17 members have voted

1. 1. Raiders QB for 2023

• Sign Veteran FA
    • Bring QB out of Retirement
    • Trade for a Backup
    • Start Hoyer/O’Connell/Garbers

43 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

That wouldn’t have been a bad idea.  

I only brought it up because a certain Patriots West fan replied to a post of mine saying Garoppolo had several other teams that would have paid him 24m+…. Which obviously is crazy talk.  It’s crazy talk if you discount the injury… and even certified crazy when you factor in he might not be available for large sections to all of TC.  

Rolling with Stidham wouldn’t have been a bad idea.  I’d take a healthy Stidham and 18-19m over An injured Jimmy G.

Stidham signed with Denver to play under Davis Webb (Broncos QB coach) who was his childhood best friend . Webb retired as a back up QB and become a coach. We didn’t have a chance to resign him

Edited by bucksavage1

38 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

Stidham wouldn't have got that much, but he was the obvious choice, would have like to see him get a whole offseason with the team. But here is a serious question which rookie QB has more weapons on offense then O'Connell.

Your misunderstanding what I meant…

jimmy got 24m per, Stidham got paid 5m per…: so hypothetically if we just signed stidham to the same deal he got in Denver we’d have saved 19m which could have been used on FAs.

Thus, Stidham and whatever players we could have added with that one 19m makes for a better team then just Signing Garoppolo, IMO.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Your misunderstanding what I meant…

jimmy got 24m per, Stidham got paid 5m per…: so hypothetically if we just signed stidham to the same deal he got in Denver we’d have saved 19m which could have been used on FAs.

Thus, Stidham and whatever players we could have added with that one 19m makes for a better team then just Signing Garoppolo, IMO.

I got ya Stidham was my first choice. I would have paid 10m to keep him. 

My other question is totally separate because obviously this fan base is divided on this team. But I truly don't see any of the QB's drafted ahead of O'CONNELL  with better weapons on offense

• Like 3

15 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

Stidham signed with Denver to play under Davis Webb (Broncos QB coach) who was his childhood best friend . Webb retired as a back up QB and become a coach. We didn’t have a chance to resign him

Iirc stiddy left because they told him he wouldn’t be allowed to compete for the starting job. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

Interesting, he did jump ship pretty quickly.

2 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

I thought it was a good chance he would return but I guess not. Perhaps if he benched Carr earlier but we’ll never know 

Somebody said he wasn't allowed to compete for the starting job, I have never heard that. That's crazy if true.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, raidr4life said:

Somebody said he wasn't allowed to compete for the starting job, I have never heard that. That's crazy if true.

I don't know that they would have been that up front about it. 

But I can totally see this staff creaming themselves over the idea of getting Jimmy, who was a pretty apparent target, to the point that Stidham could essentially glean he was stuck waiting for an injury. Jimmy seems more the McDaniels chummy type than Stidham, so it wouldn't surprise me if it was an unspoken consensus. 

Stidham settled for being a backup on an arguably better team with better coaches and probably a worse chance at taking over as starter. Just another fail by our FO/staff, imo. Nobody will ever convince me that the move to the Broncos was a "greener pastures" decision by Stidham alone. For him as an individual, it's a lateral move at best until an unknown TBD occurs. He was either low balled, given the clear message he wasn't going to have an open competition for the job, or both.

And that's how we got Jimmy Glassbones, Old Man Hoyer, and a late round rookie as our depth chart. Stidham should have been a slam dunk resigning, but we can't manage a roster to see our lives. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, raidr4life said:

When was this?

All I could find was

“The Raiders final offer to Stidham is believed to have been a one-year deal worth a little over $3 million. That’s a low-ball offer by any standard and the Raiders essentially got what they bargained for by losing Stidham…The Raiders likely didn’t view Stidham as a realistic option as the starter next year”

I’ll try to find more but iirc they had tunnel vision with Brady, arod then jimmy

2 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

All I could find was

“The Raiders final offer to Stidham is believed to have been a one-year deal worth a little over $3 million. That’s a low-ball offer by any standard and the Raiders essentially got what they bargained for by losing Stidham…The Raiders likely didn’t view Stidham as a realistic option as the starter next year”

I’ll try to find more but iirc they had tunnel vision with Brady, arod then jimmy

Yeah I kind of remember the low ball part.

5 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

All I could find was

We did need that extra $2 million for the #7 RB and #11 WR probably though………. 😀

• Like 2

2 hours ago, raidr4life said:

Yeah I kind of remember the low ball part.

I remember jmd basically saying they were going to bring qbs in via fa and draft and that he wouldn’t really be in consideration to start. Part of me thinks adams would’ve preferred stiddy instead of jimmy

• Like 1