Jim Brown Passes Away

Ragnarok

On 5/20/2023 at 5:48 AM, MWil23 said:

He led them to a title in ‘64 which is the same as the Jets Title they called Super Bowl 3…so not really sure what point you are trying to make.

Honestly man, I was just taking a rival-fueled shot at the Browns. Jim Brown was an awesome player and will be missed.

1 hour ago, VigilantZombie said:

Honestly man, I was just taking a rival-fueled shot at the Browns. Jim Brown was an awesome player and will be missed.

It would have been funnier and more relevant if he didn’t retire before the Super Bowl actually existed.

• Like 4

On 5/21/2023 at 12:51 PM, Superduperman said:

He was greater off the field than on, he had some significant and contemptible bad acts but he was almost Muhammad Ali-like in terms of his posiltive social influence

Nah. His good will in social-activism is overwritten by violently assaulting multiple women, including nearly killing a woman. Was also charged with rape. Beat and choked out his golfing partner. Abused his kids.

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe
  • Like 5

14 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Nah. His good will in social-activism is overwritten by violently assaulting multiple women, including nearly killing a woman. Was also charged with rape. Beat and choked out his golfing partner. Abused his kids.

There's something to be said about iconic men, from that era especially being imperfect (Muhammad Ali for instance), but Jim Brown strikes me as the kind of guy who exploited his public persona as civil rights activist to get away with terrorizing people in his personal life. There are plenty of better role models from that era, that's for sure.

• Like 4

RIP to the Browns 🐐 

Hopefully the Browns will rally around this and get our act together this season. 

I’m really interested to see what the team and league does to honor his life. 

the fact he never missed a game in his 9 season is the craziest stat to me. Even back then 

On 5/22/2023 at 11:18 PM, TecmoSuperJoe said:

To be honest, I had no idea about any of this.

Jim Brown led the league in rushing 8x in 9 years and averaged 104 yards per game for 9 seasons.

In an era where running the ball was obvious and the league leader in passing threw for 2,500 yards.

Can you imagine in todays NFL a QB leading the league in passing 8 out of 9 years and averaging 300 yards per game for almost a decade--because thats essentially for the time period what Jim Brown did rushing.

and that....is my 79 word essay on why Jim Brown is the greatest football player of all time.

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1