Madden SUX thread

Ty21

This game is so trash. I threw a game winning touchdown pass to AJ Brown with 10 seconds left in a online head to head and as soon as I cross into the endzone it says "You have been disconnected from the EA servers" ......... then proceeds to give me a loss. 

I never even lost connection it just kicked me to the main menu and I could instantly join another game if i wanted to. There goes my 8 game win streak lol. So stupid.

End rant.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/24/2024 at 3:32 PM, Sllim Pickens said:

I always hated that they disrespect the Lions good players with ratings just because they team has always sucked but this is getting a little obscene.  I just looked at the update after the Wild Card Round and noticed the following. 

Penei Sewell moved up to a 93 this year, the 2nd best RT and 8th best OT in the game.  Thats maybe fair but feel like he should be higher.  He was all pro first team and PFF's top rated OT this season.  He shouldnt have started as an 86 in the first place so kind of annoying, but at least he is good. 

Sam Laporta is still the 13th best TE in the game at an 81.  Second team all pro, pro bowl, some saying he is the best or second best TE in the league yet he is rated one worse than Dawson Knox and 3 behind Kyle Pitts.  Whats the point of updating ratings if you don't actually update them?  He should easily be a 90 and at worst the 4th TE in the game.  

Taylor Decker is the 14th best LT in the game.  He finished top 20 OT last year per PFF and top 8 this year.  Continued disrespect. 

Frank Ragnow was #2 C behind Kelce but both should be higher than 91/92.  A case for Ragnow to be ahead of Kelce on the field this year. Again why update if you dont actually update. 

They still have Brian Branch as a SS. He has been our nickel CB all year and should have risen higher than he has.  However he should not have risen more than Sam Laporta. Also at S is Iffy Melifonu, who albeit a very small sample size, finished the season as the 8th highest rated S per PFF and is still a 75 and the 81st highest rated S in the game behind Kerby Joseph who he has vastly outplayed this year on the same team. 

Alim McNeil is rated an 80 and the 17th best DT in the game and finished the year the 7th highest rated DT in the league.  He should be in the mid 80s at least. 

Jahmyr Gibbs is the 19th highest rated back which isn't super crazy, but still pretty crazy when you see Kyren Williams, D'Andre Swift, David Montgomery, and Tony Pollard ahead of him.  Gibbs was the 13th highest rated RB this year and thats with splitting time with Monty. His big play ability is huge and seems he is being disrespected still. 

Aside from Lions, a bunch of dumb stuff like Najee ahead of Bijan, Achane and James Cook and Jalen Carter being low 80s still.  Puka being and Kupp being behind McLaurin and just Puka behind a slew of meh WRs at #33.  Matt Judon ahead of Aiden Hutchinson, and Steven Gilmore ahead of Diggs and Bland and Snead significantly higher than McDuffie. 

I always hoped that when they did updates throughout the year they would actually pay attention to what is happening but nope, somethings never change.  

Maybe it will be like Pro Bowl voting.  It takes a while for a player to get the recognition he deserves, but once he is voted in, he keeps getting that recognition for a while, even after he doesn't quite deserve it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SodeeWater_Cheezburger said:

I just started playing Madden for the first time in my life tonight.  It looks like there is a ton of stuff to learn, but it should be a fun process. 

If youve honestly never played it before (or any other football video game), it might not seem that bad.     I honestly kind of envy you, lol.   

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 43M said:

If youve honestly never played it before (or any other football video game), it might not seem that bad.     I honestly kind of envy you, lol.   

Haha, thanks.  I've been thinking of getting it for years, but the reviews were always so bad about the latest game, I just kept thinking it would have to be "better" next year.  Finally, I decided to quit listening to the reviews and dive in.

17 hours ago, SodeeWater_Cheezburger said:

Haha, thanks.  I've been thinking of getting it for years, but the reviews were always so bad about the latest game, I just kept thinking it would have to be "better" next year.  Finally, I decided to quit listening to the reviews and dive in.

The game is playable and can be decent at times, but the problem is, it has felt like the same game for a long long time and alot of the additions they have made just arent executed nearly as well as they could be.

HOWEVER, if youve never played any Madden game before, it may actually seem pretty decent and you may say "Well, if they just improve this, this and this....it could be alot better!"

....and then years pass, and not only have they not fixed the issue, but they will have created new ones, and deleted features that were previously in the game.

Thats where most of the terrible reviews come in.

Honestly hope you enjoy it.   Just...dont get your hopes up of it getting any better.     I made that mistake for a long time.     

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 43M said:

The game is playable and can be decent at times, but the problem is, it has felt like the same game for a long long time and alot of the additions they have made just arent executed nearly as well as they could be.

HOWEVER, if youve never played any Madden game before, it may actually seem pretty decent and you may say "Well, if they just improve this, this and this....it could be alot better!"

....and then years pass, and not only have they not fixed the issue, but they will have created new ones, and deleted features that were previously in the game.

Thats where most of the terrible reviews come in.

Honestly hope you enjoy it.   Just...dont get your hopes up of it getting any better.     I made that mistake for a long time.     

When you think about it, trying to keep a game going for 20+ years with "upgrades" every time is a pretty tough proposition.  I'm just going to look at it like it's any other game, and if there ends up being one or two good "sequels" over the next decade, I'll take it.  It's nice being a total newbie to the franchise.

8 hours ago, SodeeWater_Cheezburger said:

When you think about it, trying to keep a game going for 20+ years with "upgrades" every time is a pretty tough proposition.  I'm just going to look at it like it's any other game, and if there ends up being one or two good "sequels" over the next decade, I'll take it.  It's nice being a total newbie to the franchise.

Enjoy it.

It's nice not having expectations for a gaming franchise.

KInda hoping EA CFB 25 does this for me lol.

• Like 2