2018 Free Agency targets

AZBearsFan

1 minute ago, G08 said:

World Champion Teams :) 

There's that, but I think that has kind of transcended generations. Everybody gloms onto a winner. This seems to be a newer phenomenon. I see a tons of kids wearing gear from random teams just because the colors coordinate with their clothes, or maybe because nobody else is wearing that team. Colorado Rockies gear was really in a few years back for no apparent reason.

16 minutes ago, IronMike84 said:

There's that, but I think that has kind of transcended generations. Everybody gloms onto a winner. This seems to be a newer phenomenon. I see a tons of kids wearing gear from random teams just because the colors coordinate with their clothes, or maybe because nobody else is wearing that team. Colorado Rockies gear was really in a few years back for no apparent reason.

I know what you mean, I see a lot of that in Chicago... tons of throwback jerseys and hats as well

3 hours ago, WindyCity said:

Tag deadline is Tuesday.

I doubt anything happens with Landry until the Robinson decisions is made/official.

Not just Robinson but Watkins too. If the Rams end up tagging Joyner instead then Watkins seems almost assured to reach UFA given that they need to give a Brinks truck to Donald right now. 

Either Watkins or Robinson would be an incredible get for us. I think Robinson is the better player of the two, but Watkins’ skill set is more a match for what Nagy has had in the past and he’s the one of the two not coming off an ACL. Both are superior to Landry too IMO so I would think nothing happens with Landry (here or elsewhere) before the tag deadline has passed.

After Veach’s comment last week I’m just sort of assuming Albert Wilson will be signing here. Putting the cart before the horse, but whatever. Adding Robinson/Watkins and Wilson to Meredith (and White) now WR isn’t only not a top need but it’d arguably be a very small need by draft day.  

6 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

Not just Robinson but Watkins too. If the Rams end up tagging Joyner instead then Watkins seems almost assured to reach UFA given that they need to give a Brinks truck to Donald right now. 

Either Watkins or Robinson would be an incredible get for us. I think Robinson is the better player of the two, but Watkins’ skill set is more a match for what Nagy has had in the past and he’s the one of the two not coming off an ACL. Both are superior to Landry too IMO so I would think nothing happens with Landry (here or elsewhere) before the tag deadline has passed.

After Veach’s comment last week I’m just sort of assuming Albert Wilson will be signing here. Putting the cart before the horse, but whatever. Adding Robinson/Watkins and Wilson to Meredith (and White) now WR isn’t only not a top need but it’d arguably be a very small need by draft day.  

Eh I wouldn't call Watkins an incredible get lmao

34 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

The Rams after trading Quinn will have the room to keep everyone.

But after the GMs comment in indy and this report the Robinson thing is trending in an interesting direction,

They may have the room, but they can only tag 1.  The other guys are goung to hit FA.  If the rumors are true that they intend to tag Joyner, Watkins is absolutely in play.

Pace said he didn't want to be too transparent but clearly WR is a big need for us.

Does that mean multiple lower-tier signings? Or does that mean he is coming out guns blazing?

In a perfect world, both Watkins and Robinson are FAs and we land our dude with the other likely going to San Fran.

Ian Rapoport - Despite some early optimism at getting a long-term deal done before the deadline, the #Steelers are expected to franchise tag RB Le’Veon Bell before the Tuesday deadline, barring a dramatic turn in talks. Both sides will keep working on a deal.

2 minutes ago, G08 said:

Brad Biggs:

Allen Robinson of the Jaguars, who most folks I spoke with believe will not be tagged

Yes, Adrian Amos should move into his basement for the next few weeks and screen his calls from California, NY and Indiana.

Archived