2023 Around the League

HuskieBear

56 minutes ago, chisoxguy7 said:

Isn't much of the smoke around Jags to London because their owner, Shad Khan, purchased Wembley Stadium in 2018? I can't see any other team going there.

Khan owns Fulham Football Club but not Wembley Stadium...that is owned by the English Football Association. 

40 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Khan owns Fulham Football Club but not Wembley Stadium...that is owned by the English Football Association. 

You're right, the top result of my "Shad Khan Wembley" search was announcing the sale but further down the results I missed that he had withdrawn just before the vote to approve.

13 minutes ago, chisoxguy7 said:

You're right, the top result of my "Shad Khan Wembley" search was announcing the sale but further down the results I missed that he had withdrawn just before the vote to approve.

Defos couldn't play an American football game at Craven Cottage...it's tiny hahaha

I knew this **** was coming, but we're now stuck rooting for Green Bay against the Panthers, AND we now have complicated feelings about Arizona vs Chicago on Christmas eve no less so I'm going to have to stress drink whisky at my inlaws AND I have to pull for Bill Bellichik to give a middle finger on his way out the door and win one or two... Ugh. 

For all the issues New England is having and the season being dead, kind of weird they aren’t giving Kayshon Boutte some more run. Two receptions on the year.

Guy must be a nightmare, worse than Pickens. From expected day 1/2 pick all the way to the sixth round to (so far) just 92 snaps (in only three appearances) and 2 receptions.

• Like 1

Weird how when his OL stops playing as well…they can’t run the ball so well…his WRs aren’t playing out of their minds Jalen Hurts goes from MVP candidate to liability…

Obviously I am being obtuse calling him a liability but it just goes to show that the game just isn’t all on the QB anymore…you need the talent around you to step up…why I have always said Fields is better than Hurts…

Eagles are in a very strange spot right now…still think they could be a real problem in the playoffs though.

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

Weird how when his OL stops playing as well…they can’t run the ball so well…his WRs aren’t playing out of their minds Jalen Hurts goes from MVP candidate to liability…

Obviously I am being obtuse calling him a liability but it just goes to show that the game just isn’t all on the QB anymore…you need the talent around you to step up…why I have always said Fields is better than Hurts…

Eagles are in a very strange spot right now…still think they could be a real problem in the playoffs though.

Hurts has 17 turnovers in 14 games this year. If not for a dozen 1-yard rushing TDs how bad do the early returns on that massive contract look? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AZBearsFan said:

Hurts has 17 turnovers in 14 games this year. If not for a dozen 1-yard rushing TDs how bad do the early returns on that massive contract look? 

It’s why I honestly believe we are moving away from the “star QB” era of the NFL…true difference makers at the position are becoming rarer and rarer to find because of the college game…the “point guard QB” getting the ball to talented playmakers around them like Purdy/Tua/Hurts those guys are more likely to be found…if you have a QB who can do that AND make 2 or 3 spectacular plays a game then you can have someone special on your hands…it’s why I just can’t give up on Fields yet…the talent is just too much from both a physical and maybe even more so mental aspect…how many QBs would stay the course in the situation he has found himself in over the last 3 years? No tantrums…just goes out there and tries again the next week…just give this kid some talent around him and he will be great I truly believe it.

• Like 3