Raiders 2023 QB if Jimmy G is cut  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Raiders QB for 2023

• Sign Veteran FA
    • Bring QB out of Retirement
    • Trade for a Backup
    • Start Hoyer/O’Connell/Garbers

32 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

I do find that guys voice very relaxing! However, that doesn’t really answer my question, he’s been out of the scheme for 6 years, there’s going to be some teething issues even if he fits the scheme like a glove. He’ll still have to get used to different terminology, familiar with receivers he’s never ever played with plus McDaniels might he have evolved some too. He might assimilate quickly and it does help that he has played with McDaniels before, I just question if he can come in (especially if he misses time with the injury) and is instantly up to speed. 

I think it’s logical to assume he’ll still have a small learning curve and he’s not that perfectly familiar with the scheme any more given his time away.

32 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

I do find that guys voice very relaxing! However, that doesn’t really answer my question, he’s been out of the scheme for 6 years, there’s going to be some teething issues even if he fits the scheme like a glove. He’ll still have to get used to different terminology, familiar with receivers he’s never ever played with plus McDaniels might he have evolved some too. He might assimilate quickly and it does help that he has played with McDaniels before, I just question if he can come in (especially if he misses time with the injury) and is instantly up to speed. 

I think it’s logical to assume he’ll still have a small learning curve and he’s not that perfectly familiar with the scheme any more given his time away.

I would believe he’s already been in the building studying up Terminology, changes from the playbook etc. He had something to say regarding that during the press conference in March . Lot of that can be done in the meetings

On the field, throwing to the WRs is about getting timing down and nuances that pros need should be formed during TC

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

Carr throw with Adams, Waller and Renfro
by the way, who gives a **** what Carr did Jimmy G sucks and needs to get better

Lmao so does Carr. Funny you think Jimmy G on a new team should have been throwing with his receivers months ago but not Carr. Then you move the goal post talking about some last year. LoL

• Like 1

1 hour ago, raidr4life said:

Lmao so does Carr. Funny you think Jimmy G on a new team should have been throwing with his receivers months ago but not Carr. Then you move the goal post talking about some last year. LoL

What are you talking about?
every good quarterback practices with the WRs outside of OTA‘s and training camp.

3 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Plus he’s got a whole new oline to get familiar with not to mention a brand new center. If jimmy is ready end of august that means no preseason snaps vs an opponent. That qb center exchange is a major factor 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

What are you talking about?
every good quarterback practices with the WRs outside of OTA‘s and training camp.

Again just because some do it from time to time don't mean it's a regular practice, that it is a false narrative. I and asked you to show me where Carr who is in the same situation on a new team with new WR's was practicing with them outside of OTA's. Would it be nice, sure but it ain't reality.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Plus he’s got a whole new oline to get familiar with not to mention a brand new center. If jimmy is ready end of august that means no preseason snaps vs an opponent. That qb center exchange is a major factor 

Nobody disputes Jimmy needs OTA's and Mini camp ect.  Thinking he needed to be here 3 months ago throwing with WR'S  is not a real regular occurrence.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, raidr4life said:

Again just because some do it from time to time don't mean it's a regular practice, that it is a false narrative. I and asked you to show me where Carr who is in the same situation on a new team with new WR's was practicing with them outside of OTA's. Would it be nice, sure but it ain't reality.

It happened look it up yourself

• Like 1

14 hours ago, raidr4life said:

Nobody disputes Jimmy needs OTA's and Mini camp ect.  Thinking he needed to be here 3 months ago throwing with WR'S  is not a real regular occurrence.

Aaron Rodgers notoriously didn’t show up to OTAs for several years in GB. It’s less than ideal but isn’t the end of the world. He claimed it didn’t matter

59 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Aaron Rodgers notoriously didn’t show up to OTAs for several years in GB. It’s less than ideal but isn’t the end of the world. He claimed it didn’t matter

He was on the same team for how many years?

jimmy imo is far from a god qb and prolly on his last chance at starting qb in the nfl. Not even remotely close to rodgers. Even rodgers on his new team is at otas. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

He was on the same team for how many years?

jimmy imo is far from a god qb and prolly on his last chance at starting qb in the nfl. Not even remotely close to rodgers. Even rodgers on his new team is at otas. 

It’s why I said it is less than Ideal. My point was that it isn’t totally the end of the world

3 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

It’s why I said it is less than Ideal. My point was that it isn’t totally the end of the world

Imo off-season is crazy important it’s arguably the most practice time you’ll ever get cause during a season you can’t practice like this during the week.

I don’t know about the nfl level but high school and college during the season you barely practice during the week compared to off season. The summer grinding chemistry days is what makes the team. It’s how you establish yourself as a new player. it’s how you establish or maintain your leadership position.

Players are expected to be conditioned and available. You not available then you get replaced. You not conditioned then you been slacking. These are highly paid professional athletes competing vs the best in the world.

Trust me while one guy isn’t working their rival is gaining a edge/ advantage putting is work and it shows on gameday

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Justwinning said:

Honestly can't buy into any optimism with Jimmy G. I'm so tired of reading "he's a winner" while knowing damn well he was on a team with a loaded defense and an optimal offensive environment (Shannahan and their weapons). 

This.  I have been arguing this for weeks if not months.  I wish I could replay the SB he played in for this forum just so those who haven't seen it can watch and realize that the 9ers were literally doing everything they could to avoid letting him pass the ball in that game.  They knew he was a liability and tried their best to rely on their running game.  Watching it in real time was just different.  My cousin who is a 9ers fan hates him.  He's super glad they've moved on.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

It happened look it up yourself

I had already and like I said at OTA's not 3 months ago like you claim Jimmy should have been doing, If it did happen you would have posted here to make your point. Michael Thomas is still hurt so that's a fail, the young kid they have Rashid Shaheed has been working out at some training center in Costa Mesa, CA up until OTA's so that's a fail. Even quoted saying he can't wait to work with Carr. There is absolutely nothing with Olave and Carr working out together before OTA's. So who was Carr throwing to back in March and April in the offseason? 

Edited by raidr4life