Raiders 2023 QB if Jimmy G is cut  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Raiders QB for 2023

• Sign Veteran FA
    • Bring QB out of Retirement
    • Trade for a Backup
    • Start Hoyer/O’Connell/Garbers

1 hour ago, Humble_Beast said:

You bash him, but I wish we drafted Haener..

I wouldn’t call it bashing..: i made a JOKE about his ridiculous photo shoot.  While I know you can take a joke, some people on here want to act offended and righteous as if they’ve never made a single joke like that in their lives.   

He just gave off the appearance he had a “limp wrist” and that is concerning …. especially for a QB prospect. 

While Haener is far from a perfect prospect and wasn’t ideal in terms of size, he definitely showed “he could slang it” at Fresno State.  It wouldn’t surprise me at all if he stayed in the league for a long time as a solid backup QB.  
But I don’t think drafting him would make any difference if Jimmy G ends up failing his physical prior to week 1 and his contract is voided as a result.  If that point comes the seasons already over and Haener nor O’Connell or any mid round rookie ain’t going to save it.  

38 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

He’s so injury prone he prolly hurt something else tryna overcompensate for the bad foot. I’m not expecting him to be ready I saw someone posted a potential 12 week recovery timeline. 

12 weeks from today would put us into mid August and would mean he’d be to pass his physical in time for the season.

I’m really not trying to be all “the sky is falling” negative, but this news is very concerning.  As you said, Jimmy G is notoriously injury prone and I’d add the point that he’s been known to sit out games he could have played in.  Apparently the chances of re-injury are high and he could as you mentioned very easily hurt something else because he’s compensating for the injury.

idk what’s worse: 1) if he can’t pass the physical and gets his deals voided leaving us with no starting QB just days before season starts OR 2) he passed the physical and has 2-3 weeks of practice prior to week 1’s game but then tweaks something else and I’d injured non and off all season.  I could see him playing enough games go get us 4-5 wins and we end up missing out on drafting Williams or Maye.? 

I could see a scenario where it starts to get very ugly in the lockerroom for JMD.  I could see JMD trying to publicly call out and blame some players for not perfectly executing his playcalls which is why the team lost the game only to have some players fire rounds back at him.

Adams doesn’t want to waste a full season in his HoF prime and came here to play with Carr and not Jimmy G’s backup cuz he’s out for another game.  Jacobs wants go get paid with an extension after keeping up his end of the deal but doesn’t get it… but there’s 24.5m to pay Jimmy G for his 4 or so game season.  It only takes 1-2 players in a leadership role to challenge the coach and spread discontent, where that is purposefully done or other players just take notice and join in.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

12 weeks from today would put us into mid August and would mean he’d be to pass his physical in time for the season.

I’m really not trying to be all “the sky is falling” negative, but this news is very concerning.  As you said, Jimmy G is notoriously injury prone and I’d add the point that he’s been known to sit out games he could have played in.  Apparently the chances of re-injury are high and he could as you mentioned very easily hurt something else because he’s compensating for the injury.

idk what’s worse: 1) if he can’t pass the physical and gets his deals voided leaving us with no starting QB just days before season starts OR 2) he passed the physical and has 2-3 weeks of practice prior to week 1’s game but then tweaks something else and I’d injured non and off all season.  I could see him playing enough games go get us 4-5 wins and we end up missing out on drafting Williams or Maye.? 

I could see a scenario where it starts to get very ugly in the lockerroom for JMD.  I could see JMD trying to publicly call out and blame some players for not perfectly executing his playcalls which is why the team lost the game only to have some players fire rounds back at him.

Adams doesn’t want to waste a full season in his HoF prime and came here to play with Carr and not Jimmy G’s backup cuz he’s out for another game.  Jacobs wants go get paid with an extension after keeping up his end of the deal but doesn’t get it… but there’s 24.5m to pay Jimmy G for his 4 or so game season.  It only takes 1-2 players in a leadership role to challenge the coach and spread discontent, where that is purposefully done or other players just take notice and join in.

Hope For The Best 

But this is rivaling the beginning to grudock circus 

• Like 1

You guys have got to stop taking the bait. Just like the recent Adams news was taken out of context (in his own words), this is another attempt to rile you all up for clicks. 

Look at the source....this came from PFT and Mike Florio. He will use the Raiders reach on social media to drum up controversy for clicks anytime they need content. He's taken many things out of context. 

It was reported back in March that the team founds something they wanted to clean up with Jimmy's injury and they fully expected him to be ready for the season. 

This is a story because of Tom Brady becoming minority owner in the team. Speculation and betting odds of "what might happen if" and "will Tom Brady play again".

Until something actually happens and we can hold the FO accountable. Otherwise, it needs to be see for what it is a tool to get one of the biggest fan bases infighting to generate clicks/revenue. 

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

You guys have got to stop taking the bait. Just like the recent Adams news was taken out of context (in his own words), this is another attempt to rile you all up for clicks. 

Look at the source....this came from PFT and Mike Florio. He will use the Raiders reach on social media to drum up controversy for clicks anytime they need content. He's taken many things out of context. 

It was reported back in March that the team founds something they wanted to clean up with Jimmy's injury and they fully expected him to be ready for the season. 

This is a story because of Tom Brady becoming minority owner in the team. Speculation and betting odds of "what might happen if" and "will Tom Brady play again".

Until something actually happens and we can hold the FO accountable. Otherwise, it needs to be see for what it is a tool to get one of the biggest fan bases infighting to generate clicks/revenue. 

He was right about dc walking for nothing right when his contract details came out. I like him and simms. He just investigates stuff and presents his facts.

H.F.T.B.

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Yea this was uncovered with Sanjit. Basically Florio was looking for clicks during Memorial Day weekend. Raiders and a McDaniels  have been a huge target of the media. That clause is common in NFL contracts 

Edited by bucksavage1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

Yea this was uncovered with Sanjit. Basically Florio was looking for clicks during Memorial Day weekend. Raiders and a McDaniels  have been a huge target of the media. That clause is common in NFL contracts 

Now sanjit is credible?

lol dude is slightly less annoying than that Wi-Fi Willy dude

31 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Now sanjit is credible?

lol dude is slightly less annoying than that Wi-Fi Willy dude

He made good point with sources from OTC (over the cap) the best nfl contract site on the net. Not sure how that disqualifies him based on your past judgments 

49 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

He made good point with sources from OTC (over the cap) the best nfl contract site on the net. Not sure how that disqualifies him based on your past judgments 

The only reason why it’s a big deal is cause he’s still injured. Mike just pointed out contract details. Don’t know why he gets beat up over it. Sure every contract has similar language but nobody cares cause the players are healthy. If jimmy was available we wouldn’t even have this convo. The fact that Jimmy may or may not be available is a big deal. People can do all the damage control they want but it’s still not a good look. We have arguably the best wr and rb in the game with no qb *yet* and it’s about to be June tomorrow 

but at the end of the day it’s just HFTB

22 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

The only reason why it’s a big deal is cause he’s still injured. Mike just pointed out contract details. Don’t know why he gets beat up over it. Sure every contract has similar language but nobody cares cause the players are healthy. If jimmy was available we wouldn’t even have this convo. The fact that Jimmy may or may not be available is a big deal. People can do all the damage control they want but it’s still not a good look. We have arguably the best wr and rb in the game with no qb *yet* and it’s about to be June tomorrow 

but at the end of the day it’s just HFTB

Some of yall think we have no QB with Jimmy so shouldn't be too heart broken

• Like 2