Madden SUX thread

Ty21

Just now, Scalamania said:

Absolutely not the point - Madden and 2K both suck, they both suck because they focus on what makes them money, MUT, MyP and MyT. It doesn’t matter who is developing what sports game as long as their focus is microtransactions the other aspects of the game will continue to suck - 2K would be doing the same **** Madden is doing w MUT and vice versa. 

If you think 2K is going miraculously fix NFL games when their NBA games are straight trash and have been for the last handful of years then I’d ask you to step out of 2005 and step into reality. 

If 2K makes NFL games, Madden is still around. Competition. 2K has proven they make really good sports games when competition exist. Also even though 2K isn’t very good right now, it still blows Madden out of the water. 2K’s GM Mode is still head and shoulders above Madden’s Franchise Mode, even with zero improvements over many years. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Scalamania said:

What 2K has done to the NBA games is worse than what EA has done to Madden IMO - the reality is as long as micro-transactions exist and people continue to buy them, neither of these developers will produce a decent sports game for the sim type/offline player for the foreseeable future. 

Sports gaming as a whole is a joke due to annual releases with short development windows and  Ultimate Team type modes with microtransactions.   No one is denying that.   My only point was that competition is better than no competition, and likely our only chance of ever seeing a decent sports game again.

CF25 is a good start for that franchise, but I could see it spinning tires like Madden.

• Like 2

Man 2005 was such a GOAT year for sports games. Madden 2005 is the best Madden ever. NFL 2K5 is maybe the best football game ever. NCAA 05 was amazing (as was 06). NBA Live 05 was the last great NBA Live game before the series went into the toilet. MVP Baseball 2005 was great. 

Just now, Tank4Drake said:

Man 2005 was such a GOAT year for sports games. Madden 2005 is the best Madden ever. NFL 2K5 is maybe the best football game ever. NCAA 05 was amazing (as was 06). NBA Live 05 was the last great NBA Live game before the series went into the toilet. MVP Baseball 2005 was great. 

I liked '04, '07, and '08 myself

If they would’ve added porting dynasty classes to madden I would’ve purchased it, even with its reported flaws. But college football alone will sate me for the year unless I feel a compulsion to play as Caleb. 

It would’ve been doable too. Sure, you have to avoid real players/likeness/whatever being used in madden, but all they had to do was add a badge to all players that blocks their addition to madden via upload, so only random generated players can be added. Hopefully in the coming years they can address it. 

I tried Madden 25 via the EA Play trial. I still have more time left, but the game absolutely feels slower and worse than the College Football game. I love how fluid and fast pace the college game is. The college game has killed Madden for me. Maybe I consider getting Madden on Black Friday or Christmas for $20 just to have an NFL game, but yea this isn't worth $70.

• Kiltman changed the title to Madden SUX thread