Jordan Love Appreciation Thread

vegas492

2 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

It's gonna take an extra year for Chrissy.  She was really raw coming into the league and has missed a lot of time for far.  Not just games, but practices and camp.  She needs an extra year and she has the physical talent for us to expect her to get that extra year.

I had already coined Watson as "Christina" after the Raiders game, but I'll go with Chrissy moving forward. 

Edited by packfanfb
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Go back and watch Greg Jennings. He was an alpha. 

So was Jordy.

Neither one of them was outgoing with the media, but on the field, they were killers.  And young Jordy showed more emotion.  As he got into his Prime, he just stacked success and let that do his talking.

But he was quite the Alpha in my book.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

It's gonna take an extra year for Chrissy.  She was really raw coming into the league and has missed a lot of time for far.  Not just games, but practices and camp.  She needs an extra year and she has the physical talent for us to expect her to get that extra year.

Listen...not busting on ya.....but do we really need to go there with the Chrissy-like stuff? I mean, come on.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, CrazyJoeDavola said:

I guess we are going to disagree on this. If he was a true alpha he would have succeeded when he left. He was a good player and fit exactly what was needed here. But he was not that true alpha type player at any point in my mind.

Jennings had the dog in him while in GB.  He would go to the dirtiest areas of the field and take that monster shot to make a big grab, routinely.  I think wear and tear effected him post GB.  Jordy was the ultimate sideline tactician, but could also beat people deep with sneaky speed and route precision.  Both of those guys were very polished route runners and wanted that ball when they had a chance for it.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Jennings had the dog in him while in GB.  He would go to the dirtiest areas of the field and take that monster shot to make a big grab, routinely.  I think wear and tear effected him post GB.  Jordy was the ultimate sideline tactician, but could also beat people deep with sneaky speed and route precision.  Both of those guys were very polished route runners and wanted that ball when they had a chance for it.  

Alpha's make that catch on third and long in the Super Bowl, over the middle when the defense knew it was coming.  That's straight up NFL serial killer stuff there.

11 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I don't disagree with any of those statements. It's almost as though they filled their specific role within the collective! 

14 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Alpha's make that catch on third and long in the Super Bowl, over the middle when the defense knew it was coming.  That's straight up NFL serial killer stuff there.

I think the disconnect here is that I am looking at alpha in a different way. I view Alpha as the top tier in the league. Alpha and elite are interchangeable in my mind. Others may be using the term differently from what I am seeing. Being a "dog" and being an "alpha" are not necessarily co-dependent.

2 minutes ago, CrazyJoeDavola said:

I think the disconnect here is that I am looking at alpha in a different way. I view Alpha as the top tier in the league. Alpha and elite are interchangeable in my mind. Others may be using the term differently from what I am seeing. Being a "dog" and being an "alpha" are not necessarily co-dependent.

I kind of agree, but ultimately I think a guy that desperately wants the football is pretty much an alpha wideout.  They will not be denied when that ball is in the air and they have a chance to snag it.  I watch a guy like Watson and I just don't see that guy that refuses to be denied.  He's not doing everything he can possible to get that football.  Alpha might be more of a mentality than anything.  I suppose different folks have their own definition of it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

They have the youngest offense in ages. Let them grow together. You have the patience of a field mouse. 

did you know that very few animals have the patience to store food?  Most just gobble what they have down as quickly as their throats will allow.  Not the field mouse though.  Not only will it create stores of food, but it will do so in multiple places, providing a buffer for them to survive winter. 

Yes I just spent 15 minutes googling field mice to try and find something about them that shows patience. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, packfanfb said:

I'm not here 7 games in but probably will be after 17 games unless I see something different. The primary thing holding me back is that I think Love is basically playing with junior varsity players on offense for the most part. Not really fair to him.

Hes going to be a Sam Darnold, Teddy Bridgewater, Mac Jones type of player.  In the league a long time, taking a team nowhere.  

I understand his surrounding cast isnt great, but these passes are basic 5 and 10 yards tailored to make it easy.  He's not moving the ball or scoring

He has trouble reading defenses and delivering the ball timely.  Theres a lot of contested catches with him.  A lot of that is him being late with the ball.

If your goal is a Super Bowl, start looking for a QB ,he's not the guy.  

I think he'll get better but he'll fall way short of what they need.

56 minutes ago, CrazyJoeDavola said:

There were definitely times that Jennings and Jordy were considered top 5 WR's, and up with the elites.

28 minutes ago, Mox said:

Was that the argument?

see below

3 hours ago, packfanfb said:

I don't think it's a patience issue. I think it's talent, especially for guys like Watson and Doubs. They are decent players, I don't expect them to really ever be anything more. Musgrave - there I'm with you, I see a more talented player who needs time. Reed falls in between. 

So decent young players, but Love needs his alpha. He needs his Jennings, Nelson, Adams. That guy isn't on this team. 

looking for a 1st/2nd year WR to step in and be an alpha WR is a big ask.  yes it can happen with a top tier prospect like Chase, Jefferson, but those players are first round type players and early in the case of Chase.