2023 Around the League

HuskieBear

2 minutes ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

You delusional whalloper, you are completely lost if you don't think the chargers would benefit from Harbaugh and up their win total year over year. 

Too far man...too far 😩🤣

I actually think the Charges are probably a couple of years away...that cap situation sucks hahahahhaha

1 minute ago, Madmike90 said:

Too far man...too far 😩🤣

I actually think the Charges are probably a couple of years away...that cap situation sucks hahahahhaha

Hope it's not actually too far, my next door neighbor is from Glasgow and that's what he called our other neighbor who lets his dog wander the hood.  

If I recall they (chargers not neighbors) had two high priced defensive guys but could cut or trade one and be more or less ok, no?

1 minute ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

Hope it's not actually too far, my next door neighbor is from Glasgow and that's what he called our other neighbor who lets his dog wander the hood.  

If I recall they (chargers not neighbors) had two high priced defensive guys but could cut or trade one and be more or less ok, no?

Hahaha no man Whalloper is what you call your mate over here...in fairness we are on a totally different level of swearing in this country than most...think of the worst of all the swear words...starting with a C...that is a greeting over here hahahaha

I am sure they have like 5 guys who take up a massive percentage of their cap and 3 of the 5 have injuries all the time...not an easy job.

11 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Hahaha no man Whalloper is what you call your mate over here...in fairness we are on a totally different level of swearing in this country than most...think of the worst of all the swear words...starting with a C...that is a greeting over here hahahaha

I am sure they have like 5 guys who take up a massive percentage of their cap and 3 of the 5 have injuries all the time...not an easy job.

My recollection on the chargers-a team i think about so often that every couple years I'm surprised to learn they're in LA-was based on some podcast making the assertion that they weren't actually that bad off. Do not trust what I say for gambling or general management purposes.

Used to work with a different Scot who was truly next level profane. Was essentially an unlicensed boat hauler and pro racer.  He'd been here long enough that he'd cut down his play book to just American swears, but he used a lot of them. He once got invited to Coach a junior event and was removed from the post like fifteen minutes in after multiple parents freaked out. "My Brayden is NOT a ******* prick!"is how I always imagined that conversation going. 

9 minutes ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

My recollection on the chargers-a team i think about so often that every couple years I'm surprised to learn they're in LA-was based on some podcast making the assertion that they weren't actually that bad off. Do not trust what I say for gambling or general management purposes.

Used to work with a different Scot who was truly next level profane. Was essentially an unlicensed boat hauler and pro racer.  He'd been here long enough that he'd cut down his play book to just American swears, but he used a lot of them. He once got invited to Coach a junior event and was removed from the post like fifteen minutes in after multiple parents freaked out. "My Brayden is NOT a ******* prick!"is how I always imagined that conversation going. 

😂

Yeah that sounds about right hahaha

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pool said:

Bears played GB better than DAL has and we had nothing on the line. My shower thought for the day.

I had the same thought and will be clinging to it for dear life the next 8+ months

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pool said:

Bears played GB better than DAL has and we had nothing on the line. My shower thought for the day.

IDK. DAL at least put some points on the board. They scored more in one game than CHI did in two combined vs GB.

Their defense was atrocious though. Looked like CHI's in week one.

This has to be one of the worst days for football for me. Rooted for DAL and now rooting for DET? This sucks so bad. lol

**** move by DET to boo Stafford though. He was one bright spot in that cesspool of a city and stuck with them for way longer than they deserved.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sugashane said:

IDK. DAL at least put some points on the board. They scored more in one game than CHI did in two combined vs GB.

Their defense was atrocious though. Looked like CHI's in week one.

25 of their 32 points were after the game was already over in garbage time.

1 minute ago, Sugashane said:

This has to be one of the worst days for football for me. Rooted for DAL and now rooting for DET? This sucks so bad. lol

**** move by DET to boo Stafford though. He was one bright spot in that cesspool of a city and stuck with them for way longer than they deserved.

Not only that but the trade worked out better for both teams...Detroit were never able to put this good a team around Stafford and a lot of this was built off the back of that trade.

• Like 1

What's funny to me is that bears twitter and even members in this forum were constantly bashing Jordan Love all offseason saying he sucked and that the Packers supremacy at the QB position was finally coming to an end but clearly that's not the case and the Packers have themselves what looks to be a good young QB

Now I think coaching and scheme definitely have a lot to do with Love's success but the kid can definitely sling it

Meanwhile the Bears suck at getting the QB position right ..as usual 

I would love to see how Fields would look like if he were put in the same situation as Love was, sitting behind ARod for a cpl years with a good offensive staff coaching him

1 hour ago, topwop1 said:

What's funny to me is that bears twitter and even members in this forum were constantly bashing Jordan Love all offseason saying he sucked and that the Packers supremacy at the QB position was finally coming to an end but clearly that's not the case and the Packers have themselves what looks to be a good young QB

There are reasons for the skepticism on Love.... even coming out he was divisive. He played at an elite level his 2nd to last year and regressed his final year coming out... Then only showed inconsistency in the NFL even into training camp this year... Kudos to their staff for getting him straightened out. Imagine if the Bears had actual talent at either the QB position and the staff around it so they actually develop.