Jordan Love Appreciation Thread

vegas492

Love shines when he's not trying to emulate Rodgers (read the opposing defense until there's 1 second left on the play-clock).  It feels like he's over-thinking stuff.  I see nice tempo with Love (particularly in the second half when GB is playing catch-up), when he's playing up-tempo.  I'm pretty dang certain Love has the instincts to play this "game", and I put quotes around "game" because instinctually, that's what got him to this point in his career.  Get to the line, get a quick glance at the defense, snap the ball, and confidently play the game that he's been great at most of his life.  

I'd also like to see MLF get Love rolling out of the pocket more as a play-design.   

• Like 2

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

I wasn't clear on "why" I would play Clifford.

It's because of MLF.  This year is as much about evaluating Love as it is MLF.  If Clifford trots out there and looks better, then we know it's the QB.  If he looks similar to Love, then we know it could have something to do with the coach(ing).

That's why I'd want to see Clifford.  To help with an MLF evaluation.

Obviously you evaluation a coach on more than just QB play, but it would be another way of evaluating if we are doing the right things for the future.

The only way Clifford gets in there is due to injury.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, packfanfb said:

I honestly believe MLF goes home at night, pulls out a picture and 12 and 17 and says, "man, I had it good." Not even trying to use hyperbole here...I think the guy is lost. 

Hes not lost, he's got a QB who can't throw accurately past 10 yards.  A OL that can't run block.  You gotta throw short stuff and screens and every DC in the NFL knows it.  Play up for the run and dare Love to complete passes to win.  Game over.

The Denver defense that gave up 70 points to Miami, shut out the Packers in the first half.  Think about that.

Edited by NFLGURU

29 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

Hes not lost, he's got a QB who can't throw accurately past 10 yards.  A OL that can't run block.  You gotta throw short stuff and screens and every DC in the NFL knows it.  Play up for the run and dare Love to complete passes to win.  Game over.

The Denver defense that gave up 70 points to Miami, shut out the Packers in the first half.  Think about that.

Same defense that just held the Chiefs to 9 points, right?  Mahomes was under the weather, but still.....randomness is as randomness does.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, vegas492 said:

I wasn't clear on "why" I would play Clifford.

It's because of MLF.  This year is as much about evaluating Love as it is MLF.  If Clifford trots out there and looks better, then we know it's the QB.  If he looks similar to Love, then we know it could have something to do with the coach(ing).

That's why I'd want to see Clifford.  To help with an MLF evaluation.

Obviously you evaluation a coach on more than just QB play, but it would be another way of evaluating if we are doing the right things for the future.

I can kind of get with this, but it'd depend on a number of things.

1. Which teams does Clifford beat?  If he were to surprise way out by knocking off the Lions on Thanksgiving, beating the Chiefs here, or even beating a few slight below competitors like the Steelers, Chargers, Bucs or Vikings in their house, then I'd buy into him.

To be clear, I don't mean he'd have to win all of those, but I'd want him to win at least 2 to prove a random win against the Chiefs or Bucs wasn't just some fluke.   Beating a team like the Rams, Giants, Panthers or Bears wouldn't prove he was better than Love, or at least not consistently.

2. I just don't see Clifford getting in at all after this next week.  Call me crazy but I actually do think we will beat the Rams this Sunday.  They are bad too, and McVay has a knack for making his old pal LaFleur look good and he just might want to mess up our tank to go get Harrison Jr for his team.

Bad as things are, they could still get worse, and I suspect we'd have to score a total of about 3 points in the span of 2 or three weeks before Love gets pulled for Clifford.

3.  I think LaFleur is just a boob of a HC and Clifford stinking along with Love wouldn't have to be needed to prove that.  Only way you ultimately do is by canning him and seeing another HC turn Love into a star.

Edited by LLcheesehead12

11 hours ago, LLcheesehead12 said:

I can kind of get with this, but it'd depend on a number of things.

1. Which teams does Clifford beat?  If he were to surprise way out by knocking off the Lions on Thanksgiving, beating the Chiefs here, or even beating a few slight below competitors like the Steelers, Chargers, Bucs or Vikings in their house, then I'd buy into him.

To be clear, I don't mean he'd have to win all of those, but I'd want him to win at least 2 to prove a random win against the Chiefs or Bucs wasn't just some fluke.   Beating a team like the Rams, Giants, Panthers or Bears wouldn't prove he was better than Love, or at least not consistently.

2. I just don't see Clifford getting in at all after this next week.  Call me crazy but I actually do think we will beat the Rams this Sunday.  They are bad too, and McVay has a knack for making his old pal LaFleur look good and he just might want to mess up our tank to go get Harrison Jr for his team.

Bad as things are, they could still get worse, and I suspect we'd have to score a total of about 3 points in the span of 2 or three weeks before Love gets pulled for Clifford.

3.  I think LaFleur is just a boob of a HC and Clifford stinking along with Love wouldn't have to be needed to prove that.  Only way you ultimately do is by canning him and seeing another HC turn Love into a star.

To me, it isn't about the wins, it is about how the offense looks with a different QB under center.

It is a way to evaluate both Love and MLF.

That's why I'd do consider doing it.  60 yards through the air in the first halves of games isn't getting it done.  We can see that multiple things are wrong, but a a good QB under center covers up a lot of warts.  Course, I don't feel like Clifford is a good QB, but that is why you give him a game or two, just to see.

Also?  There are plenty of ways to evaluate both Love and MLF that do not require playing Clifford.  I get that.  And that is probably what the club can and is doing.  

1 minute ago, Leader said:

Well...I might not like Republican political philosophies.....but I read and listen to them.
If you dont like his opinion....nobody's forcing you to listen to them.

I have never clicked play on a single Cowturd link. Don't know what pride you get in posting something that is verbal diarrhea, no research in it. 

I will read anything that is based in research, film study, personal experience and analytics. 

Cowherd is based on whatever the writers put in front of his face to generate clicks. Associating yourself with it as the one who posts it is odd. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

I have never clicked play on a single Cowturd link. Don't know what pride you get in posting something that is verbal diarrhea, no research in it. 

I will read anything that is based in research, film study, personal experience and analytics. 

Cowherd is based on whatever the writers put in front of his face to generate clicks. Associating yourself with it as the one who posts it is odd. 

It's an opinion. I post lot of them and I'm not "associated" with any of them.
Comments I make directly reflect my opinions or thoughts....I'm "associated" with them.