Jordan Love Appreciation Thread

vegas492

On 10/13/2023 at 6:18 PM, Donzo said:

Yep- spot on.

Interesting how everything bad use to be the QBs fault with the group think. Awful OL play, terrible defenses, disastrous special teams play and bad receivers caused a lot of tough losses. But- all that was Rodgers' fault. Now, with the worst QB in the league since week two of the season, nothing is the QBs fault.

Too funny!

Ignoring that this is made up nonsense, do you understand that even if everything in this post was accurate and this was people's exact opinions, you'd still be wrong?

Rodgers was a 4x MVP with 14 years of experience as the starter being paid 14% of the cap. Jordan Love has 6 career starts and is being paid 2% of the cap. Expecting Aaron to carry a team isn't even a choice; it's the simple reality of a player taking up roughly 1/7 of the resources available to the team. Rodgers doesn't get to fail due to the rest of the team because Rodgers specifically chose that path for himself repeatedly. Either he's good enough to be able to carry the team despite the monetary handicap his contract represents, or he's hurting the team more than he helps it. Love is not the best player on the team which is why he's not being paid like it. Expecting less from him than we did from Rodgers is called "duh", and it's the farthest thing from a gotcha I can possibly imagine.

Edited by MrBobGray
  • Like 12

16 hours ago, MrBobGray said:

Ignoring that this is made up nonsense, do you understand that even if everything in this post was accurate and this was people's exact opinions, you'd still be wrong?

Rodgers was a 4x MVP with 14 years of experience as the starter being paid 14% of the cap. Jordan Love has 6 career starts and is being paid 2% of the cap. Expecting Aaron to carry a team isn't even a choice; it's the simple reality of a player taking up roughly 1/7 of the resources available to the team. Rodgers doesn't get to fail due to the rest of the team because Rodgers specifically chose that path for himself repeatedly. Either he's good enough to be able to carry the team despite the monetary handicap his contract represents, or he's hurting the team more than he helps it. Love is not the best player on the team which is why he's not being paid like it. Expecting less from him than we did from Rodgers is called "duh", and it's the farthest thing from a gotcha I can possibly imagine.

That's a posting equivalent of a father telling you that they are very disappointed in you.  Not angry.  Disappointed.

• Like 1

I told you. It was that second game where it was just clear he’s not it.

I know I’m arrogant on here and not always serious, but I’m serious on this. I usually have an uncanny, not based on knowledge knack for knowing whether or not a QB is it. Almost never wrong there. Not based on skill or knowledge or anything but a hunch.

Love is a backup. A high tier backup.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, MacReady said:

I know I’m arrogant on here and not always serious, but I’m serious on this. I usually have an uncanny, not based on knowledge knack for knowing whether or not a QB is it. Almost never wrong there. Not based on skill or knowledge or anything but a hunch.

I'm trending this way too. I have been very fair to Love and want him to be the guy, but his lack of mental prowess and execution is scary bad at this point. Now, he has a mental midget as a head coach and the worst group of skill players in the league (probably by far), but Love is getting worse as the season goes on which is a major red flag for me.  

• Like 1

This is all going according to my plan FYI.

Get rid of Rodgers.

Let Love suck enough to not get a normal QB deal while developing our receivers.

Take high second round pick at QB while Love is in contract year.

Get a look at a second round QB on the roster with a new coaching staff and one year for Love to show if he has what it takes.

If the 2nd rounder is good and Love sucks, let Love get us a comp pick.

If the 2nd rounder is good and Love is great, trade Love for another first.

If both suck, take a QB in the first.

If Love is great and the second rounder sucks, trade Love for a high first round pick and get a QB for four virtually free years.

4 hours ago, MacReady said:

Jordan Love and AJ Dillon.

Almost any other decisions and Brady would have one less ring and Rodgers would have one more.

And now we have nothing good to show for those two consecutive blunders.

Don't forget we took Degaura in that draft too. Gute blew a super bowl window because he wanted to look like the smartest guy in the room. Only 11 more games and we can finally close this thread up.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MacReady said:

Agree. This isn't anything new to me.  He has a lot of things I like but if you can't throw the ball accurately after 3 training camps, it likely isn't coming.  Let him finish out the year and look for a QB in the draft.  Love can be a serviceable QB in time, but you don't win consistently with QBs like him.  Today, you need a guy who can carry a franchise. He's not it.  The Packers aren't really in a position to do anything about it now, just gotta play it out and hope for improvement until they can make a decision.

Edited by NFLGURU