Jordan Love Appreciation Thread

vegas492

27 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

Didn't Mahomes just win with 17.16 against the cap?

He did just break everything, but I don’t remember the number. Either way, I doubt that happens again for another 30 years.

There will always be those second/third/fourth year quarterbacks who happen to have a stacked defense who will just overpower and outplay the market value quarterbacks, even the Mahomes types.

2 hours ago, Mdpackfan22 said:

Let's say Love leads us to the playoffs this year and throws 35+ TDs, what kind of contract does he demand and where's our line in the sand? I wouldn't be comfortable giving him over 40/yr, would aim more for 35m/yr

Just follow the Rodgers model.  Give Love more, make it reasonable, throw some incentives there with a handshake to do more when his performance exceeds the contract.

We've done it before, shouldn't be an issue this time, either.

32 minutes ago, MacReady said:

He did just break everything, but I don’t remember the number. Either way, I doubt that happens again for another 30 years.

There will always be those second/third/fourth year quarterbacks who happen to have a stacked defense who will just overpower and outplay the market value quarterbacks, even the Mahomes types.

well, except for the rams the year before with stafford/goff right?

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, MacReady said:

Quarterback 2023 Salaries Breakdown | Spotrac

Four quarterbacks over 11% of cap this year. Mahommy is one of them and he won while being over 12% last year. 

Goff, Tannehill and Prescott are the others. 

1. Pretty easy to pay a quarterback and keep them under 12%. 

2. Don't pay middle of the road guys top dollar. 

5 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

No it won't. It will be structured like Mahomes' and we'll have plenty of cap space for years. This is how the NFL works now.

so many fail to fully understand the contracts and cap hits of large QB contracts.  they see the average per year and equate that to the % of the cap when the structure can be manipulated and there are several years on that "BIG" contract that the QB is still making a small % of the cap to field a strong team.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, skibrett15 said:

well, except for the rams the year before with stafford/goff right?

Literally doesn’t count. They literally broke their future and knew it. They won’t compete for another Super Bowl for ten years.

So yeah. If you want to risk ten years of incompetence on the extremely low chance of winning a Super Bowl, that works too.

7 hours ago, MacReady said:

Literally doesn’t count. They literally broke their future and knew it. They won’t compete for another Super Bowl for ten years.

So yeah. If you want to risk ten years of incompetence on the extremely low chance of winning a Super Bowl, that works too.

It doesn't take more than 3 years to turn a franchise around from anything, really. Not 10. It can kill you for 2 years though. Probably 3. Then it all depends on if your new QB is any good - but that's true for everyone 

• Like 2