Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 26 - Taco Bowl XXVI Posted!)

6 hours ago, Malfatron said:

Cutest couple of the year award

My wife wouldnt give a **** about this sim, and i definitely didnt tell her that i won the chip when i did, or even that im in this sim at all.

Edit

To Be fair, if i did tell her, im sure she would be nice and root me on, but i know shed be thinking neeerrrrd!!

Yeah, I think we're just way past the nerd stuff. I think it helps that she'll watch Lions games when I'm watching, and she's in a fantasy football league with my extended family. (They won't invite me.) Being as this is like fantasy football but far better, I think she likes it.

• Like 1

On 7/7/2023 at 6:11 PM, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Not sure if you all saw the pre-game festivities over in Wattsville:

(I told the wife I wanted a "little championship banner to raise". She doesn't watch sports. This is what she got me.)

lol ily

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pickle Rick said:

Anyone do any power rankings before the season started? 

If I had to pick three teams from each conference that I feel are most deserving of the playoffs based on the strength of their rosters, they'd be (in order from the OP):

Rio de Janeiro
Little Rock Uni Royals
Hamilton Hornets

New Zealand Blobfish
Lake Minnewanka Ice Orcas
Indianapolis Predators

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

If I had to pick three teams from each conference that I feel are most deserving of the playoffs based on the strength of their rosters, they'd be (in order from the OP):

Rio de Janeiro
Little Rock Uni Royals
Hamilton Hornets

New Zealand Blobfish
Lake Minnewanka Ice Orcas
Indianapolis Predators

I've got a rankings I did but never submitted because I was going to a bachelor party when the draft was winding down.

Let me pull it up.

• Like 1

Preseason Power Rankings:

1. Hanoi Viet Kongs - Crazy looking team on both sides of the ball with elite studs in most groups. If there is a weakness it's the O-Line with many unknowns.
2. Anchorage Amphibians - Went to the finals and brings back a solid team with some fresh young faces.
3. Hamilton Hornets - I really like my team. I don't know how good it will be but it seems solid.
4. Rio de Janeiro Pirates - The most prestigious franchise won't disappoint their fans. Elite across the board on O. They'll wring whatever talent is left out of their aging players on D.
5. New Zealand Blobfish - Best offense on paper but the back 7 on D is a bit suspect.
6. Little Rock Uni Royals - The Royals are going to get the last bit of solid sim life from their WRs. Josh Allen will get the most out of them. I believe their strength comes from their D though. Elite and great in practically every spot.
7. Indianapolis Predators - QB and D Line are elite and the rest of the team is solid. This team has a very a high floor and any team with an Achilles heel will be their prey.
8. Reykjavík Direwolves - Very strong offense and defense. They have a higher floor than the Predators but a lower ceiling.
9. Wattsville Waste Walruses - The Champs are a solid team but it seems they got bored with trades and somehow got worse despite the tags. One of their QBs might make the offense click. Definitely a top half team still.
10. Lake Minnewanka Ice Orcas - This team seems like no joke. There are a lot of rookies and some players with little or inconsistent sim experience so it was tough to put them higher but they could quickly go straight to the top if the sim gods are on their side.
11. Burlington Sock Puppets - Carr has arguably the best group of targets to throw to. The defense is looking good as well. A few questions in the trenches.
12. Phoenix Rubber Ducks - One of the premier teams last season seems to have taken a bit of a step back from last year, talent-wise. This seems like a very steep drop but some other teams improved a lot.
13. Tokyo Samurai - Dak didn't fare so well last year IRL and was subpar in the sim. He was the MVP on a losing team. That being said, the team seems to have made major improvements on both sides of the ball, giving Dak and the D core tons of help and look like a contender.
14. Egypt Starfalls - The talent is great on both sides of the ball. They are a darkhorse to surprise despite their record and relatively minimal improvements compared to other teams.
15. Greenland Polar Bears - There are some some questions on offense but this is a solid team that proved to be good last year with excellent gameplanning. They improved and got worse in multiple areas. A few key losses are why they fall a little further but they are the last of my true contenders here.
16. Freiburg Venom - I want to say they look great on paper but they were average last year and appear to have gotten slightly worse. Still look good enough to do well if blessed by the sim gods.
17. Lancaster Fighting Amish - I might be selling them short but it seems like they are poised to make their move next season with all their 1st round picks.
18. Berlin Beer Bellies - Geno doesn't seem there yet from my experience. This looks like a slightly more competent version of my team last season. There is potential but a tank might be in the cards to make a push next season.
19. Copenhagen Tables - I really like the foundations of this team but this year is a try-out.
20. Scranton Papermakers - They are trying to punt the season as the GM office is on hiatus but don't lock them into the bottom. There is tons of talent among the inexperienced players.

Edited by LAOJoe
  • Like 7

1 minute ago, LAOJoe said:

Preseason Power Rankings:

1. Hanoi Viet Kongs - Crazy looking team on both sides of the ball with elite studs in most groups. If there is a weakness it's the O-Line with many unknowns.
2. Anchorage Amphibians - Went to the finals and brings back a solid team with some fresh young faces.
3. Hamilton Hornets - I really like my team. I don't know how good it will be but it seems solid.
4. Rio de Janeiro Pirates - The most prestigious franchise won't disappoint their fans. Elite across the board O. They'll wring whatever talent is left out of their aging players on D.
5. New Zealand Blobfish - Best offense on paper but the back 7 on D is a bit suspect.
6. Little Rock Uni Royals - The Royals are going to get the last bit of solid sim life from their WRs. Josh Allen will get the most out of them. I believe their strength comes from their D though. Elite and great in practically every spot.
7. Indianapolis Predators - QB and D Line are elite and the rest of the team is solid. This team has a very a high floor and any team with an Achilles heel will be their prey.
8. Reykjavík Direwolves - Very strong offense and defense. They have a higher floor than the Predators but a lower ceiling.
9. Wattsville Waste Walruses - The Champs are a solid team but it seems they got bored with trades and somehow got worse despite the tags. One of their QBs might make the offense click. Definitely a top half team still.
10. Lake Minnewanka Ice Orcas - This team seems like no joke. Their are a lot of rookies and some players with little or inconsistent sim experience so it was tough to put them higher but they could quickly go straight to the top if the sim gods are on their side.
11. Burlington Sock Puppets - Carr has arguably the best group of targets to throw to. The defense is looking good as well. A few questions in the trenches.
12. Phoenix Rubber Ducks - One of the premier teams last season seems to have taken a bit of a step back from last year, talent-wise. This seems like a very steep drop but some other teams improved a lot.
13. Tokyo Samurai - Dak didn't fare so well last year IRL and was subpar in the sim. He was the MVP on a losing team. That being said, the team seems to have made major improvements on both sides of the ball, giving Dak and the D core tons of help and look like a contender.
14. Egypt Starfalls - The talent is great on both sides of the ball. They are a darkhorse to surprise despite their record and relatively minimal improvements compared to other teams.
15. Greenland Polar Bears - There are some some questions on offense but this is a solid team that proved so last year with excellent gameplanning. I they improved and got worse in multiple areas. A few key losses are why they fall a little further but they are the last of my true contenders here.
16. Freiburg Venom - I want to say they look great on paper but they were average last year and appear to have gotten slightly worse. Still look good enough to do well if blessed by the sim gods.
17. Lancaster Fighting Amish - I might be selling them short but it seems like they are poised to make their move next season with all their 1st round picks.
18. Berlin Beer Bellies - Geno doesn't seem there yet from my experience. This looks like a slightly more competent version of my team last season. There is potential but a tank might be on in the cards to make a push next season.
19. Copenhagen Tables - I really like the foundations of this team but this year is a try-out.
20. Scranton Papermakers - They are trying to punt the season as the GM office is on hiatus but don't lock them into the bottom. There is tons of talent among the inexperienced players.

Quality work here.

• Like 1

I'll be in Europe all summer starting next week. Not sure if I'll have time or a computer to write stuff up but anyone else can roll with these rankings and move forward with them. It was fun but I also don't like being too judgey in a league I'm in and feel competitive in so I likely won't keep it going.

Coincidentally I played the team I put at one. I didn't even register that until now lol.

Edited by LAOJoe