

Nobody can say we played a bunch of bums. It's not likely we get back to the SB based on history (even with easier opponents), but if we do- this team will have certainly earned it. I like that there are multiple teams you should feel good about beating instead of just feeling like "Well yea, we're supposed to beat teams that bad".

Edited by Jeezla

24 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I mean ours is probably tougher I get that but I wouldn't say much worse. Both hard schedules overall in the same tier imo.

Based on the way the season unfolds, I say the Eagles have the easiest schedule in the division.

Giants having 7 of the first 11 on the road makes theirs the hardest.

Washington having a road trip to Denver, then the Bills, Eagles, Bears in the first 6 weeks makes theirs the second hardest.

Dallas has a road trip to Arizona early, the Jets week 2, and the 9ers and Chargers on the road back to back weeks 5 and 6 makes theirs the 3rd hardest.

Eagles, have two easy road games weeks 1 and 3, a Vikings team week 2 who we smacked around last year, then WAS and LAR.  Should be 5-0 without breaking a sweat.  Miami being at home is good, hopefully the weather is factor, then get by Washington a second time, could set up to beat Dallas and go into the bye at 9-0.  

At that point, Dallas could easily be 4-4, Giants 3-6 and Washington 2-7.  We could have a huge lead coming out of the bye before the tough part of the schedule starts, and then it is one game at a time without the worry of division rivals being close.

It is odd that they like to give us the Giants 2 times in 3 weeks.

I love that no starters will be benched in the Dallas games for either team. Would have been lame to get them in the final week, but with the division already wrapped up and starters being rested for the playoffs.

Edited by Jeezla