Jordan Love Appreciation Thread

vegas492

632/5. Jordan needs 632 yards and 5 TDs to get to 4K yards passing and 30 TDs this year. 

I want this and good health for the team going forward. We are not a playoff team. We need some coaching changes and the young guys to grow another season together. Next year, we should be a tough team to beat. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Old Guy said:

632/5. Jordan needs 632 yards and 5 TDs to get to 4K yards passing and 30 TDs this year. 

I want this and good health for the team going forward. We are not a playoff team. We need some coaching changes and the young guys to grow another season together. Next year, we should be a tough team to beat. 

Agree with most of this.  We could be a playoff team this year if ... Defense would be just average, D coordinator had a clue, play calling was a little more effective and special teams not penalized so much.  Coaching changes are definitely needed and just not Barry ... some assistants aren't getting it done either.  Also, if somebody would have told me Love would have 4000 yards and 30 tds with what he had with his young weapons .. handstands and cake for everybody. 

Edited by coachbuns

Interesting article in USA Today sports section regarding NFL Quarter Back Ratings so far this year.  Jordan Love's QBR is 57.9 which puts him 13th out of the starting NFL QB's.  Not to bad for him considering his 1st real year of playing .. having the youngest WR's and TE's in the league, injured starting RB for part of the year and a head coach who often times has one scratching their head what the heck play are you calling.  Love has had his struggles for sure but the ratings and what he's shown throughout the year certainly has the needle pointing up.   

2 hours ago, coachbuns said:

Interesting article in USA Today sports section regarding NFL Quarter Back Ratings so far this year.  Jordan Love's QBR is 57.9 which puts him 13th out of the starting NFL QB's.  Not to bad for him considering his 1st real year of playing .. having the youngest WR's and TE's in the league, injured starting RB for part of the year and a head coach who often times has one scratching their head what the heck play are you calling.  Love has had his struggles for sure but the ratings and what he's shown throughout the year certainly has the needle pointing up.   

Next year will be really interesting for Love.  He could soar in the rankings if he can clean up his mechanics quite a bit between now and then.  The young talent around him will be another year seasoned, and the chemistry should be improved.  Opposing defenses will have a better idea of how to stop him, but I think his chances of improving his game for sure.  Mentally I think he is going to be just fine .. mechanics is the key to him improving ball accuracy.

1 hour ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Next year will be really interesting for Love.  He could soar in the rankings if he can clean up his mechanics quite a bit between now and then.  The young talent around him will be another year seasoned, and the chemistry should be improved.  Opposing defenses will have a better idea of how to stop him, but I think his chances of improving his game for sure.  Mentally I think he is going to be just fine .. mechanics is the key to him improving ball accuracy.

Could just be me, but....if he wants to go next level, the kid needs more muscle in the lower body and quicker feet.

He needs to jump a lot of rope and catch chickens in the coop.  He's gotta eat lighting and crap thunder!

Mickey Goldmill Mick GIF - Mickey Goldmill Mick Rocky ...

12 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

2022 Aaron Rodgers stats.

350 of 542 (64.6%) for 3695 yards.  26 TD.  12 INT.  32 sacks.

2023 Jordan Love stats, year to date (3 games remaining)

304 of 486 (62.6%) for 3368 yards.  25 TD.  11 INT.  28 sacks.

Aaron was a 16-game season for the record. They are remarkably similar.