Jordan Love Appreciation Thread

vegas492

Instead of a block option, I wish there was a filter option to get most of what some posters put out but filter out their dead horse floggings. 

Not Love’s best showing but there is still some good to build on. 69 was not part of next year’s plan but I wish we had our line intact to keep Love clean while he grows this year. Some of those sacks on him but line and run game didn’t do him many favors. Head to Vegas in 11 nights, kick some *** and go into the bye to do some soul searching. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

Welcome to the rest of the year.  Load the box, make Love throw and prove he can hit the broad side of a barn.    This OL isn't helping at all in any phase of the offense.

It would help if MLF actually called for a run and used his best back before we are down by 3 TDs...

6 minutes ago, Pugger said:

It would help if MLF actually called for a run and used his best back before we are down by 3 TDs...

The running game is a joke.  If its 3rd and 2, which of your OL are you running behind?  Who is the guy you know will drive the DL back?  

There isn't one.  4 games and 217 rushing yards says a lot.

Edited by NFLGURU

10 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Aaron Rodgers
2-2 record
91.4 QB Rating, 78-126 (61.9%), 961 yards, 6 TD, 3 INT
19 carries, 78 yards, 2 TD
9 sacks taken

Jordan Love
2-2 record
87.97 QB Rating, 74-132 (56.1%), 901 yards, 8 TD, 3 INT
16 carries, 72 yards, 2 TD
8 sacks taken

That is scarily similar. Spooky season begins early 

3 minutes ago, Pugger said:

It's hard to run against 8 men in the box. Love may be getting R/P options, and is correctly choosing P because the box is loaded. Unfortunately, he's given medium to deep routes that his line isn't good enough to block for. I'm not a coach, but it seems to me you beat that by going play action with lots of quick short passes. If you can hit 2 out of three 5-6 yard passes, you can move the chains, and force them to drop the LBs into coverage. Then the running game opens up.

• Like 1

Divide me by 3.7 when we’re losing or our defense is sucking.

Love’s problems are indicative of terrible play calling. He went from 1/7 for 9 yards with an interception to a lot better.

He doesn’t have it for LaFleur, doesn’t have it for a top QB contract, but he is a franchise QB who can be a lot of fun for fans who aren’t Super Bowl or nothing.

For Super Bowl or nothing fans such as myself, signing Love to a franchise QB deal is a death knell denoting 5 disappointing ends to fun regular seasons.

I'm evaluating Love and the offense this year by dividing the season into thirds.  The first third of the season I'm looking at it as the baseline for him and the offense.  What does he do well and what does he need to work on.  Same for the overall offense. Then in the second third I'm hoping to see some progress on what needs to be improved and maybe also see how the offense changes to take advantage of what he and the offense does well.  Then in the last third, hopefully these improvements continue and we see it translate into success in terms of wins. Hopefully at the end of this year, we can say Love can be the guy and we just need to keep building and start stacking success.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

It's hard to run against 8 men in the box. Love may be getting R/P options, and is correctly choosing P because the box is loaded. Unfortunately, he's given medium to deep routes that his line isn't good enough to block for. I'm not a coach, but it seems to me you beat that by going play action with lots of quick short passes. If you can hit 2 out of three 5-6 yard passes, you can move the chains, and force them to drop the LBs into coverage. Then the running game opens up.

This^.  The defense is also playing up, jumping short routes.  Love has to prove he can consistently hit those midroutes.  Lots of catches with guys being covered and very little YAC.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

Agreed and that’s what many of us were looking for last night.  So why didn’t we?  Was this MLF trying to outwit them?  They load the box and attack and expect us to try short passes and so we don’t?   That sounds like the kind of psychological warfare that gets you killed lol. 

6 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

This^.  The defense is also playing up, jumping short routes.  Love has to prove he can consistently hit those midroutes.  Lots of catches with guys being covered and very little YAC.  

Fair enough.  The long developing pass plays when your OL is getting annihilated have got to go when this is the case. Gotta find the medium here. 

• Like 2