Jordan Love Appreciation Thread

vegas492

To add/clarify:

The question of accuracy is a distinction between us he putting the ball in the spot he wants to (I believe yes he is) vs is he accurately predicting where that spot should be (where I think the issue is). Problem one is a more serious issue because it's more talent. Problem 2 can easily get better with time and communication.

• Like 4

Can someone with access to the all 22 comment on the back end of the defensive scheme that the Lions were using to start the game?

Watching the TV feed made me think they locked up the receivers and Love didn’t have anywhere to go with the ball.

I view the Detroit game as not very informative about Love.  The OL was losing a lot of its matchups, and the receivers may not have been winning early on as well.

• Like 1

On 9/30/2023 at 7:31 AM, StatKing said:

Im not far off, if his play continues trending in this direction then we need to see if Clifford can play before the draft. I was expecting to see a guy who could complete atleast 60% of his passes and doesn't miss wide open WRs by a mile every single game.

We have to pay this guy soon, does he play like a guy worth 45+ million a year? We could be staring down a potential nightmare scenario here real soon.

Isn't he under contract next year for cheap too? Plenty of time to evaluate. Not that we should pass up a shot at a top QB if we have one but it's early. I DESPISED the Love pick but he hasn't shown enough either way for anyone to truthfully be confident for their side, and like others have said, it's been four games. He's got plenty of issues, but he's also showed a lot of resilience in 3/4 games and had many impressive throws as well.

23 hours ago, LLcheesehead12 said:

Also anyone knocking Love about accuracy should watch Anthony Richardson.

Saw him sky a ball 5 feet over a wide open Pittman's head just a bit ago.  Way worse than Love

they can both be inaccurate to different degrees.  Difference is that Love is an above average athlete for the position, while Richardson is the best athlete of all time at the position.

On 10/2/2023 at 12:28 PM, skibrett15 said:

they can both be inaccurate to different degrees.  Difference is that Love is an above average athlete for the position, while Richardson is the best athlete of all time at the position.

I'd say Love is accurate but imprecise.  Where Richardson is just inaccurate. Both can drop absolute seeds but I don't see Love having the WTF misses Richardson does.. 

1 minute ago, HighCalebR said:

I'd say Love is accurate but imprecise.  Where Richardson is just inaccurate. Both can drop absolute seeds but I don't see Love having the WTF misses Richardson does.. 

Accurate but imprecise.....interesting :)

23 minutes ago, Leader said:

Accurate but imprecise.....interesting :)

More often than not he's hitting his target, his guys getting a shot at it; but maybe he'd like that thing to be a little more outside.. or a little bit more upfield, just take a little off it. 

I think Love is antagonizingly close to being really good. Work to be done!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HighCalebR said:

More often than not he's hitting his target, his guys getting a shot at it; but maybe he'd like that thing to be a little more outside.. or a little bit more upfield, just take a little off it. 

I think Love is antagonizingly close to being really good. Work to be done!

I like this take. I also think it goes in tandem with a much more complex offense (in relation to the Colts) where receivers possibly are on slightly different pages given experience and continuity. Ron Wolfe always said draft offense because they grow together - that kind of thing. It's the difference between someone slightly curling their post off instead of taking it more straight upfield a lot of times. 

Edited by oldmansmell

On 10/1/2023 at 2:00 PM, LLcheesehead12 said:

Also anyone knocking Love about accuracy should watch Anthony Richardson.

Saw him sky a ball 5 feet over a wide open Pittman's head just a bit ago.  Way worse than Love

This is some top tier hating. 

AR15, a rookie known to be raw versus a 4th year player.

Yet he has a higher completion rating than Love.