Raider Team Activity Talk (Minicamps, OTAs, Training Camp)

RaidersAreOne

On 7/24/2023 at 8:58 AM, raidr4life said:

@Frankie2Gunz

Said!

"Fans can bash the move all they want but those fans have been missing the big picture regarding Carr for years.  They're fuming because Ziegler and JM view Carr the same way that I do.  Do you know how I know this? They just locked him up to an extension which includes a no trade clause that guarantees he will be in Vegas at least until he is 35. Some people are not only clueless and are continuously proven wrong, they also refuse to admit they are wrong, which I find comical.  

It has been quite obvious to anyone with a trained eye that Carr is a top 10 NFL QB who has been held back by terrible coaching/GM's, one of the worst D's in the NFL and atrocious weapons on O.  What is so obvious to some is blind to others.  All of this is quite clear to our new GM and HC combo but there are pages and pages of average fans on here who have been wanting to move on from Carr for years.  I knew he would never be traded as I also know what his value is around NFL circles.  That value was reinforced today with his new deal. 

I am just happy our new HC/GM combo knows what they are doing.  They have proven it but assembling our best roster in 20 years with one offseason and by locking up Carr who is a heck of a QB"

What's comical is you and your meaningless rants.

In theory extending Carr was the right move however there were a few things I could have never predicted.  The first being JM's inability to be consistent with his play calling, particularly in the second half of games.  I could have never imagined that Carrs 2nd half QBR would plummet 20 points from a 94 average over his last three years to a career low 74 under the "young and bright play caller" know as JM, especially considering Carr was playing with a legit #1 WR for the first time in his career..  Without question this was, on paper, the best O that Carr has ever played with and the results were less than stellar.  

Secondly I could have never imagined the utter incompetence by JM and DZ when it came to asset management.  Who in their right mid would have guessed JM and DZ would have extended Carr, who was an asset that they turned into a liability by paying him more money when it was not necessary, included a NTC and less than a year later cut him for nothing and incur a 6M cap hit.  No one in their right mind would have ever thought it was possible that a highly paid HC/GM combo could be so incompetent.  The level of incompetence shown here is mind boggling that I don't think you or anyone can condone.  

I still believe that Carr is in the 12ish range of QB's and this upcoming season will tell us a lot.  He is now playing with a very well rounded roster that has a solid Oline, D and good depth.  JM has his lovechild in Jimmy G so there will be no excuses here either.  Jimmy G "wins games" so if this seasons win total is in the 4ish range like I predict that is on JM as he has now had two full off seasons to assemble his roster.  A 4ish win season and he will be unemployed, never sniffing an NFL HC gig ever again and rightfully so.  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Nice to FINALLY have a dog at QB. Jimmy is a leader and a winner. He won't cry and throw everyone under the bus when things get tough like DC. 

To be frank, I couldn’t care less about being a ‘dog’ or ‘talking sh@t’.

Can we just have a QB who is competent, good on 3rd down and in the red zone and stays on the field please?

Anything else is just nonsense IMO.

• Like 7

5 hours ago, Darbsk said:

To be frank, I couldn’t care less about being a ‘dog’ or ‘talking sh@t’.

Can we just have a QB who is competent, good on 3rd down and in the red zone and stays on the field please?

Anything else is just nonsense IMO.

Meh it’s just the first practice lol I did like how Jimmy said he was throwing with Adams over the summer 

11 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

In theory extending Carr was the right move however there were a few things I could have never predicted.  The first being JM's inability to be consistent with his play calling, particularly in the second half of games.  I could have never imagined that Carrs 2nd half QBR would plummet 20 points from a 94 average over his last three years to a career low 74 under the "young and bright play caller" know as JM, especially considering Carr was playing with a legit #1 WR for the first time in his career..  Without question this was, on paper, the best O that Carr has ever played with and the results were less than stellar.  

Secondly I could have never imagined the utter incompetence by JM and DZ when it came to asset management.  Who in their right mid would have guessed JM and DZ would have extended Carr, who was an asset that they turned into a liability by paying him more money when it was not necessary, included a NTC and less than a year later cut him for nothing and incur a 6M cap hit.  No one in their right mind would have ever thought it was possible that a highly paid HC/GM combo could be so incompetent.  The level of incompetence shown here is mind boggling that I don't think you or anyone can condone.  

I still believe that Carr is in the 12ish range of QB's and this upcoming season will tell us a lot.  He is now playing with a very well rounded roster that has a solid Oline, D and good depth.  JM has his lovechild in Jimmy G so there will be no excuses here either.  Jimmy G "wins games" so if this seasons win total is in the 4ish range like I predict that is on JM as he has now had two full off seasons to assemble his roster.  A 4ish win season and he will be unemployed, never sniffing an NFL HC gig ever again and rightfully so.  

Josh is coming off as arrogant and that’s never a good thing.

2 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

Josh is coming off as arrogant and that’s never a good thing.

I agree.  Arrogance is rarely a good thing unless you have the track record to back it up.  BB comes off as arrogant but with so many rings as a HC he can do it.

An arrogant HC with a career losing record doesn't sit well with most players. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Vegas odds to win the AFC West:

KC -165

LA +340

Denver +550

LV +1200

It looks like Vegas has little faith in this squad.  Thoughts?

Denver’s odds should be 1550

My heart says worth speculating $100 but my head says that’s just throwing $100 away 😁

Edited by Darbsk

5 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Great to hear, you know I was messing around right??

The video posted previously showed the QBs taking a shotgun snap and throwing to a stationary receiver, Garoppolo and O’Connel hit their guys whilst Hoyer threw way above his head so it was just a joke based on that, nothing more.

I actually like Hoyer, think he’ll make a great coach one day 😉

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Vegas odds to win the AFC West:

KC -165

LA +340

Denver +550

LV +1200

It looks like Vegas has little faith in this squad.  Thoughts?

I feel exactly the same.  I think we are about to get the stuffing beat out of us.  

The level of optimism in this forum and not being a part of the happy wagon is a weird perspective to have.  But here I am, reading posts from others about how we are going to be competitive and should be a wild card team and how the additions will somehow provide us with a middle of the pack defense and we have all the weapons to score points with ease because even though Carr sucked, we somehow still ranked in the top 16 in most offensive categories last season so we should definitely take a step into the top 10 in PPG.  

I don't even know what to say.  Our first-round pick is still dealing with his injury, I think we have another draft pick that is dealing with some issues.  Jimmy G has only played one full season his entire career. Jacobs is unhappy and for whatever reason we have fans on this forum that think Zamir White is somehow going to just keep our rush game afloat after it was 16th last season WITH the leading rusher in the NFL.

Our LB corps is crap.  Our DBs have very little to be excited about.  We still don't have a respectable player at the DT position.  With Jacobs not at practice right now I think our rushing game is going to suffer.  Even if he comes back I don't expect him to do as well as he did this past season.  From what I saw from Zamir White I don't think he's going to be a great RB.  He has no vision and I don't know if you can teach that.  He also struggles to break tackles from what I saw his rookie season.  He's only decent in open space.

Our defense has been bottom 5 for 20 years (other than maybe 1-2 years).  I don't expect that to change until it actually changes.  So yeah, I expect us to have a losing season this year.  No matter how badly I want us to be good, I just don't see it happening.

I think this season is going to be a wake up call to a lot of fans that the 49ers and Patriots didn't win because of Jimmy G, but in spite of him.  His W-L record is about to go to crap.

21 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Nice to FINALLY have a dog at QB. Jimmy is a leader and a winner. He won't cry and throw everyone under the bus when things get tough like DC. 

Maxx Crosby's quote sounds like some PR stuff to me "and I'm not just saying that because he's my quarterback" lol

Edited by Jeremy408