🦅 2023 Eagles Schedule 🦅 ~ Released

Kiltman

1 hour ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I'm seeing the game against the Seahawks being penciled in mostly as a loss. I just can't see this team losing to Geno Smith. The roster is good but I just can't see Geno keeping pace with our offense and Geno continuing to be a great passer, especially downfield.

1 hour ago, ninjapirate said:

long road trip after a tough 4 game stretch against a competent team. Plus we always lose to the seahawks.

we always suck against Seattle. It's one of those teams that's just had our number. Especially when we go westward.

3 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Yeah it's really not THAT bad. I'll have to make my way back out there maybe this season. Maybe stay for a weekend and take Monday off.

We drove out to Pittsburgh for some famous hotdog and fries place many years ago. Spur of the moment thing. The ride wasn't that bad. The hotdogs and fries were terrible tho lol. 

Just now, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

We drove out to Pittsburgh for some famous hotdog and fries place many years ago. Spur of the moment thing. The ride wasn't that bad. The hotdogs and fries were terrible tho lol. 

Haha damn I wonder what the place was called.

22 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Crazy I just can't imagine 10am being the norm for me. London games are weird as hell since they're like 930am. I like 1pm kickoff because it gives me a chance to go to church, place a few bets and maybe get a workout in before kickoff.

I end up missing most of those early London games. We had two friends that are also big Eagles fans over for like a brunch & watch for that Jags game, and my gf had to splash me with cold water finally to get me up. Sat down right after kickoff, I was out of it most of the first half.

10 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

I can't recall but it was on a corner near some university I believe. It was like plastic and super soggy fries. Still ate it after that drive and was starving but wasn't happy 😂

Damn sorry about that crappy experience lol. If you're ever back please try a Primanti Bros sandwich. It's Pittsburgh's finest creation lol

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

I end up missing most of those early London games. We had two friends that are also big Eagles fans over for like a brunch & watch for that Jags game, and my gf had to splash me with cold water finally to get me up. Sat down right after kickoff, I was out of it most of the first half.

Lol yeah it's kinda cool putting on a pot of coffee and sitting and watching football but I wouldn't want that every Sunday. I like watching some of the pre game shows too, ITB has a good pregame show on YouTube too. Westcoasters really can't set the hype up before kickoff like we can.

• Like 1

Excluding Dallas and KC, which game are you looking forward to the most?

I want to see our WR's vs Sauce, and even though I don't personally dislike Aaron Rodgers, I loved seeing our defense smash an all-time great this past season. Breece Hall vs our run D is a nice test too. Hope he's fully recovered from his injury last year, because he was looking like he was going to run away with OROY honors before it happened, and I'll be targeting him in fantasy. Garrett Wilson probably ready to step into that "stud WR" tier after a very good rookie season, so also a nice test for our secondary. Just a lot of nice match-ups all around, but our DL has a big advantage over their OL on paper. Kelce vs Quinnen also a nice battle within the war to keep on an eye on during the game. Really looking forward to this matchup and hope both teams are at full health when it goes down.

Edited by Jeezla

52 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Excluding Dallas and KC, which game are you looking forward to the most?

I want to see our WR's vs Sauce, and even though I don't personally dislike Aaron Rodgers, I loved seeing our defense smash an all-time great this past season. Breece Hall vs our run D is a nice test too. Hope he's fully recovered from his injury last year, because he was looking like he was going to run away with OROY honors before it happened, and I'll be targeting him in fantasy. Garrett Wilson probably ready to step into that "stud WR" tier after a very good rookie season, so also a nice test for our secondary. Just a lot of nice match-ups all around, but our DL has a big advantage over their OL on paper. Kelce vs Quinnen also a nice battle within the war to keep on an eye on during the game. Really looking forward to this matchup and hope both teams are at full health when it goes down.

A good call, first time that game has had much spice in a long time.

Dolphins game is up there too. Could be one of the most fun games of the year for viewers.

2023-Prep-and-Rest-Variables.jpg

Here is the graphic from Sharp's article in the Twitter link above.

States the Eagles are 30th in 2023 Prep/Rest and last year they were 28th. No other team in the bottom 6 for this year ranked lower than 15th.

Philly over 2011-2022 ranks 31st in Prep/Rest with only the Giants being worse at 32.

Meanwhile.... the Dallas Cowboys are 7th in 2023 Prep/Rest and were 6th last year and 5th for 2011 to 2022. 

Washington is 2nd this year, but they were 27th last year and only 21st from 2011 to 2022.

Part of the problem with this is the Thanksgiving game always giving Dallas a competitive scheduling advantage.

Lurie tried beating this drum back in 2019, but couldn't get enough support and I guess he just let the idea go.

3 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

2023-Prep-and-Rest-Variables.jpg

Here is the graphic from Sharp's article in the Twitter link above.

States the Eagles are 30th in 2023 Prep/Rest and last year they were 28th. No other team in the bottom 6 for this year ranked lower than 15th.

Philly over 2011-2022 ranks 31st in Prep/Rest with only the Giants being worse at 32.

Meanwhile.... the Dallas Cowboys are 7th in 2023 Prep/Rest and were 6th last year and 5th for 2011 to 2022. 

Washington is 2nd this year, but they were 27th last year and only 21st from 2011 to 2022.

Part of the problem with this is the Thanksgiving game always giving Dallas a competitive scheduling advantage.

Lurie tried beating this drum back in 2019, but couldn't get enough support and I guess he just let the idea go.

All this and dak still sucks