Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 26 - Taco Bowl XXVI Posted!)

8 hours ago, Kingram said:

Tua and Herbert also had 6 fumbles and Herbert threw one more INT. He had the same amount of turnovers as Tua and less than Herbert. 
IMG-1372.jpg

13 hours ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

The worst completion percentage and tied for the second most potential turnovers per game.

I mean... yeah... I've been saying that from the start of this conversation. I even posted a table that shows all of this stuff, sorted and everything.

Tua had the best completion percentage of the group. Kirk had the worst. That's a huge factor here, and one that might make Tua the QB that gives us the best chance to win.

9 hours ago, Kingram said:

Tua and Herbert also had 6 fumbles and Herbert threw one more INT. He had the same amount of turnovers as Tua and less than Herbert. 
IMG-1372.jpg

Herbert compared to Tua has 4 more TDs to just 1 INT/turnover and much more effective on the ground. QBR and Comp% are a wash. I'd take Herbert in the trio that looks similar and then Cousins with Tua in the rear. Tannehill is a wildcard though.

Edited by LAOJoe

Well, plot twist. The receivers for those three QBs and their drop totals:

TEAM FNAME LNAME GS REC YDS YPR LNG TDS DRPS
GRE Chris Godwin [16 89 1,106 (12.43 41 4 4
GRE Christian Watson [16 74 890 (12.03 38 5 6
GRE Diontae Johnson [16 63 865 (13.73 37 6 1

GRE Hunter Henry [16 54 629 (11.65 42 4 2
        280 3,490    
TOTAL DROPS:

PHO Mike Evans [16 87 1,211 (13.92 47 9 5
PHO Marquise Brown [16 70 975 (13.93 35 7 4
PHO Darnell Mooney [16 60 773 (12.88 31 6 7

PHO Dawson Knox [16 63 704 (11.17 38 5 4
        280 3,663    
TOTAL DROPS:

NZ Keenan Allen [16 79 970 (12.28 48 7 1
NZ Jaylen Waddle [16 69 935 (13.55 37 5 3
NZ DeVonta Smith [16 44 557 (12.66 32 8 1

NZ Dalton Kincaid [16 46 505 (10.98 41 3 4
        238 2967    
TOTAL DROPS:

Cousins' supporting cast dropped the ball significantly more frequently than the other receiver groups. If they had as many drops as, say, the GRE receivers (13), Cousins' completion percentage would rise to 63.02%, which would put him above Hurts and Tannehill, on par with Herbert and narrowly below Tua. Might make Cousins the guy.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

I love how the debate isn't who had a more deserving season but rather who would help win a single game matchup. Feels like the point is being missed.

... I mean... the only significance of this game is that the owner of the MVP gets rewarded. It makes winning the game the entire point. (Fortunately, you want the best players to give you the best chance of winning, so it seems like it's working exactly as intended.)

Edit: and how do we quantify "more deserving"? Straight rating?

Edited by TL-TwoWinsAway

1 hour ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

... I mean... the only significance of this game is that the owner of the MVP gets rewarded. It makes winning the game the entire point. (Fortunately, you want the best players to give you the best chance of winning, so it seems like it's working exactly as intended.)

Edit: and how do we quantify "more deserving"? Straight rating?

Personally for the purpose of all star voting I focus on their seasonal performance. Sure the MVP gets a tag, but we've seen a lot of random stuff happen in that game and I want to say more often than not it's not a QB.

Taking the approach of "this guy may have been better over the season, but I feel this other guy is 'better' shot at winning us the game" doesn't feel like it's in the spirit of the game. But hey, that's why we all get to vote on how we believe it should be. 

That said, I'll work on my ballot this evening.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RuskieTitan said:

Personally for the purpose of all star voting I focus on their seasonal performance. Sure the MVP gets a tag, but we've seen a lot of random stuff happen in that game and I want to say more often than not it's not a QB.

Taking the approach of "this guy may have been better over the season, but I feel this other guy is 'better' shot at winning us the game" doesn't feel like it's in the spirit of the game. But hey, that's why we all get to vote on how we believe it should be. 

That said, I'll work on my ballot this evening.

I agree. Who deserves it? I say any of the 4 could. I would not argue against it, but if you are trying to pick one based solely on who you'd think would win an all-star game only, I disagree on how it's decided.

Edited by LAOJoe

3 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

But, I guess the question becomes: how do we determine the better "seasonal performance" for a QB? Rating? Wins? Raw stats, or is context considered?

If the better QB with a lesser supporting cast put up similar stats to a lesser QB with a better supporting cast, but that lesser QB was slightly above statistically, should that lesser QB get the start? Does that benefit anyone?

1 hour ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

But, I guess the question becomes: how do we determine the better "seasonal performance" for a QB? Rating? Wins? Raw stats, or is context considered?

If the better QB with a lesser supporting cast put up similar stats to a lesser QB with a better supporting cast, but that lesser QB was slightly above statistically, should that lesser QB get the start? Does that benefit anyone?

dart-darts.gif