NFL international games 2023

Trentwannabe

Honestly what they really ought to do at this point is make everyone's "17th" out-of-conference game an international game. Removes the uneven number of home/away games between the conferences & ensures everyone is at more or less an even playing field in respect to traveling. Oh, and make sure they're scheduled as much as possible to ensure that there's no short weeks before or after (preferably adjacent to the teams' bye).

• Like 1

Its less than 5 miles from Azteca Stadium to Olimpico Uni Stadium. Which still holds more than Frankfurts Stadium.

Population of Frankfurt is about 1 mil. Population of Mexico City is greater than NYC.

Whole lot of anger building towards the NFL from SOTB right now.

Edited by PARROTHEAD

6 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

I was thinking about that too. I know Bills fans on twitter are upset about the Jags not having to travel and already having a fan base down there, but I wonder what kind of facilities they'll have etc. like you said.

I bet the Bills have a home game the week before and will go to London on Monday or Tuesday. Perhaps they will even have a TNF game the week before. 

So, I do not think it will be a huge advantage to the Jags, and both teams will need good facilities. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Its less than 5 miles from Azteca Stadium to Olimpico Uni Stadium. Which still holds more than Frankfurts Stadium.

Population of Frankfurt is about 1 mil. Population of Mexico City is greater than NYC.

Whole lot of anger building towards the NFL from SOTB right now.

The playing surface at estadio azteca has been a big issue for the NFL. It was dog crap last year for the 49ers cards MNF game. They had to cancel that KC-LAR game a couple of years ago for the same reason. 

I am sure the NFL wants to avoid that from happening again. Moving stadiums is not the solution you think it is. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Yeah, some of those look tasty! 

Feeling pretty old realizing that the Colts/Pats game is the least desirable on that list. Doesn't seem THAT long ago that was the marquee match up of the regular season but I guess it was

• Like 1

MIA-KC should have been on Xmas to mark the anniversary of the longest ever NFL game.

As well, the NFL should in 2024 start staging games in Melbourne, Sydney, and Tokyo. These games would be Saturday 11:30 PM ET kickoffs on NFL Network and heavily marketed to night owls.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, pf9 said:

MIA-KC should have been on Xmas to mark the anniversary of the longest ever NFL game.

As well, the NFL should in 2024 start staging games in Melbourne, Sydney, and Tokyo. These games would be Saturday 11:30 PM ET kickoffs on NFL Network and heavily marketed to night owls.

Yeah I'm sure the Jet Lag, Flights and difference in Tme Zones wouldn't effect the players at all. 👌

However this is absolutely where the NFL is headed in the next 5-10 years and no doubt part of the next CBA.

Edited by Nabbs4u

18 hours ago, N4L said:

I bet the Bills have a home game the week before and will go to London on Monday or Tuesday. Perhaps they will even have a TNF game the week before. 

So, I do not think it will be a huge advantage to the Jags, and both teams will need good facilities. 

There's also a small contingent of Bills fans clamoring the only reason they lost in the playoffs was Josh Allen's GF dumping him the night before.  It's just the nature of fandom.

19 hours ago, N4L said:

I don't agree with those fans. Despite Buffalo having to be the team to travel that week, I wouldn't want to be in a hotel in another country for two straight weeks. That's advantage Bills IMO.

58 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

There's also a small contingent of Bills fans clamoring the only reason they lost in the playoffs was Josh Allen's GF dumping him the night before.  It's just the nature of fandom.

lol do you mean like the one crazy conspiracy theorist tweet that didn't come from a Bills fan? Because while I'm sure there are people who believe that, saying it's a small contingent of Bills fans does seem rather ignorant. 

1 hour ago, Trentwannabe said:

lol do you mean like the one crazy conspiracy theorist tweet that didn't come from a Bills fan? Because while I'm sure there are people who believe that, saying it's a small contingent of Bills fans does seem rather ignorant. 

Exactly that.  But I didn't know the poster wasn't a Bills fan.  Either way a small contingent of any fan base would jump on that excuse train if presented the opportunity.

Edited by INbengalfan
sticky fingers...eating and typing

23 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

Exactly that.  But I didn't know the poster wasn't a Bills fan.  Either way a small contingent of any fan base would jump on that excuse train if presented the opportunity.

Fair. I think the excuses I've seen the most from both Bills fans and national media is that the Bills hit an emotional wall and just had nothing left to give.

I don't necessarily buy into that because the Bengals were just clearly the better team that day (and looked to be during the regular season game as well). But I would also like to think the Bills can put up a better fight then what they showed in the divisional round. 

As for the London game, I still see it as advantage Bills even if it is a neutral sight possibly leaning Jags "home crowd".

• Like 1

2 hours ago, INbengalfan said:

It was because they had lost to Kirk Cousins earlier in the year. Every NFL team not named the Vikings should root for him to suffer a career-ending injury in preseason so that he can never ruin anyone's Super Bowl dreams again.

21 hours ago, N4L said:

The playing surface at estadio azteca has been a big issue for the NFL. It was dog crap last year for the 49ers cards MNF game. They had to cancel that KC-LAR game a couple of years ago for the same reason. 

I am sure the NFL wants to avoid that from happening again. Moving stadiums is not the solution you think it is. 

How is it not the solution? Under 5 miles? Same hotels and everything.

Seems like its all based on who rear the NFL wants to kiss. The owner of Club America is a media giant. Uni Stadium is just a random Unis Stadium. People get screwed cause the NFL is to busy politician.