2023 Around the League

HuskieBear

Just now, topwop1 said:

I know he's another defensive coach but I would take Vrabel over Flus. Then sign Derrick Henry and we cookin'

Unfortunately Henry's best days are behind him. Oftentimes this year he looked like he was running with sand in his boots.

4 minutes ago, chisoxguy7 said:

Unfortunately Henry's best days are behind him. Oftentimes this year he looked like he was running with sand in his boots.

Agree, but Vrabel is a great coach. If they're hell bent on a defensive guy, fire Eberflus and hire Vrabel. Vrabel has taken crappy rosters and GM's and taken them into the playoffs. Guys play hard as hell for him and he always prioritizes a good OL

3 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Agree, but Vrabel is a great coach. If they're hell bent on a defensive guy, fire Eberflus and hire Vrabel. Vrabel has taken crappy rosters and GM's and taken them into the playoffs. Guys play hard as hell for him and he always prioritizes a good OL

His guy Nate Davis is already here!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

I know he's another defensive coach but I would take Vrabel over Flus. Then sign Derrick Henry and we cookin'

I like Vrabel but have zero interest in him replacing Flus...would have to change the full front 7 of the defence again and we would still be in the same spot of having a defensive mind with either a QB who needs a scheme designed around him or worse a rookie QB who needs the support of a great offensive mind...

Either leave Flus in place or get an offensive guy in.

• Like 1

With Vrabel out in Tennessee I wonder how attached to Levis they are after an extended audition of him this year. I'm wondering if they could be a trade target at 7.

Chicago sends 1.1, 2025 5th , Tennessee sends 1.7, Jeffrey Simmons, 2.38, 2025 1st, 2025 2nd

32 minutes ago, TankWilliams said:

Have to imagine Vrabel is coaching NE next year.

I hope so - DK has odds for where Belichick will coach week 1 of 2024 and I jumped on Not Coaching at +600.

Also that connection is incredibly easy to make. 

Edited by AZBearsFan

8 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

I hope so - DK has odds for where Belichick will coach week 1 of 2024 and I jumped on Not Coaching at +600.

Also that connection is incredibly easy to make. 

That or Ohio State makes a move and replaces Day with Vrabel.

1 minute ago, CBears019 said:

That or Ohio State makes a move and replaces Day with Vrabel.

That’d be crazy. Day has a top 10 finish in all 5 full seasons, and ranked in the top 3 at some point in each of them. He’s 53-8 in 5 full seasons as HC. 2 of those losses were to the eventual National Champ (including one in the title game). Another to the National Runner Up. Another in this year’s bowl game after like 15 starters opted out. 

For comparison, over the same 5 years Georgia has 6 losses. Alabama has 8. Michigan has 11. Clemson has 13.

How much better do you get by firing him if you’re OSU?

44 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

That’d be crazy. Day has a top 10 finish in all 5 full seasons, and ranked in the top 3 at some point in each of them. He’s 53-8 in 5 full seasons as HC. 2 of those losses were to the eventual National Champ (including one in the title game). Another to the National Runner Up. Another in this year’s bowl game after like 15 starters opted out. 

For comparison, over the same 5 years Georgia has 6 losses. Alabama has 8. Michigan has 11. Clemson has 13.

How much better do you get by firing him if you’re OSU?

0-3 against TTUN the last 3 years tho. OSU is crazy

This seems like quite a mess. I will say this for Flus - we don’t get that from him. He’s really good at the people part of the job. Whether or not his game day management or defensive play calling is up to par aside, that part of being the HC is really important too.

• Like 1