Jordan Love Appreciation Thread

vegas492

5 minutes ago, FAH1223 said:

So far, JLove looks the part. I’m not worried about him. 

I don’t think he does. It’s fun to watch him since he’s poised and plays the offense, but it’s a really good offense. Really good scheme.

If he gets the next monster QB contract, it’ll be the end of the LaFleurr/Gute era because I don’t think he’s going to be that next level QB.

His completion percentage and YPA are both scary low. In both games.

He only looks good right now because our offense has looked pretty good.

Definitely capable of winning a Super Bowl depending on how much he’s paid, but…

• Like 1

Two games in he’s the NFL leader in passer rating and tied for TDs. I agree that the completion % is worrisome. I also think that very few if any QBs would perform better than he’s performing with his current cast. Am I totally convinced he’s the guy? Not yet. Am I encouraged? Yes. 

Looking forward to seeing him against a defense that we are certain is good. 

Edited by Isherwood
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Isherwood said:

Looking forward to seeing him against a defense that we are certain is good. 

Looking forward to seeing him against a good defense when he has had a dozen or so starts under his belt too. This was only his 3rd NFL start. All 3 have been on the road as well.

• Like 4

Won’t show in his stats but the two PI’s were a huge chunk of yards. The first one was on the money and the ball to doubs was catchable.

also thought he dropped a beauty right into Wicks bread basket in the corner of the end zone but fell incomplete.

looked pretty incredible for a few series, until the 4th quarter. Last week, the offense would fall behind schedule and he’d bail them out on third and long. Not so much this week. 

Looking forward to seeing what happens when we get some dudes back on offense!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MacReady said:

I don’t think he does. It’s fun to watch him since he’s poised and plays the offense, but it’s a really good offense. Really good scheme.

If he gets the next monster QB contract, it’ll be the end of the LaFleurr/Gute era because I don’t think he’s going to be that next level QB.

Definitely capable of winning a Super Bowl depending on how much he’s paid, but…

What I mean by looks the part is that he's poised, competent, and isn't rattled. How good he can be is anyone's guess but he's a shown that at baseline going forward he can be a solid starter... so far.

This could all go to hell. Saints have historically had good defenses last few years so it'll be interesting to see how he reacts to that with gimpy Watson, Jones, Bakhtiari 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MacReady said:

What did you expect from him after 2 games as the full time starter?  If you look at other good starting QBs right now like Burrow, Hurts or Josh Allen they didn't set the league on fire their first season starting.  Hell, Rodgers went 6-10 in 2008.  I think your expectations for him are unrealistic when you consider the kids he is throwing to and the overall youth of this team.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Pugger said:

What did you expect from him after 2 games as the full time starter?  If you look at other good starting QBs right now like Burrow, Hurts or Josh Allen they didn't set the league on fire their first season starting.  Hell, Rodgers went 6-10 in 2008.  I think your expectations for him are unrealistic when you consider the kids he is throwing to and the overall youth of this team.

I think he just wants to avoid giving another QB a mega contract based on how it has historically handicapped the team.

• Like 1

https://x.com/AndyHermanNFL/status/1703668983545593921?s=20

This man trusts the system, that is big time right there.

My only concern left with Love is his deep ball stinks way too much. In 2021 and 2022 it was way too flat, so now he's adjusted the other way too much. He's also a star pupil in the Aaron Rodgers school of overthrows. Honestly would rather see him just toss it up like the DPI to Doubs.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sgtcheezwiz said:

I think he just wants to avoid giving another QB a mega contract based on how it has historically handicapped the team.

Pugger doesn't understand this type of thing and takes any criticism of quarterbacks personally.

But yes. We can't go down that road again. In any given year, there are 16-20 quarterbacks capable of winning the Super Bowl.

The makeup of their team, their coaching staff and a dash of luck determine this along the way.

How much the quarterback makes effects the most important factor, which is the makeup of their team.

Rodgers, Allen, Tua, Garroppolo, Mahomes, Herbert, Wilson, Jackson, Watson, Burrow, Lawrence, Tannehill, Prescott, Hurts, Purdy, Stafford, Smith, Love, Goff, Cousins, Carr.

That's 21 quarterbacks who have shown the ability to have great stretches of 4-5 games. That's all you need to be able to win a Super Bowl.

So the majority of quarterbacks each year in today's NFL are capable. You start putting handicaps on them because such and such wasn't playing, well, then... They're just going to take themselves off that list by how much the fans have dictated they're worth.

That list only grows each year. There were a couple borderline players I left, but even Mayfield would be capable on the right team and in the right circumstance.

But once they get paid... Tannehill took himself off the list. Wilson took himself off. They keep taking themselves off the list once they get that contract.

The only player since the salaray cap started to prove he's capable of winning one while getting piad what he's worth has been Mahomes.

One. That's it. That's all. And he did it without anybody. No other QB can do that, so stop handicapping your QB. If they want to get paid, they better get used to playing without such and such.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

https://x.com/AndyHermanNFL/status/1703668983545593921?s=20

This man trusts the system, that is big time right there.

My only concern left with Love is his deep ball stinks way too much. In 2021 and 2022 it was way too flat, so now he's adjusted the other way too much. He's also a star pupil in the Aaron Rodgers school of overthrows. Honestly would rather see him just toss it up like the DPI to Doubs.

Funny enough, the DPI to Doubs happened because Love was hit, causing the ball to be underthrown. I agree, not enough QBs have mastered the art of throwing the ball short when the DB is turned towards the WR. On the last drive, the corner route to Doubs was there (which Love badly overthrew) and it would have been an auto-PI on Flowers had it been thrown short. 

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

Funny enough, the DPI to Doubs happened because Love was hit, causing the ball to be underthrown. I agree, not enough QBs have mastered the art of throwing the ball short when the DB is turned towards the WR. On the last drive, the corner route to Doubs was there (which Love badly overthrew) and it would have been an auto-PI on Flowers had it been thrown short. 

The short throw works until the DB gets turned around, then it's an easy pick.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MacReady said:

Pugger doesn't understand this type of thing and takes any criticism of quarterbacks personally.

But yes. We can't go down that road again. In any given year, there are 16-20 quarterbacks capable of winning the Super Bowl.

The makeup of their team, their coaching staff and a dash of luck determine this along the way.

How much the quarterback makes effects the most important factor, which is the makeup of their team.

Rodgers, Allen, Tua, Garroppolo, Mahomes, Herbert, Wilson, Jackson, Watson, Burrow, Lawrence, Tannehill, Prescott, Hurts, Purdy, Stafford, Smith, Love, Goff, Cousins, Carr.

That's 21 quarterbacks who have shown the ability to have great stretches of 4-5 games. That's all you need to be able to win a Super Bowl.

So the majority of quarterbacks each year in today's NFL are capable. You start putting handicaps on them because such and such wasn't playing, well, then... They're just going to take themselves off that list by how much the fans have dictated they're worth.

That list only grows each year. There were a couple borderline players I left, but even Mayfield would be capable on the right team and in the right circumstance.

But once they get paid... Tannehill took himself off the list. Wilson took himself off. They keep taking themselves off the list once they get that contract.

The only player since the salaray cap started to prove he's capable of winning one while getting piad what he's worth has been Mahomes.

One. That's it. That's all. And he did it without anybody. No other QB can do that, so stop handicapping your QB. If they want to get paid, they better get used to playing without such and such.

Give me a freaking break.  I have no clue where you got that idea.  If Love bombs so be it.  Then we go in another direction.  All I was getting at is you were blasting his play when he is just getting started.  Yes, big contracts handicap teams but unfortunately this is what the market will bear for a good QB seeing they are so few and far between.  If you want to criticize these contracts I suggest you direct your ire at management and not the player.  No player is gonna turn down these ridiculous contracts.