Raider Team Activity Talk (Minicamps, OTAs, Training Camp)

RaidersAreOne

41 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Josh Jacobs week 1 

Yea he’s now not gonna miss game checks which would will give money back to the franchise 

Best he stays out of TC and not get injured. Plug and play him week 1. Jacobs still getting paid as a top RB in 2023 compared to the rest of the league. Eckler is getting 6 million this season

I would of preferred a deal worked out for 3 seasons but it is what it is. 

NFLPA is to blame on this

Edited by bucksavage1

2 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Yea he’s now not gonna miss game checks which would will give money back to the franchise 

Best he stays out of TC and not get injured. Plug and play him week 1. Jacobs still getting paid as a top RB in 2023 compared to the rest of the league. Eckler is getting 6 million this season

I would of preferred a deal worked out for 3 seasons but it is what it is. 

NFLPA is to blame on this

Why do you think the NFLPA is to blame for the Jacobs situation?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Why do you think the NFLPA is to blame for the Jacobs situation?

The NFLPA were more concerned with player safety and retired player benefits instead making sure positions didn’t get devalued in salary in the CBA.

They saw this issue coming with RBs and chose not to do anything. 

Id personally like to see running backs not count against the salary cap or not have to wait 3 years for an extension 

Adding: the franchise tag has been an outdated function in roster building 

Edited by bucksavage1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, bucksavage1 said:

The NFLPA were more concerned with player safety and retired player benefits instead making sure positions didn’t get devalued in salary in the CBA.

Id personally like to see running backs not count against the salary cap or not have to wait 3 years for an extension 

I don’t think you could have RBs not count against the salary cap.  Does Deebo count as a RB?  Cordell Patterson?   Lamar Jackson?  It’s far too much of a slippery slope.  

Edited by jimkelly02

5 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

It’s a bit sad the way the position has been devalued from the days of Barry Sanders and Bo Jackson, Marcus Allen, Roger Craig, Emmitt Smith, Eric Dickerson. They were fulcrums of the offence but with the way the passing game has been catered to with QBs heavily protected and DBs nullified a lot then I guess that was always likely to happen. I’m not fond of the pass happy current NFL really but it’s hard to imagine a way that RBs will be highly valued again.

I think maybe they should have a single player limit of something like 10% of the cap to even things out and spread the wealth but i can’t really envision how you create that value again unless you move back to run heavy offences. With every change there usually an unintended consequence.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Raiders Rookie report today. Hondo said that Wilson is expected to be ready but the Raiders will be taking a cautious approach and move him along slowly throughout TC

No reason to rush him. Hope he’s read for 20 or so snaps for week 1 then go from there. 

• Like 3

On 7/18/2023 at 6:22 PM, agarcia34 said:

They drafted Zeus for a reason. Excited to see what the young guy has. 

Looking forward to seeing the young man in pre season, I think he’s going to be a good back in our system. 

• Like 1