17 members have voted

1. 1. Raiders QB for 2023

• Sign Veteran FA
    • Bring QB out of Retirement
    • Trade for a Backup
    • Start Hoyer/O’Connell/Garbers

19 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Lolol for real go from carr to jimmy to kirk lateral like a mf

Yall really love to say this but give me anybody that will stand in the pocket and make a play, can put the ball in the endzone and doesn't just lay down when he sees pressure.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

Yall really love to say this but give me anybody that will stand in the pocket and make a play, can put the ball in the endzone and doesn't just lay down when he sees pressure.

Ideally yes but Beggars can’t be choosers with this new regime. I wanted a lb and got spilllaine. Wanted a og and got bars, wanted a qb and got jimmy and hoyer wanted another pass rusher got chandler

fwiw i think Kirk is slightly better than both

Edited by NCOUGHMAN

31 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

Show me a report where Carr got familiar with his new WR'S months ago. Didn't happen until OTAs

Carr throw with Adams, Waller and Renfro
by the way, who gives a **** what Carr did Jimmy G sucks and needs to get better

2 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

I know this is about what if’s for 23, but we could see potentially see Kyler Murray available via trade along with Mac Jones and Kirk Cousins(FA). Interesting names that the Raiders can attach themselves to 

I’d rather see what the rookie has than overpay for any of those three honestly. Not a fan of any of those sorry.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bucksavage1 said:

TC should be enough for that. Especially that he’s familiar with the scheme

Is he really that familiar with the scheme though? He’s been in San Francisco for what, since 2017? That seems a long time in another scheme with different terminology, different cadences and so on……and that’s assuming McDaniels hasn’t made any real changes since 2017. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Is he really that familiar with the scheme though? He’s been in San Francisco for what, since 2017? That seems a long time in another scheme with different terminology, different cadences and so on……and that’s assuming McDaniels hasn’t made any real changes since 2017. 

57 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

These guys are professionals. They’ll be able to get it together 

On the bright side, O’Connell will be able to get more reps in OTAs and MC

100% O’Connell will get more time. I wouldn’t be surprised if he was starting week one.

38 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

I do find that guys voice very relaxing! However, that doesn’t really answer my question, he’s been out of the scheme for 6 years, there’s going to be some teething issues even if he fits the scheme like a glove. He’ll still have to get used to different terminology, familiar with receivers he’s never ever played with plus McDaniels might he have evolved some too. He might assimilate quickly and it does help that he has played with McDaniels before, I just question if he can come in (especially if he misses time with the injury) and is instantly up to speed. 

I think it’s logical to assume he’ll still have a small learning curve and he’s not that perfectly familiar with the scheme any more given his time away.