Raider Team Activity Talk (Minicamps, OTAs, Training Camp)

RaidersAreOne

16 hours ago, raidr4life said:

Good thing they said he should be ready by TC

Someone else said by the start of season… your saving by start of TC

if it’s start of TC I’d retract my statements about how we should have renegotiated terms with him.  That’s not a big deal.

Just now, Humble_Beast said:

I think we get off to a slow start…. Jimmy gets hurt then we go full tank more. We then trade off Tae, Jacobs, Renfrow at this trade deadline and then tank… 

Maybe get a

1st for Tae 

2nd for Jacobs 

4th for Renfrow- feed him targets the first few weeks 

22 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

if we found out there was an issue… why didn’t we pull the offer and tell him we’ll give him a lesser deal?  The guys hurt and needs surgury and let’s be honest who else was offering him a starters job and the pay that comes with it?  Sometimes you gotta take advantage of changing circumstances and renegotiate.

We just ended up giving him more guaranteed money lmao 

7 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

Start off fresh next year 

new QB

new Coach 

new GM 

It very well could be.  There is nothing that JM or DZ has done this offseason to inspire confidene.  I fully expect a 4ish win season and for Jimmy G to be a disappointment. 

If this team wins 4ish games do you see any way that JM survives?  I don't see how that could be possible.  He has gotten his QB, is building the roster his way and had two full off seasons to yield a result that points to a bright future.  

What I see is a team with a well below average in terms of talent and lacks stability.  We have a RB who is not happy, an aging stud WR, a bottom tier Oline and a bottom three D that plays in arguably the toughest division in the NFL.  Josh better get inspire these guys to play above their skill level... At this point his career depends on it.

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

24 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

It very well could be.  There is nothing that JM or DZ has done this offseason to inspire confidene.  I fully expect a 4ish win season and for Jimmy G to be a disappointment. 

If this team wins 4ish games do you see any way that JM survives?  I don't see how that could be possible.  He has gotten his QB, is building the roster his way and had two full off seasons to yield a result that points to a bright future.  

What I see is a team with a well below average in terms of talent and lacks stability.  We have a RB who is not happy, an aging stud WR, a bottom tier Oline and a bottom three D that plays in arguably the toughest division in the NFL.  Josh better get inspire these guys to play above their skill level... At this point his career depends on it.

When you compare our off-season to the rest of the NFL, we easily had a bottom 5 off-season. Even the Texans made the better moves. 

2 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

I see us winning 10 games. Dynamic offense with middle of the road defense that forces TOs and gets sacks. We would be In position to insert young QB similar to what  SF had plan with Jimmy G in 2024

I’m sorry buck, but your love for the guys that cut carr has clouded your judgement. All I will say further is that’s a VERY LOFTY AND OPTIMISTIC projection. Hope you’re right....because I live and die S & B! But it’s not what I believe in my S&B heart, I’ve been waaaay more optimistic tho and disappointed so maybe the world is flat after all.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

I see us winning 10 games. Dynamic offense with middle of the road defense that forces TOs and gets sacks. We would be In position to insert young QB similar to what  SF had plan with Jimmy G in 2024

Optimistic man

• Like 2

3 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

Love the optimism, it’s a breath of fresh air (though I disagree and think you’re bit loco haha). 

• Like 1

On 5/26/2023 at 6:14 PM, Humble_Beast said:

When you compare our off-season to the rest of the NFL, we easily had a bottom 5 off-season. Even the Texans made the better moves. 

Losing Carr and receiving nothing more than a 6M cap hit and trading Waller for a 3rd will do that.  Renfrow is most likely on the way out and who knows if or when Jacobs will suit up.  

There is nothing really inspiring about this offseason other than the potential of Wilson and Mayer. All of the FA signings this offseason are average to below average players.  Certainly nothing that moves the needle.  

The biggest issues with this team is the D and Jimmy G.  The D will once again be amongst the worst in the NFL in getting after the QB. No interior pass rush will hurt and not having that interior push will negatively affect our secondary that is littered with below average talent. 

Edited by Frankie2Gunz
  • Like 1