Jordan Love Appreciation Thread

vegas492

9 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

He completed 88% of the passes he threw to receivers in a sloppy, rainy game at Lambeau. Plenty to boast about. If he plays like that consistently in poor weather, we'll be very hard to beat at home once we've retooled the OL and secondary next year.

👍

17 hours ago, packfanfb said:

This narrative gets way overblown though and comes off as excuse-making as a result. C.J. Stroud, who is an actual rookie QB, just threw for 470 today and 5 tuds and his cast is a bunch of young guys like Noah Brown, Nico Collins and Tank Dell. He has one vet player in Schultz, that's it. 

Our struggles have been wayyyy beyond "oh we're young." I'm waiting for Love to have a game just close to what I saw from Stroud today and I'll feel better. 

I mostly agree but

Shroud was the #2 overall pick. Love was #24

They were tiers apart as draft prospects

52 minutes ago, Mdpackfan22 said:

I mostly agree but

Shroud was the #2 overall pick. Love was #24

They were tiers apart as draft prospects

Sam Howell was a 5th round pick and he threw for 400 and 4 tds vs the Eagles with the worst offensive line in the league. I'm not going to crush Love, he played just fine yesterday, but I still don't see it. It's still clear Lafleur doesn't want him to throw the ball.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, StatKing said:

Sam Howell was a 5th round pick and he threw for 400 and 4 tds vs the Eagles with the worst offensive line in the league. I'm not going to crush Love, he played just fine yesterday, but I still don't see it. It's still clear Lafleur doesn't want him to throw the ball.

It's clear most coaches would rather run the ball down the opponents' throats and take their will away. 

clown Memes & GIFs - Imgflip

I'm done going to the circus! 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, StatKing said:

We scored 20 points and he only had to throw the ball 26 times. If the Rams had Stafford we lose that game by two scores.

We drove the ball down to what... The 5 yard line before kneeling it out? If you're going to play the hypothetical game, then I'd argue we easily scored 27 points. 

Also, we'd have a much better record because we would have been able to hypothetically play all of our games this year with Jones, Bakh, Jaire, Campbell, Walker, etc. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, StatKing said:

We scored 20 points and he only had to throw the ball 26 times. If the Rams had Stafford we lose that game by two scores.

If bahahaha. if is such a fun game. If people posted better on here there would be better conversations. 

Say what you want, see what you want.  

But Love made some great, quality throws, in rain to help win the game.  That out to the right sideline to Doubs (who caught it beautifully) had a ton of zip on it and was perfectly placed.

That touch pass to the left corner to Musgrave was beautiful.  I thought he screwed it up when it left his hand, because it look like he guided it, but as is typical around my house, I was wrong.

The Musgrave TD was a great play call.  He didn't have to make a great throw, but he did.  It was so open it just wasn't as impressive to me.  The impressive part was the play call and execution.

I really hope we see great throws like these sometime in the first halves of games this year.  It would be nice going into the locker room with 125 yards through the air instead of under 60.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

88% adjusted completion % and the highest PFF rating on the team. Trying to find the haters this week.

wheret-they-at-doe-newscaster.gif

Step back from the ledge man, you're in too deep. Yesterday, I saw you post "Dime" when Love hit Doubs on a simple out pattern he should hit 9.9 out of 10 times as a starting NFL QB. You're so caught up in the agenda that you have to over-praise every single throw he makes which is just as bad as those who criticize every single miss. I get it, we all want him to succeed because we want the team to win. He had a good 2nd half against the LA Rams. Hopefully he can build upon it.

This week will be a much better test against a very aggressive Steelers defense. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I brought the haters back, good to see.

There’s one person here who hates Love and wants to see him fail.

The rest are bringing up legitimate concerns. If he gets paid, he’s not going to have the support you all say he needs anyway.

So some of us here are skeptical about giving him 30 million per year if he can’t play good, CONSISTENT football with a roster close to what we’d have if we were paying him 30 million per year.

And you and others like you can’t see the deductive reasoning in that logic.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, MacReady said:

There’s one person here who hates Love and wants to see him fail.

The rest are bringing up legitimate concerns. If he gets paid, he’s not going to have the support you all say he needs anyway.

So some of us here are skeptical about giving him 30 million per year if he can’t play good, CONSISTENT football with a roster close to what we’d have if we were paying him 30 million per year.

And you and others like you can’t see the deductive reasoning in that logic.

TBH, I think you're the only you thinking ahead enough about 30m a year deals. 

2 minutes ago, Norm said:

TBH, I think you're the only you thinking ahead enough about 30m a year deals. 

Lol. Yea sort of. I'm trying to figure out if he's worth any deal right now. The answer for everyone on that question should be "I don't know" at the present time.  

• Like 2