2018 Free Agency targets

AZBearsFan

As far as targets go, I think we will get it spread around, but Robinson gets the lions share. Let's say 550 attempts (middle of the league) attempts are thrown. I could see it- 

Robinson - 140

Meredith - 100

Burton - 80

Shaheen - 75

Cohen -70

Rookie and White combined - 50

Howard - 45

13 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

As far as targets go, I think we will get it spread around, but Robinson gets the lions share. Let's say 550 attempts (middle of the league) attempts are thrown. I could see it- 

Robinson - 140

Meredith - 100

Burton - 80

Shaheen - 75

Cohen -70

Rookie and White combined - 50

Howard - 45

You forgot about Gabriel who is probably getting 50 targets at least.  I really want to be at OTAs

7 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

You forgot about Gabriel who is probably getting 50 targets at least.  I really want to be at OTAs

I hadn't heard about Gabriel yet, i typed thus back when I read Windy say Shaheen wouldn't get 110 targets. I just forgot to post since it  

So... that will change. Lol

What I would like to see moving forward in free agency

OLB Marquis Flowers [New England] 3 years 16 million/6 guaranteed

A starting OLB that really came on later for New England. He has the size at 6'3" 250lbs and the speed to be a threat off the edge and he has played off the ball LB and can cover, which may allow them to rush Floyd more often.

marquis-flowers2.jpg?w=640

OLB Aaron Lynch [San Francisco] 2 years 4.5 million/1 guaranteed

A Fangio reclamation project and a guy who is only 25 and has a ton of physical tools. The Bears need depth and he needs a fresh start.

091814-askaaron-thumb.jpg

OG Senio Kelemente [New Orleans] 1 year 2.5

Another experienced backup with multiple starts under his belt. It does not appear that the Bears are going to make a big move at OG and rely on Hiestand to coach them up, but Kelemente gives them a C/OG they can start if a rookie is not ready.

saints-vs-falcons-2016-senio-kelemete-fa

ILB Gerald Hodges [New Orleans] 1 year 1.3 million

Rock solid backup and special teamer that has started games and can come in and give the Bears some experienced depth on the interior.

Gerald+Hodges+New+York+Jets+v+New+Orlean

I just don't think Lynch will be able to get more than just over the vet min. 2.5 sacks over the last two years and offers nothing vs the run.

Hali at least could mentor young guys while being a situational pass rusher. I'd be damn happy about Flowers and Hodges is better than Jones.

I'd be fine with Lynch, but he warrants no guaranteed money, $1 mil guaranteed would just put him over what any other team would be willing to give though.

29 minutes ago, chisoxguy7 said:

Do we think Inman is not coming back?

Not with any kind of guarantees given that we now have 4 guys guaranteed ahead of him if healthy plus potentially draft pick(s). If he’s back I’m guessing it’s on a minimum type deal with basically no guarantee, and probably not in any big hurry. 

29 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

I just don't think Lynch will be able to get more than just over the vet min. 2.5 sacks over the last two years and offers nothing vs the run.

Hali at least could mentor young guys while being a situational pass rusher. I'd be damn happy about Flowers and Hodges is better than Jones.

I'd be fine with Lynch, but he warrants no guaranteed money, $1 mil guaranteed would just put him over what any other team would be willing to give though.

Gimme any Lamarr Houston back over any of those guys with the intention that he’s probably our OLB3 behind Floyd and a pick. Of the guys listed I guess I like Flowers best but am not enamored with any of them. 

Archived