2023 EC Finals: (2) Boston Celtics vs (8) Miami Heat

11sanchez11

1 hour ago, Kip Smithers said:

People gonna get tricked into thinking that Boston have made this a series. Nah man. Spoelstra, especially with Jimmy, isn’t gonna lose 4 straight and it would just highlight and prove how useless post game analysis typically is 

Yea, I’ll get excited if they win game 6

They're down 3-1 with the ability to retain home court. They have to win one more game on the road. This has been done numerous times. It's very rare to see a team with home court be down 3-0, but come back from 3-1 down with home court is doable, and is the ideal situation for coming back from 3-0. There's isn't a talent deficiency between the teams, one team is just playing much better. This is one of those series' where I'd say I can see it happen.

I mean, there have been I think 2 or 3 teams who came back from 3-1 without home court, that is harder than what the Celtics have to do as of today.

Not saying they do, but it's not an insurmountable task because it happens every now and then.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mox said:

I think people are forgetting Boston is 4-5 at home this postseason. This isn't 8-0 Denver with altitude. 

This…Id be excited if the Celts had shown some form of stability at home, but they’re sub .500

To be fair, games 1 and 2 were pretty close, the Celts just crapped the bed in the 4th.

One insane stat was when Tatum scored in the 4th in game 4 it was his first FG in the 4th OF THE SERIES!

Tatum and Brown need to be more aggressive to finish the games. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

People gonna get tricked into thinking that Boston have made this a series. Nah man. Spoelstra, especially with Jimmy, isn’t gonna lose 4 straight and it would just highlight and prove how useless post game analysis typically is 

Jimmy is scary. Spo is scary. 

Martin, Strus, Vincent, Lowry and Bam aren't scary. Especially if Vincent can't go. 

Derrick White showing up felt big. Grant hitting shots is definitely big. I feel optimistic but it's just one game at a time right now

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Mossburg said:

They're down 3-1 with the ability to retain home court. They have to win one more game on the road. This has been done numerous times. It's very rare to see a team with home court be down 3-0, but come back from 3-1 down with home court is doable, and is the ideal situation for coming back from 3-0. There's isn't a talent deficiency between the teams, one team is just playing much better. This is one of those series' where I'd say I can see it happen.

I mean, there have been I think 2 or 3 teams who came back from 3-1 without home court, that is harder than what the Celtics have to do as of today.

Not saying they do, but it's not an insurmountable task because it happens every now and then.

idk if they will win or not, but if you told me that Boston was gonna sweep the heat 4-0, I wouldnt have argued too much. so why cant they do it now? 

19 minutes ago, Pats#1 said:

It’s amazing what happens when you move the ball and are also hustling without the ball as well….don’t let up, gotta create a nice buffer because Butler is gonna do his thing at some point 

Just came in here to say this. Keep that defensive energy, and the ball moving on offense.