1. 1. Raiders QB for 2023

• Sign Veteran FA
    • Bring QB out of Retirement
    • Trade for a Backup
    • Start Hoyer/O’Connell/Garbers

1 hour ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Yea I love td:int/fumble ratio

allen is very risky but he scores tho

I like TO/TD ratios more.  Some QBs choose to stay in the pocket and the ratios could be off by a lot especially if they have a good running game.  Last year Goff was #1 (4.14), Jimmy #2 (4), Hurts #3 (3.67), Mahomes #4 (3.42).  These numbers are going to be inflated some times and only tell part of the story like Jimmy only having 16 TDs.  Then again Carr was 23rd (1.71).  Just barely beating Flacco (1.67) and Mariotta (1.67).  Jimmy was 4th in INT % (1.3) and Carr was 29th (2.8).

• Like 1

20 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Who's talking about Carr here? I'm not the one gassing up Jimmy for a 10+ win season?

Like I said, I'll eat my words if I'm wrong. But there's no reason to be excited about Garoppolo in the AFC west. If he is the reason we don't get Caleb or Maye, I will be furious.

Exactly, Jimmy G is a bum and we have zero chance to win 10 games this year.  The guy is clearly delusional if he thinks Jimmy G is anything above a below average QB who has been propped up by an elite D nearly every year of his career.  Reality will sink in for the delusional once Jimmy G is playing catch up every game and the running game has been abandoned.  

I expect nothing less from him as he clearly lacks a basic understanding of how football works or what talent is and he is not worth anyones time to respond to such nonsense.  

If Jacobs holds out, which he should do until he gets the long term contract, it will beyond ugly.  A bum like Jimmy G with a porous Oline and zero fear of our run game LOL....  Jacobs has all the power in the situation and he knows it.  JM and this team is beyond doomed if he holds out going into the season as every person on the planet knows the O will run through Jacobs.  

22 hours ago, Darbsk said:

They both seem kinda high to me? Is that quite high for both?

I honestly would've thought that was average or maybe even a bit low to be honest. Of course, context is key though. 

I think like, ok, a guy throws 4500 yards and has 34 TDs, 12 INTs, 5 fumbles lost. Those aren't numbers I consider "bad". A guy has 10 TDs, 4 INTs, and 1 fumble lost, I consider pretty bad. Both are a 2:1 ratio of tds and tos, but the better numbers are a 1:1 ratio for turnovers per game average, whereas the other is a turnover roughly every 3ish games? 

I mean, yeah some guys are going to have years where they have crazy numbers like Rodgers and some of his single digit INT mega years, but I'd think a to per game average was closer to middle than not, if not even a little "good" for a full time starter- especially a productive one. 

But again, context. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

I honestly would've thought that was average or maybe even a bit low to be honest. Of course, context is key though. 

I think like, ok, a guy throws 4500 yards and has 34 TDs, 12 INTs, 5 fumbles lost. Those aren't numbers I consider "bad". A guy has 10 TDs, 4 INTs, and 1 fumble lost, I consider pretty bad. Both are a 2:1 ratio of tds and tos, but the better numbers are a 1:1 ratio for turnovers per game average, whereas the other is a turnover roughly every 3ish games? 

I mean, yeah some guys are going to have years where they have crazy numbers like Rodgers and some of his single digit INT mega years, but I'd think a to per game average was closer to middle than not, if not even a little "good" for a full time starter- especially a productive one. 

But again, context. 

Exactly context is everything here 👍🏼

3 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

Jimmy G 62% percentage inside 10 yard line 

Carr 33%

Like I have been saying next season will tell us a lot for both Carr and Jimmy G.  You think Jimmy G is a great QB who flourishes in the RZ based on cherry picked stats with zero context.  

It sure makes it a lot easier to complete passes in the RZ when you have a great O minded coach like KS, you have a top Oline holding off the pressure, you have one of the most versatile backs in the NFL in CM who is a massive threat to score both running and catching the ball and have Kittle, Deebo and Aiyuk as your receiving options.  It's very difficult for a D coordinator to scheme when you have multiple, effective ways to score.  

If Jimmy G plays a full season I assure you his RZ numbers will be closer to the 33 percent Carr posted rather than the 60 percent he had with the 49ers as we don't have the weapons nor the play calling of the 9ers.  I would also venture to say that Carr's RZ numbers should improve quite a bit now that he is surrounded by the best supporting cast of his career and hopefully a play caller who knows how to scheme open his players.  

4 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

How many attempts tho?

21 Attempts for Jimmy G

30 for Carr 

3 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Like I have been saying next season will tell us a lot for both Carr and Jimmy G.  You think Jimmy G is a great QB who flourishes in the RZ based on cherry picked stats with zero context.  

It sure makes it a lot easier to complete passes in the RZ when you have a great O minded coach like KS, you have a top Oline holding off the pressure, you have one of the most versatile backs in the NFL in CM who is a massive threat to score both running and catching the ball and have Kittle, Deebo and Aiyuk as your receiving options.  It's very difficult for a D coordinator to scheme when you have multiple, effective ways to score.  

If Jimmy G plays a full season I assure you his RZ numbers will be closer to the 33 percent Carr posted rather than the 60 percent he had with the 49ers as we don't have the weapons nor the play calling of the 9ers.  I would also venture to say that Carr's RZ numbers should improve quite a bit now that he is surrounded by the best supporting cast of his career and hopefully a play caller who knows how to scheme open his players.  

Numbers don’t lie. Jimmy G is a improvement in the Redzone that can’t be disputed

Edited by bucksavage1

On 6/28/2023 at 8:00 AM, Frankie2Gunz said:

Exactly, Jimmy G is a bum and we have zero chance to win 10 games this year.  The guy is clearly delusional if he thinks Jimmy G is anything above a below average QB who has been propped up by an elite D nearly every year of his career.  Reality will sink in for the delusional once Jimmy G is playing catch up every game and the running game has been abandoned.  

I expect nothing less from him as he clearly lacks a basic understanding of how football works or what talent is and he is not worth anyones time to respond to such nonsense.  

If Jacobs holds out, which he should do until he gets the long term contract, it will beyond ugly.  A bum like Jimmy G with a porous Oline and zero fear of our run game LOL....  Jacobs has all the power in the situation and he knows it.  JM and this team is beyond doomed if he holds out going into the season as every person on the planet knows the O will run through Jacobs.  

Somebody's off their meds again. I need to find out what nursing home you're in so I can put in a call, ditching your meds can't  be good for you.

4 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

Numbers don’t lie. Jimmy G is a improvement in the Redzone that can’t be disputed

Actually, scientifically it can absolutely be disputed because they played against different opponents, with different supporting casts, in different game situations, with different play callers and different plays. There was no control sample.

All we can say is that Garoppolo has much better numbers on paper, no dispute there at all. We will just have to see what he does in our team. I am optimistic he’ll be better in the red zone as that was a weakness of Carr for sure but to expect Garoppolo to replicate previous numbers is probably a bit naïve. 

Edited by Darbsk
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

21 Attempts for Jimmy G

30 for Carr 

Every game I watched from last year jimmy was garbage in the redzone *granted I only watched 3*

• Like 1

11 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

21 Attempts for Jimmy G

30 for Carr 

So Jimmy completed 13 passes inside the 10, vs Carr completing 10? 

Something to be said about being able to get to the 10 too. 

As you said, numbers dont lie, Jimmy completed 3 more passes inside the 10 than Carr. 
Yes its better, but over a course of a season, thats not some ground breaking difference is it? 

numbers can lie when taken out of context. 
inside the 5 carr 6 tds to jimmy 3 with 44% vs 43% completition 

if i posted that saying Carr therefore the better Redzone qb, would be similar to you posting about inside the 10. 
Redzone starts at the 20

Jimmy does have better redzone numbers though. 

Its funny going off percentages though, because i remember, a lot hating on a qb for checking down instead of making a play . . . 
The tougher the throw, the higher chance for a drop. . . 
again, numbers can lie 😉

• Like 1