Raider Team Activity Talk (Minicamps, OTAs, Training Camp)

RaidersAreOne

47 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

Because he was hurt for (I think )6-8 games that year.

You don't trade your first round pick for three years straight to draft a quarterback because your Super Bowl quarterback missed 6 to 8 games the year before. And that's just looking at it objectively

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Devilshark69 said:

The trey lance hype train was rollin at 200 mph!! β€œ He gonna be the next mahomie!!” Prolly played a big part....just a casual theory....πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ‘πŸ»

It's scary to think how much better the 49ers would be with all the ammo they traded for Lance. It's insane given they're already one of the most talented teams.Β 

8 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Maybe his backups like Nick Mullens and Tray Lance were just bad? Brock Purdy seemed to do quite well in comparison?

To be honest, I don’t know how we managed to sign Garoppolo……He’s a β€˜winner’ and a β€˜dog’ and a β€˜sh&t talker’ and β€˜the real deal’ and beloved by all his team mates……..how the heck did we manage to beat off all those other desperate teams who were clamouring to sign this hero?

The bar is being set quite high here I fear………….

We have a 5 game sample size with Purdy against an extremely soft schedule. We also have a 55 game sample size of Jimmy G consistently winning games. I'll go with the 4 season sample over a 1/3 season sample all day everyday.Β 

I mean no one was in a rush to sign Tom Brady and then he proceeded to instantly turn it around for the Buccaneers who were very comparable to us while putting up MVP level numbers. Teams miss on dudes all of the time.Β 

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

We have a 5 game sample size with Purdy against an extremely soft schedule. We also have a 55 game sample size of Jimmy G consistently winning games. I'll go with the 4 season sample over a 1/3 season sample all day everyday.Β 

I mean no one was in a rush to sign Tom Brady and then he proceeded to instantly turn it around for the Buccaneers who were very comparable to us while putting up MVP level numbers. Teams miss on dudes all of the time.Β 

Those points are fair. I guess the proof will be in the pudding.

Its going to be fascinating for sure.

23 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

You don't trade your first round pick for three years straight to draft a quarterback because your Super Bowl quarterback missed 6 to 8 games the year before. And that's just looking at it objectively

Every year, he never played a whole season

Edited by Bitty 2.0

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Mayer is the forgotten man, he’s going to be a beast. Assuming JJ shows up soon our offense could be pretty damn lethal. Especially if the young dudes like Zeus, Mayer, and Turner play well.

Been saying this day one why JJ ain't got a leg to stand on he can't argue the offense doesn't have help. And people screaming the entire team sucks, it does not, the offense can be top 10, yes the defense is still very questionable.

Edited by raidr4life

6 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Jimmy G has the 7th best win % in NFL history (min 50 games) so I don't think it's flukey.Β 

It clearly is very unrepresentative as he’s nowhere near the 7th best QB in the league, let alone in NFL history. You do realise that win percentage is a team statistic not an individual statistic? You have to extrapolate how big a part did he play in that winning record or was he just good enough to not spoil things.Β 

This argument is not convincing in the least bit to me sorry. You might want to change tact if you are trying to change my mind on something.Β 

• Like 3