2023 EC Finals: (2) Boston Celtics vs (8) Miami Heat

11sanchez11

46 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

Am I the only one who thinks game 7 will be a blowout in the Celtics favor?  

I think that's how it looks on paper, the Celtics did just win on Miami's home court in spite of shooting a pitiful 20% from 3 after all. I'd expect them to come out and shoot around 40% and crush them, crowd's gonna have epic energy too. 

That said, this'll be like the 4th time the Heat have been doubted this postseason and they've always come out on top of them so I wouldn't be surprised to see them defy logic, but I definitely don't expect it.

6 hours ago, JonStark said:

If any team can overcome this momentum swing, it's the Heat, but still think it's too much. Bam was everything I had been hoping for at the beginning of this series but he reverted back to soft, give 110% in the sloppiest way possible Bam and we can't win with that. Celtics did a great job at doubling and frustrating Jimmy early and only Martin and Vincent stepped up. That's Bam's job.

I'll go to my grave saying the Heat won that game with even competent refereeing though. The "offensive foul" on Jimmy and the countless hooks and pushoffs the Celtics were doing took a lot of points off the board. Yeah, they still had their chance and it's their fault for not closing out (at the end and the two wide open triples Duncan missed), but I can't believe how one sided the calls seemed. Celtics got a couple pointless ones too but I'd bet the point differential in bad calls is no where close. 

And can anyone explain to me why there was time added to the clock at the end? With 3.0 left, Jimmy had yet to shoot the ball so if that's when the foul occurred, it should've been 2 FTs, not 3. They called it on the shot which was somewhere between 2.5-2.8 at best, which still leads to a completely different outcome. Obviously it's not going to change anything, but I want to find out why that much time was added. 

I think the time was added as a penalty for Jimmy's double dribble half a moment before.

Cmon mang. Heat aren't even in the game if the refs aren't giving Jimmy every whistle on plays he creates contact and throws up a prayer late. 

The Heat are a team of dawgs from the office to Jimmy. They ain't blaming the refs. They're blaming Strus and Robinson and tipping their hat to an all time play.

• Like 1

The Heat can definitely win tomorrow night. It's just one game of basketball. Anything can happen.

I'm not a pro athlete, I have no idea how these men prepare for games like these but my hope is that the Heat struggle to get up for the 4th game in a row. The finish last night had to be so deflating for them as well. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

What am I missing that makes this a clean play? 

you can lose the ball and pick it up, it's not a dd. if he dribbled again it would have been tho

for instance

Edited by 11sanchez11
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

I think the time was added as a penalty for Jimmy's double dribble half a moment before.

Cmon mang. Heat aren't even in the game if the refs aren't giving Jimmy every whistle on plays he creates contact and throws up a prayer late. 

The Heat are a team of dawgs from the office to Jimmy. They ain't blaming the refs. They're blaming Strus and Robinson and tipping their hat to an all time play.

First off, it wasn't a double dribble as already pointed out. Secondly, I genuinely want an explanation on why it was added to 3.0. He got 3 shots, so it was a foul on the shot, which didn't happen until after that. Am I missing something?

I'm definitely not asking for every foul on Jimmy. I just think that "offensive foul" can't be called, and the Celtics got about 6-10 points off of hooking and shoving that should have been called. Yet Duncan Robinson gets a defensive foul for literally nothing. 

There is a lot of blame to go around for them as well, but you can't just ignore that they had to play against a great Celtics team and the refs last night. They had their chance to win and blew it, but both things can be true.

1 hour ago, JonStark said:

First off, it wasn't a double dribble as already pointed out. Secondly, I genuinely want an explanation on why it was added to 3.0. He got 3 shots, so it was a foul on the shot, which didn't happen until after that. Am I missing something?

I'm definitely not asking for every foul on Jimmy. I just think that "offensive foul" can't be called, and the Celtics got about 6-10 points off of hooking and shoving that should have been called. Yet Duncan Robinson gets a defensive foul for literally nothing. 

There is a lot of blame to go around for them as well, but you can't just ignore that they had to play against a great Celtics team and the refs last night. They had their chance to win and blew it, but both things can be true.

Game clock on TV is not the same as in the arena. At least that's what Kenny Smith said during postgame.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JonStark said:

I'm gonna say they didn't play against the refs last night. It's too late in the season and the series to complain about the officials. Yall were up 3 games. 

I'm not convinced it wasn't a double dribble. It looks like he goes to pick up the ball to shoot and changes his mind.