Jordan Love Appreciation Thread

vegas492

1 minute ago, {Family Ghost} said:

That's why I keep saying we need an Alpha WR.  It's not like they grow on trees, but we kind of had one of those and traded him way.  I get that Adams age was definitely a factor, but I don't think there has been much decline in his abilities.  The Packers had an offer on the table, but they chose Rodgers over him at the end of the day.  He'd be Love's go-to guy right now, and Watson and Doubs would look really good as a #2 & #3 with the hopes that they would ascend by the time Adams was tailing off.  I think the whole thing was a major miscalculation and should have Gute on the hot seat. 

Adams wanted out for a number of reasons. This angle on things - that the Packers screwed it up somehow - needs to die.

49 minutes ago, Mox said:

I was never high on Jordan Love, hell I wrote an entire article about how much I hated the pick, but even I think you talk about it way too much and with too much spite. I want Jordan Love to be good. I don't think you do.

It doesn't help that Gute saddled him with a too youthful cast of players this season.  Love has really been give the shaft during his time in GB.  Should have been starting last year, and playing behind some linemen that we selected with the picks we didn't get from Denver for Rodgers.  Should have Adams as his #1.  Love might suck regardless, but he's got a case when it comes to suing for non-support.

Edited by {Family Ghost}

1 minute ago, Leader said:

Adams wanted out for a number of reasons. This angle on things - that the Packers screwed it up somehow - needs to die.

You can let it die if you want, but I think the Packers mishandled the entire thing.  At the end of the day they couldn't afford him because they gave Rodgers a stupid contract.  They didn't have the dough to franchise tag him.  It never made one lick of sense to keep Rodgers and not Davante Adams.  We got a worthless 8-9 season out of that, while Rodgers was saddled with rookie wideouts.  

1 minute ago, {Family Ghost} said:

You can let it die if you want, but I think the Packers mishandled the entire thing.  At the end of the day they couldn't afford him because they gave Rodgers a stupid contract.  They didn't have the dough to franchise tag him.  It never made one lick of sense to keep Rodgers and not Davante Adams.  We got a worthless 8-9 season out of that, while Rodgers was saddled with rookie wideouts.  

They could afford Adams, because they offered him the same deal he got. Adams wanted to go to LV, for a million reasons that he's already stated. Most notably, to raise his daughter much closer to his family. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

Few more of these posts and I'm going to start confusing you with RT. 

It's warranted, not trading Rodgers in 2022 set us back a decade? One of the dumbest things I've read on here. It set us back one year, this year, and you could argue poor coaching and bad injury luck have cost us far more this year than Rodgers dead cap. 

Reviving the dead Adams trade, when guy wanted to go to LV for a litany of reasons, a forum special. 

We'll win two games in a row and suddenly the same bi-polar group will be full of nothing but praise lol. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

.....you could argue poor coaching and bad injury luck have cost us far more this year than Rodgers dead cap.

Agree 100%....which increases the level of frustration at how things are playing out.

My "calming" mantra: Hope for the best....hope for the best...hope for the best......

:)

14 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Adams was gone no matter how much money we had. Franchise tagging him would have been a bad idea, when he wanted out.

10 minutes ago, Eternal said:

Adams was gone no matter how much money we had. Franchise tagging him would have been a bad idea, when he wanted out.

But we did franchise tag him, which was the right thing to do and led to us being able to trade him and get nice compensation for a guy who wasn't going to sign here anyway.

Had we not franchised him, he walks and we get a comp pick, which would have not been the same compensation as we received via the tag and trade scenario that we went through.

If you want to revive this thing, the issue with the Adams deal was that we did not cave in to his contract demands the year before his deal was going to end.  That was when we could have gotten him re-signed and locked up.  But, we had to figure out the Rodgers thing and just didn't get that done, so it led to what happened.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

But we did franchise tag him, which was the right thing to do and led to us being able to trade him and get nice compensation for a guy who wasn't going to sign here anyway.

Had we not franchised him, he walks and we get a comp pick, which would have not been the same compensation as we received via the tag and trade scenario that we went through.

If you want to revive this thing, the issue with the Adams deal was that we did not cave in to his contract demands the year before his deal was going to end.  That was when we could have gotten him re-signed and locked up.  But, we had to figure out the Rodgers thing and just didn't get that done, so it led to what happened.  

I think it's fair to say we lost Adams because of the Rodgers situation.  Maybe he did want to go to LV, but that seemed to transpire after the Packers initially failed to get a deal done with him the previous season.  I think it's fair to say that the Packers brass has mishandled some pretty major stuff the past few years.  

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

It's warranted, not trading Rodgers in 2022 set us back a decade? One of the dumbest things I've read on here. It set us back one year, this year, and you could argue poor coaching and bad injury luck have cost us far more this year than Rodgers dead cap. 

Reviving the dead Adams trade, when guy wanted to go to LV for a litany of reasons, a forum special. 

We'll win two games in a row and suddenly the same bi-polar group will be full of nothing but praise lol. 

Agree that Adams wanted out of GB for more than one reason.  Also agree that poor coaching overall, not having the same assistant coaches as last year has hurt and again .. bad injury luck.  Just hoping Gute looks at ALL avenues in constructing this team which should have a bucko amount of salary cap and nice draft picks in the future.

We need to stop this notion that Love sucks because his receivers are young.

He has the worst open target miss rate in the NFL at 11% missed open targets. For context, Max Jones is under 5% missing open targets.

This shows that, even when those young targets ARE open, he’s still missing them.

He’s bad. He has the ability to make those nifty, awe-inspiring plays like the pass to Doubs that Doubs dropped and Reed caught. That was a beautiful play that got its deserved TD.

But he doesn’t have any normal skill.

He’s bad at things bad quarterbacks are good at, but good at things bad quarterbacks are also bad at. He’s still bad.

57.5% at 6.5 YPA through six games with his toughest opponents coming up.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MacReady said:

We need to stop this notion that Love sucks because his receivers are young.

He has the worst open target miss rate in the NFL at 11% missed open targets. For context, Max Jones is under 5% missing open targets.

This shows that, even when those young targets ARE open, he’s still missing them.

He’s bad. He has the ability to make those nifty, awe-inspiring plays like the pass to Doubs that Doubs dropped and Reed caught. That was a beautiful play that got its deserved TD.

But he doesn’t have any normal skill.

He’s bad at things bad quarterbacks are good at, but good at things bad quarterbacks are also bad at. He’s still bad.

57.5% at 6.5 YPA through six games with his toughest opponents coming up.

I think the youth is definitely a part of the problem, but yeah, I'm not sure what kind of a ceiling Jordan Love actually has.  I wish we knew the answers already in regards to he and LaFleur, but we held on to #12 too long.  There have been lots of Qb's who struggled out of the gate, and then proceeded to get better and better.  Seven career starts isn't enough to make the call on Jordan Love.