Jordan Love Appreciation Thread

vegas492

It's trending in the wrong direction with each passing game, which isn't what you want to see. He also hasn't been set up for much success with all the issues this offense has. The thing that was supposed to be a strength to help ease him in was the OL play but even that's trending downward. I think most reasonable fans expected inconsistency with the WR/TE group considering how young and inexperienced they are as a whole. Mistakes are gonna be made there. Lafleur seems to have gone full turtle with the conservative playcalling that too often just puts this team into too many 3rd and longs, which again, is setting your young QB up to fail

First couple weeks I was encouraged by Love's play. He was making smart decisions within the offense. The main issue was, of course, the accuracy, which you hope would improve with more games and more reps under his belt. That is not happening, and now the decision making is also deteriorating. 11 games left in the season to evaluate him and whether the FO is content going into next year with him as QB1 unquestioned.

Edited by deltarich87
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Zycho32 said:

Shades of '93.

That’s like calling a cat a tiger because they’re both feline.

1993 had a little bit different rules for defenses. Love would be on pace for 57 interceptions and 15 touchdowns if he was playing in 1993.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MacReady said:

That’s like calling a cat a tiger because they’re both feline.

1993 had a little bit different rules for defenses. Love would be on pace for 57 interceptions and 15 touchdowns if he was playing in 1993.

Not true.

He'd be in a full body cast by now and on pace for a return in 2025.

28 minutes ago, Leader said:

Today's comments...

Agree, the Packers need to find a QB.  Let Love play it out, but you cant have a QB with accuracy issues after 3 training camps.  I wouldn't draft a QB just to draft a QB, but if there's somebody you like, make the move to get him.

3 hours ago, Zycho32 said:

Shades of '93.

Of the current QBs who struggled and then took off, probably more like 2018 and/or 2019 Josh Allen. I don't think Hurts ever looked as bad as early Allen. Lawrence also struggled early, but Urban Meyer is likely the worst HC in NFL history.

14 minutes ago, Striker said:

Of the current QBs who struggled and then took off, probably more like 2018 and/or 2019 Josh Allen. I don't think Hurts ever looked as bad as early Allen. Lawrence also struggled early, but Urban Meyer is likely the worst HC in NFL history.

This is why not both Love and LaFleur can come back next year.

You either fire LaFleur and get a new offensive minded coach to see if Love has it or not or you get rid of Love.

6 minutes ago, MacReady said:

This is why not both Love and LaFleur can come back next year.

You either fire LaFleur and get a new offensive minded coach to see if Love has it or not or you get rid of Love.

Both will be back next year.  The question will be who is Love competing with for the starting job.

37 minutes ago, Striker said:

Cowherd is up there with Skip Bayless and Michael Rodney when it comes to people we don't need feedback from.

It's just another opinion. I will say...he seems to have taken Jordan under his wing.....and not in a good way. Love gets a lot of airtime from him...for some reason.

Regardless. It's just another opinion and has no effect or bearing on how Love plays. I remain hopeful.

As I said to many during the off season...primarily to those who were chastising us for having two consecutive HOF QBs (as if is was our fault or something): We dont expect (or need even) for Love to be HOF level....we just need him to be good enough to win us games. Again....I remain hopeful.

He needs coaching. I think the arm talent is there. He needs coaching...or refinement at this stage.

Edited by Leader