2018 Free Agency targets

AZBearsFan

1 minute ago, WindyCity said:

Things are going well so far.

Agreed. We upgrade our kicker and have two new WR weapons for Mitch.

I still see us going heavy on the offense in the draft. Q is a likely choice if we think he can play tackle. 

5 minutes ago, Nads786 said:

Agreed. We upgrade our kicker and have two new WR weapons for Mitch.

I still see us going heavy on the offense in the draft. Q is a likely choice if we think he can play tackle. 

Spoiler: he cant.  I certainly didnt downgrade him, but his movement skills were lacking in the drills at the combine.  Granted he supposedly tweaked something right before he was going tonrun the 40, but watching the drills he definitely looked like a guy best in the phone booth.

2 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I would like to add a starting OG and another WR so the Bears can pound defense early in the draft.

So I was listening to the cast by some Tribune writers and they said one of the reasons Vic didn't resign immediately with the Bears is because Pace believes Vic can create a really good unit without elite play makers and obviously Vic wants elite talent. This leads me to believe we will go heavy on offense for another year. 

Just now, Superman(DH23) said:

Thats my feeling as well, although i dont think anybody is going to be super excited with olb gets bc its a weak position this year.  Whats the best we can hope for?  Trent Murphy?

Murphy, yeah, but another dude coming off a torn ACL and he was busted for using an illegal substance (steroids?) the year before.

I think Pace should gun for a corner, if he doesn't get who he wants, step back for a bit and let the market cool off and then see what he's got.

2 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

So doing the Math we basically traded Mike Glennon for Allen Robinson. Burton will cost $2M more than sims, and lets just assume that Fuller signs his tender tomorrow (he wont).  That leaves us with about $52m in space still. I think CB is coming next.

Signing another big name at CB is a risky game you play with Fuller's camp.  Unless Pace plans on making Fuller the highest paid CB on the team this year?

This is why I don't expect them to make a huge splash at CB and can easily see them just re-signing Amukamara to a modest 2-3 year deal along with Fuller's deal if and when that happens.

1 minute ago, topwop1 said:

Signing another big name at CB is a risky game you play with Fuller's camp.  Unless Pace plans on making Fuller the highest paid CB on the team this year?

This is why I don't expect them to make a huge splash at CB and can easily see them just re-signing Amukamara to a modest 2-3 year deal along with Fuller's deal if and when that happens.

It depends on what you can get the cb for. If you can land butler at $10-11M per and set yourself up for a similar deal for Fuller, you have your secondary set to grow together for a very long time.

Archived