Year 2 QBs!  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Who will have the best 2023?

• Kenny Pickett
    • Desmond Ridder
    • Sam Howell
    • Brock Purdy

5 minutes ago, scar988 said:

That's great and all. There's also the factor of he's the least talented QB on that roster and could very easily lose his job by the time he's medically cleared.

Going to be hard justifying benching a guy who went 8-0 in games he played most snaps in and led his team to the NFC Championship as a rookie based on what two guys with limited NFL success so far do in practice

1 minute ago, jonnguy2015 said:

Going to be hard justifying benching a guy who went 8-0 in games he played most snaps in and led his team to the NFC Championship as a rookie based on what two guys with limited NFL success so far do in practice

I still think Lance ends up winning the job in camp, tbh.

59 minutes ago, scar988 said:

Then he'll lose it in season. He's not that good.

I doubt it. You just have to hit a certain threshold of ability in Shanahan's offense with these weapons to have good results. He seems to hit that line, just as Jimmy before him did. 

So he'll likely have some crazy good efficiency, the offense will likely run pretty smoothly all year and be top 8 by most metrics and they'll probably lose in the playoffs to the eagles again. 

I'm not a huge believer in Purdy in a vacuum, I wouldn't want to give him a real contract or put him in a position where he has to be "the man" but if he's just Jimmy, he's not going anywhere for the time being. I don't believe Jimmy will be very good in a vacuum either and he was still able to do what he was able to do with the team. I think the injury would have to be a pretty big deal in terms of what he's physically capable of. He doesn't have a very strong arm, so if it saps even a little of that power he could already be toast, but so far there's nothing that suggests that will be the case besides acknowledging the unknown. 

1 minute ago, scar988 said:

I still think Lance ends up winning the job in camp, tbh.

Lance is just counting the days until he's off the team. He has no future in SF without Purdy falling apart. He can't "win" the job. Plus, I don't think shanny likes him 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Forge said:

Lance is just counting the days until he's off the team. He has no future in SF without Purdy falling apart. He can't "win" the job. Plus, I don't think shanny likes him 

People need to watch film critically.  When they see a college QB lofting balls into the arms of WRs five yards behind the nearest defender they have to realize they are watching receiver highlights, not QB ones.  (Don't get me started on Justin Fields.)

San Fran felt the need to retain Lance until they finished paying for him.  Purdy is a godsend.

19 hours ago, scar988 said:

That's great and all. There's also the factor of he's the least talented QB on that roster and could very easily lose his job by the time he's medically cleared.

And yet at this point I'm still taking him over Ridder 10 times out of 10

Rewatched the Steelers-Ravens' New Years game and Pickett is a good improviser when things break down. If that game is representative of his general play, I like him much more than the rest (not concerning stats or success, but independent performance).